Ron Patterson | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Ron Patterson

Nothing official yet but I would expect to hear something soon. It'll be either us or Temple(sorry SJU) If we don't get him then yes Ronald would most likely be our next commit.
Tell rysheed Cuse nation says "Hurry up, gabjon is getting nervous".

I'm not nervous...I just don't sugarcoat my opinion
I am with you, I want Rysheed to pick SU as well. I will trust the staff's opinion of Patterson, but it seems to be overkill at that position, and he doesn't seem versatile enough to play any other position.

You don't drop the best player or the second best or the fifth best or the ninth best...between thirteen and fourteen maybe based on need.
There is quite a few guards on that roster.

No. Name Ht. Wt. Pos. Yr./Elg. Hometown/High School/Last College
0 Will Sheehey 6-7 200 Forward JR/2L Stuart, Fla./Sagemont
1 Jordan Hulls 6-0 182 Guard SR/3L Bloomington, Ind./South
2 Christian Watford 6-9 232 Forward SR/3L Birmingham, Ala./Shades Valley
3 Maurice Creek 6-5 194 Guard RS JR/2L Oxon Hill, Md./Hargrave Military Academy
4 Victor Oladipo 6-5 214 Guard JR/2L Upper Marlboro, Md./DeMatha
10 Jonny Marlin 5-10 175 Guard SO/TR Greenwood, Ind./Center Grove/IPFW
11 Kevin (Yogi) Ferrell 6-0 178 Guard FR/HS Indianapolis, Ind./Park Tudor
12 Hanner Mosquera-Perea 6-8 225 Forward FR/HS Istmina, Colombia/La Lumiere School
13 Austin Etherington 6-6 206 Forward SO/1L Cicero, Indiana/Hamilton Heights
15 Raphael Smith 6-3 172 Guard RS SO/1L South Bend, Ind./Riley
20 Taylor Wayer 5-11 172 Guard JR/2L Indianapolis, Ind./Bishop Chatard
23 Remy Abell 6-4 201 Guard SO/1L Louisville, Ky./Eastern
24 Jeff Howard 6-8 224 Forward JR/2L Westfield, Ind./Westfield
32 Derek Elston 6-9 216 Forward SR/3L Tipton, Ind./Tipton
33 Jeremy Hollowell 6-8 217 Forward FR/HS Indianapolis, Ind./Lawrence Central
40 Cody Zeller 7-0 240 Forward SO/1L Washington, Ind./Washington
42 Peter Jurkin 7-0 230 Center FR/HS Juba, South Sudan/United Faith Christian Academy

If Jordan comes here I think he plays 20 minutes a game at least as a freshman and has a good chance to start.

There is quite a few gaurds on that roster.

No. Name Ht. Wt. Pos. Yr./Elg. Hometown/High School/Last College
0 Will Sheehey 6-7 200 Forward JR/2L Stuart, Fla./Sagemont
1 Jordan Hulls 6-0 182 Guard SR/3L Bloomington, Ind./South
2 Christian Watford 6-9 232 Forward SR/3L Birmingham, Ala./Shades Valley
3 Maurice Creek 6-5 194 Guard RS JR/2L Oxon Hill, Md./Hargrave Military Academy
4 Victor Oladipo 6-5 214 Guard JR/2L Upper Marlboro, Md./DeMatha
10 Jonny Marlin 5-10 175 Guard SO/TR Greenwood, Ind./Center Grove/IPFW
11 Kevin (Yogi) Ferrell 6-0 178 Guard FR/HS Indianapolis, Ind./Park Tudor
12 Hanner Mosquera-Perea 6-8 225 Forward FR/HS Istmina, Colombia/La Lumiere School
13 Austin Etherington 6-6 206 Forward SO/1L Cicero, Indiana/Hamilton Heights
15 Raphael Smith 6-3 172 Guard RS SO/1L South Bend, Ind./Riley
20 Taylor Wayer 5-11 172 Guard JR/2L Indianapolis, Ind./Bishop Chatard
23 Remy Abell 6-4 201 Guard SO/1L Louisville, Ky./Eastern
24 Jeff Howard 6-8 224 Forward JR/2L Westfield, Ind./Westfield
32 Derek Elston 6-9 216 Forward SR/3L Tipton, Ind./Tipton
33 Jeremy Hollowell 6-8 217 Forward FR/HS Indianapolis, Ind./Lawrence Central
40 Cody Zeller 7-0 240 Forward SO/1L Washington, Ind./Washington
42 Peter Jurkin 7-0 230 Center FR/HS Juba, South Sudan/United Faith Christian Academy

And if he was better than the other scholarship guards one of them would have been gone.

And if he was better than the other scholarship guards one of them would have been gone.
They love guards from their home state. Geez that's a lot of guards from Indy.

We have Cooney and Mike G at the 2 if he can't back up at point than he doesn't fill a need.
I think you need to look at it slightly differently. If we don't get Rysheed, who else can we get to help with ball handling to backup Ennis (in the event that MCW leaves)?

Even if Patterson's handle is not much better than Cooney's or MGs there would still be a need. When Ennis takes a breather JB would have the option to put out Patterson, Whitehot, and MG to get a least one person with a matchup to handle some on the ball pressure.

I agree with the staff that it would be wise to get another ball handler in here for '13. Certainly Rysheed seems to fit that need better, but if he doesn't come here that need still exists. Better Patterson than running out a walk-on.

Strange that our only backup option, if we don't get Jordan, is a guy that wasn't even on our radar 2 weeks ago.

Strange that our only backup option, if we don't get Jordan, is a guy that wasn't even on our radar 2 weeks ago.
I hope it's just to get Jordan to sign and not desperation.

I think you need to look at it slightly differently. If we don't get Rysheed, who else can we get to help with ball handling to backup Ennis (in the event that MCW leaves)?

Even if Patterson's handle is not much better than Cooney's or MGs there would still be a need. When Ennis takes a breather JB would have the option to put out Patterson, Whitehot, and MG to get a least one person with a matchup to handle some on the ball pressure.

I agree with the staff that it would be wise to get another ball handler in here for '13. Certainly Rysheed seems to fit that need better, but if he doesn't come here that need still exists. Better Patterson than running out a walk-on.

MG's handle is light years ahead of Patterson's and getting a kid with a good handle who is 5'-10" and can shoot is not that hard.

Buss must have a better handle then videos show. I dont believe the staff would waste their time knowing we have Cooney and gbinige to play the same role...doesnt make sense. I really want Jordan too, but thinking the staff knows he's Temple bound. I would have to think a juco guard w a handle would be a better choice no?

everybody we don't get was a pipe dream!
I am no insider... But I knew Selden was KU bound early.

I didn't think Noel was a pipe dream. We missed him. Jordan won't be a pipe dream if he picks temple.

I am no insider... But I knew Selden was KU bound early.

I didn't think Noel was a pipe dream. We missed him. Jordan won't be a pipe dream if he picks temple.

Being second on someone's list doesn't make it a pipe dream. He goes to Kansas and hates it them what?

Being second on someone's list doesn't make it a pipe dream. He goes to Kansas and hates it them what?
The obvious answer would be rutgers.

The obvious answer would be rutgers.
In all seriousness, I like Mike Rice and he is working his butt off trying to get kids to go to Rutgers. But, how long before he realizes that it is next to impossible, particularly in the new Big East?

In all seriousness, I like Mike Rice and he is working his butt off trying to get kids to go to Rutgers. But, how long before he realizes that it is next to impossible, particularly in the new Big East?
If he wants to field a legitimate tourny team... It will be elsewhere.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom