Round 1 NCAA - Friday | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Round 1 NCAA - Friday

giphy.gif

Props to you for the self-deprecating bump. I can always appreciate those who don't take themselves too seriously and can laugh at themselves.

How did we lose to these clowns last week?:bang:
I was just about to ask the same question. All we had to do was win against a team that is completely incompetent on offense. Michigan state isn't even very good and they are dismantling Miami.
Because the 2016-17 Syracuse Orangemen are not good at the basketball.

I thought Marquette would blow the Cocks out but they're surprising me. They seem to be playing better than they had over the last month or so.

Can't believe USC hasn't won a Tourney game since the 1970's. That's an impressive drought. And I'm a Buffalo Bills fan so I can recognize a soul-crushing drought when I see one.

I know everyone likes to whip on the B10, but they could go 5-2 in the first round... and that record is more relevant since they are all games that are close to "toss-ups",

In no way am I saying they are great... and they might have anybody move on after this weekend, but they did perform quite well the first few days.
Eh, their highest seed was a 4 in Purdue. Their next 2 highest 5-Minny & 6-MD both lost by double digits. Northwestern was gifted a win & Michigan won on the final posssesion. I know it's all about "Survive & Advance", but Purdue & Wiscy were hardly impressive. Like you said, they won their "toss ups" with soon-to-be three 8/9 games. My opinion of the B1G hasn't changed.

Kamari Murphy, Davon Reed, and that Vueskuisuiujic kid are all invisible tonight

Miami laid an egg against a team that had no business being in the tournament and would have missed it if not for the Izzo factor. No good wins to speak of. SMH.

How did we lose to these clowns last week?:bang:

Watching this tournament makes me feel less upset that we didn't get in. We lost to Miami cuz we absolutely stunk away from the dome. We were borderline embarrassing. I'm watching a lot of these 10 and 11 seeds and they're simply better than us. Sparty is a 9 but still they're destroying Miami. Marquette is going toe to toe with a team we lost badly to. Rhode Island played great. USC has won as many games away from home in this tourney as we did all year.

If we snuck in maybe we win a play in game but that's about it. We weren't making a run like last year. I fully expect to lose our first nit game away from the dome.

Miami laid an egg against a team that had no business being in the tournament and would have missed it if not for the Izzo factor. No good wins to speak of. SMH.
MSU was seeded exactly where they deserved to be seeded based on their resume.

Watching this tournament makes me feel less upset that we didn't get in. We lost to Miami cuz we absolutely stunk away from the dome. We were borderline embarrassing. I'm watching a lot of these 10 and 11 seeds and they're simply better than us. Sparty is a 9 but still they're destroying Miami. Marquette is going toe to toe with a team we lost badly to. Rhode Island played great. USC has won as many games away from home in this tourney as we did all year.

If we snuck in maybe we win a play in game but that's about it. We weren't making a run like last year. I fully expect to lose our first nit game away from the dome.

It's a one off game. One game doesn't mean that lower seeded teams are better than SU. If you don't show up, you get ran off the floor like Miami is. USCs and MSUs body of work doesn't justify their bid.

Props to you for the self-deprecating bump. I can always appreciate those who don't take themselves too seriously and can laugh at themselves.
Don't look now but it's a five point game!

52-47 UCLA 16:56

It's a one off game. One game doesn't mean that lower seeded teams are better than SU. If you don't show up, you get ran off the floor like Miami is. USCs and MSUs body of work doesn't justify their bid.

You can't tell me we definitely had a better resume than those teams. We lost to bad teams at home in non conference and were awful away from home.

Who would you have put in to replace USC and MSU?

this is the lamest, most boring ncaa 1st round I can remember

By far!!!!!! My god.

Of note:

Officiating - I've never seen so many missed travel calls! Every time I check in on a game someone is walking around with the basketball not getting called for a travel.

Chris Webber - Why does he have a job doing commentary? My god.

UCLA - They seemed to get a TON of calls. Ton.

Such an awful tourney thus far.