Rothstein on Kadary! | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Rothstein on Kadary!

Come on. We all saw that when the opposing team had a decent defender on Joe, Elijah was tasked with bringing the ball up.

Joe is a good player who is fun to watch. But he made bad decisions at times. Shots, passes, gambles on steals he didn’t cone close to getting. I’m hoping he erases many of those from his arsenal this year.
Yep, and also a freshman playing at the highest level of D1 hoops in the ACC. Lots of room for growth and improved decision making, and he seems like a pretty sharp guy. I'm starting to get that feeling again...

Actually I do not like posters saying untruths and since I only made one post before he went off everything he said was hogwash.
Where you decide the truths, correct? That’s actually called opinion. Something we are entitled to, even if yours is pretty consistently incorrect.

Where you decide the truths, correct? That’s actually called opinion. Something we are entitled to, even if yours is pretty consistently incorrect.
Apparently you have trouble with logic, If I have made only one post and he is complaining about other posts I have made then logically that is an untruth, whether he is mistaken or lying, it is still an untruth.
I may at times be incorrect, but at least I am logical, unlike you.

Last edited:
Correct. I should have phrased it differently. Richmond didn't chase Goodine away that I am aware. Kadary saved our behinds getting him when we did. Without him and Brycen leaving we possibly could have had to take a flyer on another Howard Washington type ( I liked Howard for the record but still he was limited and a low ceiling).
I think Richmond did chase Goodine away actually, along with Girard being in front of him. The buzz on Kadary started last fall after he signed with Cuse. One recruiting guru said he had a chance to be a 5 star. Goodine probably heard how Richmond was performing in the NEPSAC, since BG’s St Andrews high school coach is Mike Hart, who competed against Brewster in the league. Plus, Girard had solidified the starting PG role, so he was facing that battle again, plus trying to find time behind Buddy at SG. I think Goodine had a chance to carve out time as an improving sophomore, but with Kadary coming in, I think he knew the challenge would be that much harder. Kadary, fwiw, finished as first team all NEPSAC. The kid is legit and will make an immediate impact.

I think Richmond did chase Goodine away actually, along with Girard being in front of him. The buzz on Kadary started last fall after he signed with Cuse. One recruiting guru said he had a chance to be a 5 star. Goodine probably heard how Richmond was performing in the NEPSAC, since BG’s St Andrews high school coach is Mike Hart, who competed against Brewster in the league. Plus, Girard had solidified the starting PG role, so he was facing that battle again, plus trying to find time behind Buddy at SG. I think Goodine had a chance to carve out time as an improving sophomore, but with Kadary coming in, I think he knew the challenge would be that much harder. Kadary, fwiw, finished as first team all NEPSAC. The kid is legit and will make an immediate impact.

That all certainly could have played a role. I think he had a really good relationship with PC too so factor that into providing a very sizeable impact. It took him very little time to go from Txfr to decision. In today's game, freshman play a lot. So being a talented kid who had options close to home and didn't get the opportunity he thought he would I think Richmond certainly could have played a role but I think much smaller than the other factors.

Just my personal view.

Who else is excited to see this young man play? I know there's always hype and talk about incoming recruits but It seems like JB and others are very high on Kadary. Can't wait to watch this kid ball!

This is the single biggest development of the off season, IMO. JB proclaiming that Kadary "is a point guard, 100 percent" will make this offense much more dynamic and difficult to defend. Mostly because we have no one else with his skill set (some of us have been saying this from before he committed), and secondly because his skills will make it much more difficult for defenses to take our shooters away. I think we are going to see situations where Buddy, Joe and Kadary will be on the floor at the same time.

This is the single biggest development of the off season, IMO. JB proclaiming that Kadary "is a point guard, 100 percent" will make this offense much more dynamic and difficult to defend. Mostly because we have no one else with his skill set (some of us have been saying this from before he committed), and secondly because his skills will make it much more difficult for defenses to take our shooters away. I think we are going to see situations where Buddy, Joe and Kadary will be on the floor at the same time.
I definitely think Kadary can play the 3 on D. I think he’ll be the primary back up to Buddy, Joe, and Griffin - which should net him at least 20mpg

I think we will see some of this too...obviously it will be situational but with Kadary creating and the floor space/shooters that he will have available it could be deadly at times.

I definitely think Kadary can play the 3 on D. I think he’ll be the primary back up to Buddy, Joe, and Griffin - which should net him at least 20mpg
I have no idea how the playing time will play out at this point. I definitely think that his minutes will evolve based on his effectiveness, or lack thereof when he is on the floor. I think it will be obvious to most, once they see him play at this level, that Kadary has a skill set that is "unique" relative to what the others on the current roster bring to the court. What I would bet at this point is that whenever Kadary is on the floor, he will be playing PG.

Did he decommit? Is he opening up his recruiting? I thought Syracuse was his dream school!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom