Rothstein on Kadary! | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Rothstein on Kadary!

Kadary doesn't take Joe's minutes. Buddy takes Joe's minutes while Kadary gets minutes. No one takes Buddy's minutes.
As was similarly said about Dean Smith’s ability to limit Micheal Jordan, the only person taking away Buddy’s minutes is the one and only JAB.

Last edited:
If he’s as good as advertised this is where I wish we played man. I would play all the perimeter guys and Dolemite in small doses. It would be unstoppable offensively. Personally, I think we should try it anyway playing zone.

Kadary doesn't take Joe's minutes. Buddy takes Joe's minutes while Kadary gets minutes. No one takes Buddy's minutes.
F2B43E9A-6144-4226-9F87-D52D290C1313.jpeg

If he’s as good as advertised this is where I wish we played man. I would play all the perimeter guys and Dolemite in small doses. It would be unstoppable offensively. Personally, I think we should try it anyway playing zone.

If the hype is real we should have several guys who are major issues to defend mtm as well.

If Kadary is decent at the back of the 2-3, I think will see some situations with Kadary, Buddy, and Joe on the floor at the same time.

As some of us have said for a while now, Kadary is going to get minutes at PG
even if he's nominally the small forward . . . just like eli

even if he's nominally the small forward . . . just like eli
I have read some of the evaluators refer to him as a point forward. His HS coach emphatically refers to him as a PG. I don't really care. What is important is that he is a creator, distributor and penetrator when he is on the floor. I don't really think we have anyone else that does any of those 3.

I do find it interesting that JB refers to him as a PG and a G, yet the SU website lists him as a forward on the roster.

I hear you. To me, Eli was more of a true 2 guard playing the 3. kadary is a true PG
i'd say more of a combo guard, as he was the guy initiating the offense on nearly half the possessions

he was certainly the de facto back up pg

I read the Athletic article, too. I’ve been extremely bullish on Kadary based on how well he played for Brewster, especially at the end of the season. And glad to see that JB agrees. I don’t think JB spoke as positively about Jalen Carey in the preseason two years ago (he mostly lamented Frank’s injury and worried how it would set us back). It was assistants and/or unnamed sources talking about Carey and they mostly commented on how fast he was and how good he was at attacking the basket. There was lots of caution about his raw PG skills, which turned out to be spot on. JB saying this publicly about Kadary really changes the game because now he’s had a chance to see him in action in person. It reminds me a bit of the spring and summer Lydon hype a few years ago.

i think we may be surprised. it's in jb's interests to make buddy look good; that doesn't necessarily mean giving him all the minutes (and he knows that better than anyone in the forum)

i think we may be surprised. it's in jb's interests to make buddy look good; that doesn't necessarily mean giving him all the minutes (and he knows that better than anyone in the forum)

From your fingertips...

the whole Buddy/JG playing time thing is so overblown.

Unlike, oh I don’t know, EVERY POSTER HERE - JB saw those guys everyday last year. The thought that Goodine “never got a fair shot” when JB saw him practice everyday is ridiculous. Go back to JBs pressers from like February, he even mentions Goodine is “practicing better” which clearly means he was struggling for a while. JB has short rotations because he wants the best guys to play.

If Kadary is as good as JB and others have said, there is absolutely no way he gets “Goodine/HoWash minutes”.

I love the people who watch a high school video of Goodine and watch him play 5 minutes against BC and think they know more than JB does.

I absolutely do not think JB wanted Buddy/JG3 to play the minutes they did last year. But he saw no other option. There is no way he was benching players who could legitimately help us just to get Buddy 40 minutes a game. Hell, he didn’t take Jimmy here did he? He only took Buddy because he knew he could play at this level. If he was only concerned about his sons Jimmy would have came here too. They didn’t think Goodine could contribute last year; it appears they think Kadary can

the whole Buddy/JG playing time thing is so overblown.

Unlike, oh I don’t know, EVERY POSTER HERE - JB saw those guys everyday last year. The thought that Goodine “never got a fair shot” when JB saw him practice everyday is ridiculous. Go back to JBs pressers from like February, he even mentions Goodine is “practicing better” which clearly means he was struggling for a while. JB has short rotations because he wants the best guys to play.

If Kadary is as good as JB and others have said, there is absolutely no way he gets “Goodine/HoWash minutes”.

I love the people who watch a high school video of Goodine and watch him play 5 minutes against BC and think they know more than JB does.

I absolutely do not think JB wanted Buddy/JG3 to play the minutes they did last year. But he saw no other option. There is no way he was benching players who could legitimately help us just to get Buddy 40 minutes a game. Hell, he didn’t take Jimmy here did he? He only took Buddy because he knew he could play at this level. If he was only concerned about his sons Jimmy would have came here too. They didn’t think Goodine could contribute last year; it appears they think Kadary can
This all sounds reasonable, until you get to the "he saw no other option" part of this.

JB rarely sees other options sitting on his bench. He rides his main horses. When he has no choice but to put a bench guy in, he's visibly agitated, and at the first sign of trouble, throws the main horse back in. It's hilarious watching him. As soon as the other team makes a basket he's calling for his starter.

He's a basketball genius, but bench minutes break his brain. We know this from pressers. I remember a game when Cooney came out for a little bit. It was a short breather, they asked him why he didn't give him more rest, he said we weren't playing well and needed him back in. We had increased our lead by like 4 or something in reality.

This all sounds reasonable, until you get to the "he saw no other option" part of this.

JB rarely sees other options sitting on his bench. He rides his main horses. When he has no choice but to put a bench guy in, he's visibly agitated, and at the first sign of trouble, throws the main horse back in. It's hilarious watching him. As soon as the other team makes a basket he's calling for his starter.

He's a basketball genius, but bench minutes break his brain. We know this from pressers. I remember a game when Cooney came out for a little bit. It was a short breather, they asked him why he didn't give him more rest, he said we weren't playing well and needed him back in. We had increased our lead by like 4 or something in reality.
Did the bench player miss a few rotations? Fail to cover a shooter? Was he not where he was supposed to be on offense spacing wise but we still scored anyway?

there is things that we may not see that JB does

Did the bench player miss a few rotations? Fail to cover a shooter? Was he not where he was supposed to be on offense spacing wise but we still scored anyway?

there is things that we may not see that JB does
Oh they certainly make mistakes.

As do the starters.

JB is comfortable with his starters making mistakes.

Oh they certainly make mistakes.

As do the starters.

JB is comfortable with his starters making mistakes.
The track record is there for them.

What if that bench player kept making the same mistake in practice and then got into the game and did the same thing right away? Would you be ok with JB pulling him then?

The track record is there for them.

What if that bench player kept making the same mistake in practice and then got into the game and did the same thing right away? Would you be ok with JB pulling him then?
Tell me, what track record did Girard have when he started playing 35+ minutes a game?

This is a stupid discussion. Annually, we rank as a program that plays among the fewest bench minutes. Annually, we always have a player or two towards the top of the mpg ranking. That's not a little bit curious? That's not a trend to note? Our bench guys always make that many mistakes to not merit minutes relative to our starters? It's not a little bit weird that we never seem to have anyone ready? If our starters are always that awesome of late, wouldn't we have won more games playing them so much?

Again, JB is a genius but this is an area where he's poor relative to his peers. We have literal decades of observations to compare to national data sets.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom