Round 1 NCAA - Friday | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Round 1 NCAA - Friday

Was this kid going for the ball? Why didn't the refs call this a flagrant foul?

72f0b4ad22217e2ae6dbd58c3cdb4c94

There are countless other examples in basketball every day where the refs know not to call a flagrant because the players are trying to stop the clock and get possession when down late.

It's the tournament. Some of them want to be famous too!:noidea:

Derrick Walton Jr. is getting a lot of Shabazz Napier love right now.
I can't see Michigan winning it all.

SMU, what are you doing? Is the zone really this confusing?

Derrick Walton Jr. is getting a lot of Shabazz Napier love right now.
I can't see Michigan winning it all.

Ain't going to happen, but my god, what a shooting performance by that whole team in the second half.

If you shoot like that, out of this world good, and you can't take out Ok State with ease, you suck!! lol

The opening two days suckkkkkkkkk - I feel like 90% of these games are being decided by which team is less idiotic. :( That makes it less fun. You want to see teams seize the moment, it's just who falters less.

I really thought SMU was going to be content to just waste out the clock there.

Trojans advance! Kudos to them.

Might sound weird but it actually makes me feel better that they got in instead of SU. In a way.

That's a pretty good accomplishment to beat SMU for the second time in a row in essentially their backyard. 15th time this year USC has erased a double digit deficit.

LOL at Jason Hart running across the court celebrating after the buzzer while Tony Bland and the rest of USC's staff shared a group embrace.

We still should have been in ahead of them.

Probably but they are clearly more equipped to do damage. They can play D, McLaughlin is a very solid PG, Johnson can make shots, and Boatwright/Metu are future NBA PFs. Boatwright lottery at some point.

Trojans advance! Kudos to them.

Might sound weird but it actually makes me feel better that they got in instead of SU. In a way.

I'm definitely happy. They obviously have some ballers on their team.

Ugh. I picked SMU in my survivor pool. Also picked them in my bracket to make sweet sixteen given Baylor's recent tournament ineptitude. Double whammy. Should have known based on Syracuse last year and VCU a few years back that the teams that are controversial picks to make the tourney always end up going on a run.

I've said all year (and on this board) - I never understood the SMU love. They beat no one good except Cincinnati all year. THey are 6 6'6 guys who all do the same thing. They have no depth, no PG, no big man, no guy who can get a bucket on his own. Ojeyele is good, but none of the other guys will even sniff the NBA. Their coach got fired from Illinois State.

They were the product of a bad AAC. Ben Mooore, one of their core guys who is graduating after 4 years at SMU - will leave with 0 NCAA tournament wins.

Yeah - I'll pass on SMU and continue to do so

I've said all year (and on this board) - I never understood the SMU love. They beat no one good except Cincinnati all year. THey are 6 6'6 guys who all do the same thing. They have no depth, no PG, no big man, no guy who can get a bucket on his own. Ojeyele is good, but none of the other guys will even sniff the NBA. Their coach got fired from Illinois State.

They were the product of a bad AAC. Ben Mooore, one of their core guys who is graduating after 4 years at SMU - will leave with 0 NCAA tournament wins.

Yeah - I'll pass on SMU and continue to do so

You're being very vague. What do you think of SMU?