Round 1 NCAA - Friday | Syracusefan.com

Round 1 NCAA - Friday

jncuse

I brought the Cocaine to the White House
Hope to be able to spend more time at home in the afternoon tomorrow.

Here are some lines.

upload_2017-3-17_0-30-1.png

upload_2017-3-17_0-30-41.png

I thought it was the boringest if that is even a word by far 1st round of games over ever seen

I thought it was the boringest if that is even a word by far 1st round of games over ever seen
Agreed. The only real exciting game was the first one, ND/Princeton. No true upsets either because I don't count X or MTSU winning as upsets

Agreed. The only real exciting game was the first one, ND/Princeton. No true upsets either because I don't count X or MTSU winning as upsets

Nor did Vegas really. MTSU was the favorite and Xavier was only +2

boring
[bawr-ing, bohr-]
adjective
1. causing or marked by boredom: a boring discussion; to have a boring time.

I love Michigan -2.

They are hot as fire and Oklahoma State is mediocre.

I love Michigan -2.

They are hot as fire and Oklahoma State is mediocre.
What do you think of RI beating Creighton? I think that's going to happen.

In my bracket I picked URI. I think Creighton as a 6 seed was too high since they lost their PG.

Very possible. I also was convinced Nevada was gonna get the upset yesterday too though lol.

I am not seeing any upset potential today (URI, OK St and K St don't really count).

Maaaaaaaybe I could see Baylor choking. And it wouldn't surprise me if L'ville struggles in the 1st half. Other than that, more chalk and any lower seeds that win won't be surprises.

I like Oklahoma St over Michigan at +130.

I think Michigan is overvalued based on recent run... they may also be running out of energy a bit. Last week was a really long week for them.

Oregon St is a bit of mystery today and over the next two weeks. I see their loss of Boucher similar to our loss of Onauku. They have a solution for the starting lineup but it really hurts the rotation.

This game is great - Michigan v Oklahoma State! These teams could really do well in a Division 3 tourney. How are we not in this tourney? :(

Oregon St is a bit of mystery today and over the next two weeks. I see their loss of Boucher similar to our loss of Onauku. They have a solution for the starting lineup but it really hurts the rotation.

Oregon State? :)

Could the miniature white kid on Oklahoma State carry the ball more that possession?

Forte reminds me of Cooney.

Oklahoma State is coaching circles around Beilen. They keep switching between the Syracuse 2-3 and m2m defense. That is confusing the heck out of Michigan's halfcourt offense and their offensive sets.

Bill Raftery does a good job of masking his biases.
However man it is clear watching this game he is rooting for Michigan.

I am not seeing any upset potential today (URI, OK St and K St don't really count).

Maaaaaaaybe I could see Baylor choking. And it wouldn't surprise me if L'ville struggles in the 1st half. Other than that, more chalk and any lower seeds that win won't be surprises.
Not that I expect it to happen, but it wouldn't shock me to see Kent State over UCLA. I think the MAC is better than people think, Kent State looked good in their conference championship win over Akron (who just won at Houston in the NIT), and Alford has a history of losing in the first round to a 14 seed (Northwestern State over Iowa). Not to mention Ball hurt his hand in the Pac12 tourney and his overbearing father could be a distraction.

Can't stand Michigan. Hate the way they play.

They try to take a charge on every defensive play (see Robinson, Donnal, Walton)
They pump fake and jump into the defender (see Walton Jr.)
They kick their legs out on jump shots (see Zak Irvin)

Garbage basketball.

Can't stand Michigan. Hate the way they play.

They try to take a charge on every defensive play (see Robinson, Donnal, Walton)
They pump fake and jump into the defender (see Walton Jr.)
They kick their legs out on jump shots (see Zak Irvin)

Garbage basketball.

Won't disagree. It's a cynical style.