Roy Simmons III stays on for Syracuse LAX transition | Syracusefan.com

Roy Simmons III stays on for Syracuse LAX transition

“I used to do the scheduling of games, and Gary wants to do that. He’s already changed a lot of the games and who we’re going to play. So he’s taken that off my plate, which is fine. Petro’s going to kind of be advising the strength and conditioning guy, which I used to work closely with him and his support staff. But I’ll keep the academics and the travel and the other things, keep the guys afloat.”

“I used to do the scheduling of games, and Gary wants to do that. He’s already changed a lot of the games and who we’re going to play. So he’s taken that off my plate, which is fine. Petro’s going to kind of be advising the strength and conditioning guy, which I used to work closely with him and his support staff. But I’ll keep the academics and the travel and the other things, keep the guys afloat.”

Hmm I'm really intrigued on what that means the schedule is going to look like next season.

Hmm I'm really intrigued on what that means the schedule is going to look like next season.

Easier?

Harder?

Don't want to lose Army, Albany, Hobart, Cornell and Hop.

That leaves Colgate, Bingo, and a non-conf game TBD to play with.

Easier?

Harder?

Seems unlikely Army, Scooby, Bart , Cornell and Hop will all still be on the schedule. I expect at least one will be dropped at least temporarily.

Easier?

Harder?

Could be the changes are where on some of the games, not the who.

But I agree on dumping Colgate and Binghamton.

Not sure how plugged in Axe is, but this would be quite the addition.

ND 7th, NC 9th, Duke 12th, UVA 17th

Syracuse 42nd

Time of possession according to lax reference

That has to change

A little surprised at the following exchange, regarding Petro (these are Simmie III's words) -

“He’s really turned himself into an Orange person. Boy, I’ll tell you. He’s not happy about the way things went at Hopkins (his departure). He’s all-in, I’ll tell you that.”

None of what he says is all that surprising, guess I am just surprised he said anything about it all. I'm guessing he was just trying to say how motivated Petro is coming into this new job, but Petro has been very diplomatic about his departure from Hopkins.

Of course RSIII could just mean Petro is unhappy about how the last few years went on the field, but it's got Hop fans riled up on Fanlax, which, at least made me chuckle.

Not sure how plugged in Axe is, but this would be quite the addition.

As a fan down here in MD I would love to see the Terps, Loyola or Georgetown back on the schedule at least every other year. Would give me more options than just going to Hopkins every other season to see them in person.

A little surprised at the following exchange, regarding Petro (these are Simmie III's words) -

“He’s really turned himself into an Orange person. Boy, I’ll tell you. He’s not happy about the way things went at Hopkins (his departure). He’s all-in, I’ll tell you that.”

None of what he says is all that surprising, guess I am just surprised he said anything about it all. I'm guessing he was just trying to say how motivated Petro is coming into this new job, but Petro has been very diplomatic about his departure from Hopkins.

Of course RSIII could just mean Petro is unhappy about how the last few years went on the field, but it's got Hop fans riled up on Fanlax, which, at least made me chuckle.
Ever talk to a Hop fan in person? Every convo quickly turns to Cuse. Bit of an obsession. They'll go on about Cuse struggles but dont dare flip convo because they are the best 4 win team in lax history.

Seems unlikely Army, Scooby, Bart , Cornell and Hop will all still be on the schedule. I expect at least one will be dropped at least temporarily.
not touching this discussion. smiley face.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom