Round 1 NCAA - Friday | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Round 1 NCAA - Friday

Go New Mexico State. Another Scott Drew NCAA fail in the works.

Baylor was definetely the 3 seed you wanted to see as a 14, 6/11 seeded team.

Did they deserve the #3 seed . Under the current "body of work" parameters, absolutely they did -- they had the best OOC resume of any team.

I agree with the "body of work" theory for bubble teams, but for seeding they need to re-analyze if they want to use a different approach.

Ha Baylor has started the choke. Let's hope they can complete it.

Anybody watch the FGCU/FSU game last night? Now that was a fun game. Monster dunks, crazy plays, lots of scoring.

If FGCU can keep their team together, they'll be very good again next year. They lose their front court but add Michigan and VCU transfers.

Baylor was definetely the 3 seed you wanted to see as a 14, 6/11 seeded team.

Did they deserve the #3 seed . Under the current "body of work" parameters, absolutely they did -- they had the best OOC resume of any team.

I agree with the "body of work" theory for bubble teams, but for seeding they need to re-analyze if they want to use a different approach.
Plenty of trash teams were over seeded. Baylor, Minnesota, Maryland, Vandy, Michigan st, VCU, Dayton etc

My wish is to one day have a point guard like Derrick Walton who stays here multiple years. Great player.

Evans just covered the point spread at the buzzer.

Hope the people who bet on Okie State thank him.
Wow that is a gut punch for Michigan -2 bettors.

Evans just covered the point spread at the buzzer.

Hope the people who bet on Okie State thank him.
Wow that is a gut punch for Michigan -2 bettors.

I went greedy and went for the money line. :bat:

Louisville is starting off this game shades of Michigan State last year.

I love Michigan -2.

They are hot as fire and Oklahoma State is mediocre.

Head-hands.jpg

sorry dude

He didn't make a play on the ball. That is by definition a flagrant foul as far as I know.

Why is SMU still good? Are they living off Larry brown recruits? Are they somehow gonna become a perennial tournament team?

He didn't make a play on the ball. That is by definition a flagrant foul as far as I know.
Was this kid going for the ball? Why didn't the refs call this a flagrant foul?

72f0b4ad22217e2ae6dbd58c3cdb4c94

There are countless other examples in basketball every day where the refs know not to call a flagrant because the players are trying to stop the clock and get possession when down late.

Why is SMU still good? Are they living off Larry brown recruits? Are they somehow gonna become a perennial tournament team?
Brown didn't leave the cupboard bare. He brought the coach now in from Illinois State 4 years ago. They had a JB/Hop situation for when Brown wanted to leave.
SMU can hit Texas recruits and be decent.

We need an upset, this tourney has been a bore, come out Jax st, do something we can't do.