Ron Morris refuses to rank SU basketball | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Ron Morris refuses to rank SU basketball

This guy has been doing this for years. Here is a link to a story the PS did on him in January, when he was voting an undefeated SU team 4th in the country based on a 'feeling'.
I find it hysterical when the guy goes on a "feeling" then he turns around and says he has a formula for these rankings. Hmmm, formula or feeling, which is it? Whatever suits him for the given context?

Please people, DO NOT WASTE TIME on this clown anymore. And yes, I do realize I have already done some "time wasting" already :D

The State is based out of Columbia, not Charleston. I live in Columbia & I do not know anyone that reads The State. I have heard many people voice their dislike for Ron Morris...it appears as if his sole purpose is to be controversial in everything he does. Not sure how he would know what a real basketball team looks like if he has been covering the Gamecocks for a while. The most success I can remotely remember them having was winning back to back NIT Titles w/ Balkman...I had free tickets to the Bama game here last year & I could not give them away to USC fans. Maybe Frank "we eliminated your wildcats" Martin can turn things around, but they will always play second fiddle to football down here.

All the relevant evidence I've seen simply proves that Ron Morris is a douche.

For Ron Morris to even consider us not being a top 25 team is wrong.

We can put 4 solid three point threats on the perimeter at one time - Check.
We have atleast two real solid outside shooters personally I think 3 maybe 4 - Check.
We have dribble penetration from the 3 point line and high post in MCW, Triche, and Fair - Check.
We have Two scoring bigs developing. They are not there yet but developing just need alittle greenlight -Check.
We have pretty good freethrow shooting bigs and forwards - Check
We have 3 mcdonalds all americans two of which are sophmores to accompy 2 jrs and senior leaders. -check
We are rediculously athletic MCW, Rak, Fair, Dajuan are in another world. Triche, Southerland, Keita, Grant are rediculous athletes and Cooney is no slouch. Rediculously long, fast, and strong - Check.
We have the premier HOF coach who has run Zone longer then any coach/team in the country-Check
Syracuse is a hot product we will get tons of votes from others despite record -Check
We are as good in transition as always. -Check.
Our zone defense is rediculously long and fast and better at rebounding then last year -Check.
Guards that can extend and have size good height for the zone at every position -Check
Plenty of scrappy players to get looseballs -Check

I just want to make him look dumb, not that anyone needed to. Theres no contreversy here. The contreversy is whether we are top 5 not top 25. This guys dumb. plain and simple. Don't bother changing his mind.

#!