Rothstein on Kadary! | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Rothstein on Kadary!

Tell me, what track record did Girard have when he started playing 35+ minutes a game?

This is a stupid discussion. Annually, we rank as a program that plays among the fewest bench minutes. Annually, we always have a player or two towards the top of the mpg ranking. That's not a little bit curious? That's not a trend to note? Our bench guys always make that many mistakes to not merit minutes relative to our starters? It's not a little bit weird that we never seem to have anyone ready? If our starters are always that awesome of late, wouldn't we have won more games playing them so much?

Again, JB is a genius but this is an area where he's poor relative to his peers. We have literal decades of observations to compare to national data sets.
If Girard is fantastic in practice it warrants a longer leash in games. I can only assume JG3 and Goodine weren’t equal in JBs eyes

If Girard is fantastic in practice it warrants a longer leash in games. I can only assume JG3 and Goodine weren’t equal in JBs eyes

I think it’s as simple as 1) Girard is a PG. 2) Girard can shoot.

Goodine was clearly not a PG last year and never shot it well. Teams were leaving him.

Now should the minute differential have been THAT big? Probably not. Especially considering BG was clearly a better defender. But the offense would’ve really had to make a big leap to warrant many more minutes. We played 4 on 5 for too many years.

No - based on what he brought in games and others on here put their two cents into. You are just a contrarian peach aren't you?
Well here is another contrarian because I saw nothing that made me think he deserved more.

Well here is another contrarian because I saw nothing that made me think he deserved more.

I responded to two of your posts where you mis represented what I said either by not reading it or who knows why and instead of responding to those you pluck out one from a few months ago that wasn't even directed to you? I don't even know where to begin with that. What a weird choice and response. Wow.

I think it’s as simple as 1) Girard is a PG. 2) Girard can shoot.

Goodine was clearly not a PG last year and never shot it well. Teams were leaving him.

Now should the minute differential have been THAT big? Probably not. Especially considering BG was clearly a better defender. But the offense would’ve really had to make a big leap to warrant many more minutes. We played 4 on 5 for too many years.
Joe took so many bad shots and threw the ball away far too often to not warrant the occasional sit down.

I responded to two of your posts where you mis represented what I said either by not reading it or who knows why and instead of responding to those you pluck out one from a few months ago that wasn't even directed to you? I don't even know where to begin with that. What a weird choice and response. Wow.
I respond to posts when I read them. Or are you saying your post have a time limit, good to know.

As to your statements of misrepresentation, I have not commented on anything else you have posted in the thread. So exactly where and how long ago are you getting that from?

Last edited:
I respond to posts when I read them. Or are you saying your post have a time limit, good to know.

So you read an old post that didn't respond to you before a post more recent that did respond to you?? You make no sense.

You also embedded yourself into the context of a separate conversation that also had context related to other conversations. Thus it was a very odd choice and response. Hence my response. You do appear to have a habit of placing words and thoughts onto others where they never existed. It just confuses and doesn't help.

So you read an old post that didn't respond to you before a post more recent that did respond to you?? You make no sense.

You also embedded yourself into the context of a separate conversation that also had context related to other conversations. Thus it was a very odd choice and response. Hence my response. You do appear to have a habit of placing words and thoughts onto others where they never existed. It just confuses and doesn't help.

I can find nothing else I posted in this thread, which means you are confused or something else. Either way your comments do not make much sense. My post merely stated I agreed with the poster you denigrated as a contrarian. I guess it upsets you when you are not agreed with. Please put me on ignore which is what I am now doing with you.

I can find nothing else I posted in this thread, which means you are confused or something else. Either way your comments do not make much sense. My post merely stated I agreed with the poster you denigrated as a contrarian. I guess it upsets you when you are not agreed with. Please put me on ignore which is what I am now doing with you.

Sweet. I love disagreement it makes good debate. It was the same topic in another thread I guess then. You take care and think what you will good sir. I will make my own decisions on who I ignore but appreciate the recommendation. You validated my entire point with that sentence.

Have a great day.

Actually I do not like posters saying untruths and since I only made one post before he went off everything he said was hogwash.

It was this thread :

And the same topic. You decided to spin your own narrative on my responses. Since we are going to circulate old posts and play that game.

Anyways. We are going to get a good look at Kadary soon and Brycen soon enough. I think Brycen will do very well and turn some heads.
Honestly i think this will be the best for all 4 parties

Honestly i think this will be the best for all 4 parties

Yes but we got lucky. I'm sure there were other guys out there but Goodine leaving left a huge hole so grabbing such a talent late in the game was definitely a huge gift considering we haven't faired well on the luck side of late.

Yes but we got lucky. I'm sure there were other guys out there but Goodine leaving left a huge hole so grabbing such a talent late in the game was definitely a huge gift considering we haven't faired well on the luck side of late.
Kadary signed in the early period - he was already locked in

Kadary signed in the early period - he was already locked in

Correct. I should have phrased it differently. Richmond didn't chase Goodine away that I am aware. Kadary saved our behinds getting him when we did. Without him and Brycen leaving we possibly could have had to take a flyer on another Howard Washington type ( I liked Howard for the record but still he was limited and a low ceiling).

Joe took so many bad shots and threw the ball away far too often to not warrant the occasional sit down.
You need to understand what you are talking about with Joe G.

Hughes averaged about 1/2 turnover more per game than Joe, who had the ball in his hands to start the offense most of the time.

Girard had a great, not good, but great, freshman year.

No guards who sat behind him deserved to play instead of him. They left because Joe was better.

Hughes averaged about 1/2 turnover more per game than Joe, who had the ball in his hands to start the offense most of the time.

No guards who sat behind him deserved to play instead of him. They left because Joe was better.
Joe is a player. He will find a way to contribute and be valuable. We have a solid rotation at guard, forward and center this year. To me, this looks like one of the most complete teams we have had in a few years.

Come on. We all saw that when the opposing team had a decent defender on Joe, Elijah was tasked with bringing the ball up.

Joe is a good player who is fun to watch. But he made bad decisions at times. Shots, passes, gambles on steals he didn’t cone close to getting. I’m hoping he erases many of those from his arsenal this year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom