Room at the Inn | Syracusefan.com

Room at the Inn

tboxCUSE92

Scout Team
With the addition of Batten (yes, I know we lost Addazio), I think its fair to believe there are more defections out there that have not been announced. We have a bunch of kids coming in this weekend and have a several offers outstanding, so just how many scholarships are available?? Shd be an interesting week.

I'm basing this on nothing, but I've been thinking that Max Beaulieu might be a candidate to move on. His position was changed and then he was almost never used in his new role. He's a TE now, so...

With the addition of Batten (yes, I know we lost Addazio), I think its fair to believe there are more defections out there that have not been announced. We have a bunch of kids coming in this weekend and have a several offers outstanding, so just how many scholarships are available?? Shd be an interesting week.

Yeah, I've been saying this for a while but even with promoting from within, I'd expect at least a couple kids bolt for greener pastures.

Under P it seemed like nearly every year we had a couple of upperclassmen transfer to D1aa (FCS) schools that conveniently made room for incoming guys. We didn't see it under Marrone, but last year was the first one with a full roster. I would guess we'll start to see a few of those every year from now on.

Under P it seemed like nearly every year we had a couple of upperclassmen transfer to D1aa (FCS) schools that conveniently made room for incoming guys. We didn't see it under Marrone, but last year was the first one with a full roster. I would guess we'll start to see a few of those every year from now on.
When FHCDM took over, there was a mass exodus of players; I think it's reasonable to expect a number of transfers this time around as well.

When FHCDM took over, there was a mass exodus of players; I think it's reasonable to expect a number of transfers this time around as well.

The exodus of so many GRob's players after F HCDM's hire is precisely why so few will do the same after HCSS's promotion. There was a huge philosophical shift in the former case, and none in the latter.

By my count were at 20 recruits (unless Mitsuushi is only a walk-on).

65 returning players + 20 recruits = 85.

Could mean there are a few current players leaving.

Could mean that not all of our commits will sign on Feb 6, or even qualify.

It's a good problem to have.

Where have you gone Cecil the Deisel?

PS shows 21 including Batten and both Brown and Edwards.

Don't count Barrett, since he was technically on the team last year (for a week anyways).

Either way, we're at 85 as of right now.

New York State Final rankings...
http://recruiting.At their request,...g blocked from this site./3/2013_NewYork.html​
"New York's Team" has one confirmed NY recruit in 2013.​

Don't count Barrett, since he was technically on the team last year (for a week anyways).

Either way, we're at 85 as of right now.
And one would think we would be happy to take any or all of the 5 players visiting this weekend, plus Smith, Singleton and Jones.

Aside from the 85 player limit, doesn't the NCAA cap how many players a team can sign in one class? 25? 27?

And one would think we would be happy to take any or all of the 5 players visiting this weekend, plus Smith, Singleton and Jones.

Aside from the 85 player limit, doesn't the NCAA cap how many players a team can sign in one class? 25? 27?
It's 25, but several of the early enrollees (not sure how many, I think 3) back fill 2012 slots.

The exodus of so many GRob's players after F HCDM's hire is precisely why so few will do the same after HCSS's promotion. There was a huge philosophical shift in the former case, and none in the latter.

That's if you believe they all left on their own.

Sent using my Commodore 64 on Tapatalk 5.3

It's 25, but several of the early enrollees (not sure how many, I think 3) back fill 2012 slots.

We used all the 2012 scholarships up. Every early enrollee counts towards 2013.

That's if you believe they all left on their own.

Not necessarily. Whether the players left voluntarily or not, the coaching change caused a different philosophical approach, talent eval, demands, etc. that seems to be a non-issue now. Surely a few will leave (like Max, apparently), but who is to say they wouldn't without the coaching turnover?

I just tend to trust that the coaches know the loopholes they are going to stash these kids in so that they follow the letter of the law if not the spirit of the law (ie. ACC & SEC teams that consistantly oversign).

We used all the 2012 scholarships up. Every early enrollee counts towards 2013.
I didn't realize we signed 25 last year. I thought it was more like 20 + Fundeburke and Raymond who transferred in. Also Hilliard never showed.

I didn't realize we signed 25 last year. I thought it was more like 20 + Fundeburke and Raymond who transferred in. Also Hilliard never showed.

Morgan, Funderburke, MPB, Whigham, Morris
DMF, Clark, Norton, Palmer, Coleman
Knapp, Emerich, Thompson, Cornelius, Lewis
Parris, Washington, Walls, Manley, Raymon
Jones, Ford*.

Jarrett and Anene were given scholarships in 2012.

Barrett was originally a 2012 scholarship, he's just taking his old slot back.

Well it is my opinion that something is going on because we are taking kids and recruiting more kids even though the current numbers say there is no more room. So more people are leaving or not signing with us.

Jones, Ford*.

Forgot Walls and Clark.

Jones, Ford*.

Okay so athletic grants in aid are renewed year to year so that means Anene and Jarrett don't have to be renewed and they were not signees.

Jones, Ford*.

Do transfers count against your 25 per year allotment?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom