Rothstein on Kadary! | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Rothstein on Kadary!

this post is to supply lurking boneryarders with something to share on the boneryard

SYRACUSE GOT THE BETTER PLAYER IN KADARY I DIDN'T REALLY EVEN WANT ANDRE HE'LL PROBABLY END UP BEING INJURY PRONE OR A HEADCASE ANYWAY HURLEY CANT RECRUIT

you're welcome

Probably got paid too, imo.

Thanks. Now that you say that, I do remember seeing that. Getting old, I guess.
South Alabama should be a decent fit skill wise. Nice suburban campus but definitely two steps below SU academically.

its going to be interesting to follow these guys and see how it plays out.

That’s why we wanted Andre. Kadary is a guard. It wasn’t an either/or thing. We might have taken both if we had landed Andre.

That’s why we wanted Andre. Kadary is a guard. It wasn’t an either/or thing. We might have taken both if we had landed Andre.

No. That’s revisionist history.

Kadary was a strong UConn lean for a while, much like Andre was for Cuse.
Once Andre chose Storz, Kadary dumped them and was quickly all-in on SU.

There is no alternate universe where we get both of them.
And in this ACTUAL universe, we got both Kadary AND Griffin. :cool:

Probably got paid too, imo.
I'm fairly new here and don't comment very often. But, when I see comments like this, it seems like they are made out of jealousy or delusion. Or maybe I just don't understand the disdain between 2 schools that rarely ever play each other anymore. The rivalry died when they got left behind. Personally, Duke and UNC make better targets now.

I'm fairly new here and don't comment very often. But, when I see comments like this, it seems like they are made out of jealousy or delusion. Or maybe I just don't understand the disdain between 2 schools that rarely ever play each other anymore. The rivalry died when they got left behind. Personally, Duke and UNC make better targets now.

It was a joke. I made the post in the context of pearl’s comment about giving folks on the boneyard something to share with each other and get themselves riled up. There’s a not-insignificant number of Uconn fans who lurk here/make sock puppet accounts and share what what we post here over there.

But yes I do have an irrational disdain of all things Uconn.

BTW post more.

Their coach is a dork, and so are most of their fans. They are always fair game.

It was a joke. I made the post in the context of pearl’s comment about giving folks on the boneyard something to share with each other and get themselves riled up. There’s a not-insignificant number of Uconn fans who lurk here/make sock puppet accounts and share what what we post here over there.

But yes I do have an irrational disdain of all things Uconn.

BTW post more.
Thanks, I'll do that.

the rivalry will never die on this forum, as it essentially is a subsidiary of the boneyard.

and the bonetards, despite both that reality & their quarter century run of basketball excellence, retain a genuine inferiority complex vis a vis syracuse

the rivalry will never die on this forum, as it essentially is a subsidiary of the boneyard.

and the bonetards, despite both that reality & their quarter century run of basketball excellence, retain a genuine inferiority complex vis a vis syracuse

Given that their School, athletic program, basketball program, arena etc are genuinely inferior, the inferiority complex is not without merit.

Given that their School, athletic program, basketball program, arena etc are genuinely inferior, the inferiority complex is not without merit.
Nailed it

Rothstein is tight with Hurley. Has been that way for a decade. He is going to hype his guys up no matter what. I wouldn't read too much into what he says.

and yet this entire thread began with the same dude hyping up our guy. should we believe it when he hypes up our kid but not uconns?

and yet this entire thread began with the same dude hyping up our guy. should we believe it when he hypes up our kid but not uconns?
Yeah, preseason hype generally needs to be taken with a grain of salt -- for us or anyone else. Happy to see the optimism surrounding Kadary but we need to let it play out.

Having said that, I do think recruiting in the current state of college basketball needs to be about an ability to pivot quickly. Kids going to the G League, leaving early, transferring by the hundreds, seemingly greater number of transfer waivers, reclassifications, etc. It also feels like, anecdotally, that there are just more teams that are in play for top kids, which may be a function of many kids feeling like they'll only be at a school for 7-19 months. Not sure that's true but Alabama, Seton Hall, Connecticut (with the Big East tie), Miami ... just a lot of schools other than Duke/UNC/L'ville/Kentucky to deal with.

I know we're excited about the Dior class and getting back to landing top 50 kids, but I give the staff credit for being nimble enough to pivot to Kadary, work quickly on Griffen and uncover a solid option like Marek or maybe Braswell (if he gets a shot -- feel like he could be a solid player). Unless you're a true blue blood, it feels like this may just be part of the process now.

It is a joke how hyperbolic he is with everyone.

I was simply stating his relationship with Hurley makes him that much less reputable to share opinions on his players specifically.

Andre's younger brother was part of the deal to go to UConn l read somewhere.

Hope kadary can be the man in 2022 to take the sting out of you know what‘s not happening.

When Andre committed to UConn and was asked why he chose the Huskies he mentioned his younger brother as one of the reasons and said it was a deal he couldn't refuse......time will tell if this is true or not.

When Andre committed to UConn and was asked why he chose the Huskies he mentioned his younger brother as one of the reasons and said it was a deal he couldn't refuse...time will tell if this is true or not.
The rumor was Hurley promised his younger brother a scholarship if Andre went to UConn

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom