Rothstein on Kadary! | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Rothstein on Kadary!

probably Looking too deep into this but Marek's facial expression when he talks about Kadary is one of a pleasant surprise mixed with a "you guys dont even know" type of thing
Kadary is going to be a potent weapon for us on a team that's already going to be significantly better than last year's team. Newcomers don't get that kind of hype unless they're really showing it every day in practice.

My read right now is that this year's team is gonna be the kind of team that Boeheim can make some noise with. I won't be surprised to see them battling it out in the Top Tier of the ACC. A return to defensive intensity and the best 3pt shooting team overall that Jim's probably ever fielded...

Because we shifted to recruiting him late, and he committed very quickly. Came together fast after Andre Jackson.
Gotcha, I’m surprised we weren’t on him harder before though. Is it because he was a strong lean somewhere? Or just that they liked Andre Jackson better?

For all the hype that surrounded Terrance Clarke (and rightfully so) Kadary went at him toe to toe daily at Brewster. Excited to see him play. Let's all hope we have a season!

And Kadary was the one Brewster looked to at season end when they were winning titles. It is better to be lucky than good sometimes and in the case of recruiting and Kadary we hopefully make that true.

May be able to play a 4 guard like lineup at times this year. JG, KR, BB, AG, C..would get killed on boards but fun to watch on O. We will be very multiple this year and ride the hot hand. Should be a fun year from the guard position.

May be able to play a 4 guard like lineup at times this year. JG, KR, BB, AG, C..would get killed on boards but fun to watch on O. We will be very multiple this year and ride the hot hand. Should be a fun year from the guard position.
That would be a high scoring lineup. But I don’t see it, except against much smaller teams. We need to improve considerably on defense, which means we need as much size and length out there as we can get for interior defense and rim protection.

That would be a high scoring lineup. But I don’t see it, except against much smaller teams. We need to improve considerably on defense, which means we need as much size and length out there as we can get for interior defense and rim protection.

to improve on defense Buddy and Joe cannot play together for 38 minutes.

While I agree, I wonder how often we may see JG, Buddy, Kadary, and Griffin splitting the 1-3 spots, while QG, Marek, and Sidibe split the 4/5 spots.

Something like JG, Buddy, Kadary, QG, and Marek could be potent offensively and big enough to rebound against some teams, at least for stretches.

to improve on defense Buddy and Joe cannot play together for 38 minutes.
only if one assumes that they are both finished products on that end of the floor

only if one assumes that they are both finished products on that end of the floor

With Buddy the effort is there he's just too slow. Joe is more physically gifted but lazy. With JB not punishing Joe for this last year I don't see his incentive to change. Hope JB give Kadary a chance to shake Joe up.

With Buddy the effort is there he's just too slow. Joe is more physically gifted but lazy. With JB not punishing Joe for this last year I don't see his incentive to change. Hope JB give Kadary a chance to shake Joe up.
anticipation > speed
jb's schemes reward smarts & experience over mere atheticism. that's how guys like scoop & cooney became solid zone defenders & how andy grew into the best top of the zone defender we've ever had

but yes, as you point out, laziness will undermine both the quickest & the smartest

anticipation > speed
jb's schemes reward smarts & experience over mere atheticism. that's how guys like scoop & cooney became solid zone defenders & how andy grew into the best top of the zone defender we've ever had

but yes, as you point out, laziness will undermine both the quickest & the smartest

Yes. And going way back to when we first became known for the zone, Sims and Janulis weren’t the quickest either. Cipolla either.

Agreed, that anticipation allows guys to play faster.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom