Rotation | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Rotation

We subbed one guy the second half as Marek fouled out. One guess is to sub in the first half not the second much. Guerrier is the hopeful 6th man.

Still waiting for our high low scoring to keep developing, but that is the least of our worries.
Braswell might be the best option when one of our guards rests as he gives us a 3rd perimeter shooter.
Marek needs to shoot 70 elbow-block,+ FT's and kno 3's in warmups. Hes a 65% free throw shooter, and on a hot streak.

Last edited:
Im a big goodine fan but kid isnt ready. Looked way too shakey out there.

We subbed one guy the second half as Marek fouled out. One guess is to sub in the first half not the second much. Guerrier is the hopeful 6th man.

Still waiting for our high low scoring to keep developing, but that is the least of our worries.
Braswell might be the best option when one of our guards rests as he gives us a 3rd perimeter shooter.
Marek needs to shoot 70 elbow-block,+ FT's and kno 3's in warmups. Hes a 65% free throw shooter, and on a hot streak.
been my thought for awhile...won't happen...But swing Hughes back to thee "2" and get Braswell some minutes at forward.

Outside of Elijah Hughes on this roster nobody is a high 30 MPG player.

Our fanbase has been Stockholm Syndrome into thinking because in the past we have played a short rotation it’s no big deal. Basically right now under this idea our starters have to play the whole game we have no margin for error when they have off games.
We don’t develop bench options for when guys could struggle. Professional basketball players have problems with consistency yet our philosophy is if we don’t play these starters the whole game we are screwed.
It’s just frustrating when thought out. Teams in conference are going to be more athletic and our guys will have off games because we have no bench those games are lost.

Our starters will win us games but not having depth will cost us games.

We are 350th in bench minutes this year according to KP. Outside of 2012 this is right around where we usually end up in the 250 to 350 range. This year has been even more extreme than usual though.

Im a big goodine fan but kid isnt ready. Looked way too shakey out there.

Hey, I remember just last year we had a plucky young SG that seemed shakey, a one-dimensional type that couldn't hit a shot until after the New Year!! I said to myself, "Ghost, this kid is done - he's going to be glued to the bench all year! He can't hit a shot and that's all he's supposed to be good at!"

Alas, JB proved me wrong, he stuck with that kid, even on an experienced team, and played him in all but 2 games, and he ended up starting an NCAAT game!

JB doesn't care - there is no rule book! He'll get the youngsters the minutes they need to succeed!

this week syracuse has 3 players in the top 25 ACC minute per game. (EH at 1. BB at 6. MD at 12.)
by contrast the 4 ACC teams in the top 25 (lville, duke, uva and fla st.) have 5 players combined.
megaminutes and the ironman philosophy is not a strategy the better programs employ.

. . .
megaminutes and the ironman philosophy is not a strategy the better programs employ.
True, but better programs have reserves better than Goodine, Braswell, Washington and Edwards. It is apples and oranges.

True, but better programs have reserves better than Goodine, Braswell, Washington and Edwards. It is apples and oranges.
We have a full roster of scholarship players how are the reserves so poor they can’t even play against North Florida?

When the starters struggle how we can expect to even compete. This strategy is just baffling. The talent playing all these minutes aren’t superstars.

Better programs have reserves that may be better than some of our starters...so, let's roll with some bench players for a minute or two! :)

this week syracuse has 3 players in the top 25 ACC minute per game. (EH at 1. BB at 6. MD at 12.)
by contrast the 4 ACC teams in the top 25 (lville, duke, uva and fla st.) have 5 players combined.
JG3 has a good chance to crack that list at some point.

Better programs have reserves that may be better than some of our starters...so, let's roll with some bench players for a minute or two! :)
I really can’t figure out if you are CousCuseing us or if these are real takes?

The Italy trip was a waste of time IMO. We got nothing out of it. We were still experimenting with Carey at PG. if the plan was to play Girard at point we should have started it there.
I doubt seriously that the plan was anything but to start Carey and give Goodine court time as well. Girard was never meant to play PG with those two ahead of him.

The Virginia game really screwed this season up. This can’t be said enough. Virginia’s defense has always been elite but this year it’s just even more brutal.

Carey struggled against a defense that is stupid good.
I like Girard and know he is going to be a good 4 year player. If Carey doesn’t struggle and it sound alarm bells within the fanbase and cause the angst it did then we have a solid 3 guard rotation in Carey/Girard/Boeheim.

Now without Carey JB isn’t sitting Girard/Boeheim which is just stupid that with this roster we can’t play in his mind without them on the court.

The Virginia game really screwed this season up. This can’t be said enough. Virginia’s defense has always been elite but this year it’s just even more brutal.

Carey struggled against a defense that is stupid good.
I like Girard and know he is going to be a good 4 year player. If Carey doesn’t struggle and it sound alarm bells within the fanbase and cause the angst it did then we have a solid 3 guard rotation in Carey/Girard/Boeheim.

Now without Carey JB isn’t sitting Girard/Boeheim which is just stupid that with this roster we can’t play in his mind without them on the court.
I honestly think with this roster that JB isn't comfortable having a reserve in at guard if there's already a reserve playing in the front court. It's as simple as that.

I really can’t figure out if you are CousCuseing us or if these are real takes?

I drift in and out depending upon my sadness.

I'm always for using the bench a bit more when we have pedestrian pieces in place at the spots in front of the reserves. This team though, this team confounds me more than most.

You were talking about the Italy trip.

And they practiced before it and during enough that Girard was still the 3rd option at the start of the season. I think maybe they held on too long to hope that Carey had it?

I drift in and out depending upon my sadness.

I'm always for using the bench a bit more when we have pedestrian pieces in place at the spots in front of the reserves. This team though, this team confounds me more than most.
It wasn’t a negative as Cous is a treasure. He clearly trolls to bring life and it’s never annoying it’s more laughable.
I didn’t know if you were joking or not.
Thanks no issue anyway. I enjoy when people give their opinions and aren’t fanboys first.

with this roster ? it's business as usual for JB. every year. it's his MO . he's said "kids can play 40 "
Trevor Cooney averaged 37 minutes a game his last 2 seasons. among the top in the nation. great player ?

Last edited:
Washington hurt his knee in practice and couldn’t go.

Boeheim said didn’t want to play Edwards because of matchups: he needed to be able to cover the corners last night because all UNF did was shoot 3s.

Goodine...seems he’s out of the rotation, period. For now at least.

Is there anything better than having a center run wins sprints to the corner to eliminate himself completely from a rebounding chance?

I want a game where all starters play 40mpg. Could you imagine?

It’s up to sidibe to look functional and marek to stay out of foul trouble. Both impossible tasks for extended time but wow imagine the possibility. Game would have to be close which should be the easiest part given the team we have.

I want the starters ALL to play 40. I’m rooting for it now!

joe G will no doubt be joining the club soon. he sat out a bit some of the earlier contests. but i have full confidence we'll end up with 4 in the top 25 ( and 3 in the top 10) . not just in league but perhaps NCAA.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SyraFreed

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom