Rounding Out 2022 Coaching Staff | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Rounding Out 2022 Coaching Staff

I hope so or at least a quality WR Coach who will seriously upgrade that position for us through teaching our current crop of WR’s plus bringing in new vital players into that group.
IMO coordinators, QB and OL coach need to be talent developers/play callers first. WR, DB and RB coaches are perfect positions for recruiters.

Last edited:
IMO coordinators, QB and OL coach need to be talent developers/play callers first. WR, DB and RB coaches are perfect positions for recruiters.

Attachments

• D411FCCC-5E13-4CA6-9ACD-80F4E1F4BB20.gif
    D411FCCC-5E13-4CA6-9ACD-80F4E1F4BB20.gif
    384.1 KB · Views: 92
How about Trey Holtz?
Yes Lou’s son?
WR Coach at Tennessee Tech

Last edited:
I’m sorta surprised there’s still an opening ..
Agreed.

I’m sure they’ve got their Plan A and Plan B.
Hard to believe it’s an NFL person unless it’s someone that worked with Anae in the past.

I’m guessing it’s either:
  1. They’re still working out the contract details
  2. Waiting until after national signing day - Feb 2nd (which seems awkward)

Doug is not expected to be retained at bama

If Hackett gets a HC job or stays as coordinator and there’s an opening, have to think his old friend is on the short list for x, y, or z.

Bump.

Any indication on when we will hear about the last hire and any speculation on any who we may be targeting?

Assume it’s probably being held close to the vest after the Zach Arnett saga.

Bump.

Any indication on when we will hear about the last hire and any speculation on any who we may be targeting?

Assume it’s probably being held close to the vest after the Zach Arnett saga.
Speculation here...

First assumption:

Coach Anae and Coach Beck were brought in not as mindless drones to execute Dino's offense but as seasoned pros to bring their offensive scheme to Syracuse.

Second assumption:

Towards that end, the final coaching hire will be a WR coach; someone who can help Coach Anae and Coach Beck get the scheme in place and running well this spring.

We all know the pass game is big in the Anae offense. The performance of the receivers is a key to success. Have to have the QBs and WRs on the same page.

So bottom line, I think the WR coach is going to be someone Coach Anae and Coach Beck pick and is going to be someone familiar with their scheme.

Guy Holliday was Coach Anae's WR coach at BYU and I have already posted an article indicating he wanted to bring him to UVa with him. Guy is available. Would not be surprised if the new hire is him. If not him, I an guessing it will be someone else who coached under Coach Anae, or perhaps even a former player. If a former player, it would make sense it would be a former Hoo, as their players tend to be from SU recruiting areas. This would be a younger hire and would probably be welcomed by JW as the salary requirements would be relatively low.

Speculation here...

First assumption:

Coach Anae and Coach Beck were brought in not as mindless drones to execute Dino's offense but as seasoned pros to bring their offensive scheme to Syracuse.

Second assumption:

Towards that end, the final coaching hire will be a WR coach; someone who can help Coach Anae and Coach Beck get the scheme in place and running well this spring.

We all know the pass game is big in the Anae offense. The performance of the receivers is a key to success. Have to have the QBs and WRs on the same page.

So bottom line, I think the WR coach is going to be someone Coach Anae and Coach Beck pick and is going to be someone familiar with their scheme.

Guy Holliday was Coach Anae's WR coach at BYU and I have already posted an article indicating he wanted to bring him to UVa with him. Guy is available. Would not be surprised if the new hire is him. If not him, I an guessing it will be someone else who coached under Coach Anae, or perhaps even a former player. If a former player, it would make sense it would be a former Hoo, as their players tend to be from SU recruiting areas. This would be a younger hire and would probably be welcomed by JW as the salary requirements would be relatively low.
Well, that all makes too much sense..

Speculation here...

First assumption:

Second assumption:

What do you make of Holliday’s departure from the Utes? Seems like players were not happy with the way he was let go. Any thoughts? Didn’t realize he spent a year at Cornell.