Round 1 NCAA - Friday | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Round 1 NCAA - Friday

this is the lamest, most boring ncaa 1st round I can remember

It wasn't the most exciting but I mentioned earlier it will make today and tomorrow better and more competitive with the higher seeds winning hopefully.

reminds me of the 2000, the one year that a 12 didn't beat a 5.

To be fair that only includes two tournaments. They were under suspension for one, and got jobbed and left out in the other.

I did expect a little more out of them/
It does, and they did get screwed that one year. But all I hear is how they get disrespected - what have exactly have they done? THeir best OOC win this year was Pitt. Other than that they lost to Michigna, Boise State, USC (twice). THey just beat up on an awful conference.

Hell, even last year they beat Colorado (ended up a 9 seed I believe) and Michigan.

The best team outside of the American that they've beaten the last 2 years was Colorado by 4.

People harp on their "positionless basketball" which is cute vs. Tulane - but in the tournament and good P5 competition you need a PG, or at least a big man, or a guy who can create his own shot.

Cincinnati has had trouble with them this year however, which I still don't quite get.

not saying the rest of the tourney doesn't have the potential to be good - for me the magic is in the first two days and this year didn't have any of that - pretty much all the games were blowouts by higher seeds

SMU losing killed me. I had them beating Duke in the round of 16.