Rumor alert - WVU | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Rumor alert - WVU

Here is one place I caught earlier.

BigTime TV/Radio @GSwaim 2h
Need yet another reason to think that #WVU is in the #Big12 for 2012? #OKState ticket package sure thinks so: bit.ly/oX0rTv

BigTime TV/Radio @GSwaim 1h
"@goxybr: @GSwaim have you heard anything about wvu and big east reaching a deal?" // #Big12 teams ready to put out ticket packages w/ #WVU.

"@meglasdad: @GSwaim Heard anything new regarding the WVU lawsuits?" // Unofficial, but a "done deal". #Big12 teams putting out ticket deals

BigTime TV/Radio @GSwaim 33m
"@LyticCycle: @GSwaim read the article butttt i missed the hint i suppose" // said they have seven home games. Only two of those are non-con

I went to the OSU thing but didn't see anything.

Who says we can't? If this is true, it will set precident for how much it will cost us. I'd just as soon collect WVU's buyout money first.
The BE has basically frozen us and Pitt out since the ACC decision was made. Will the league balk at sharing WVU's buyout money with us?

we could always play WV in a OC game next year, maybe they think they owe us for helping get them out..

I'm glad this will be resolved and WVU will be in the big 12. I'm interested to see how they fare considering they bring back a lot of talent on O. At the same time, it displays what is need to be paid to leave so we can make a decision on it.

The BE has basically frozen us and Pitt out since the ACC decision was made. Will the league balk at sharing WVU's buyout money with us?

I believe the TCU and WVU buyout $ will come off our buyout penalty.
(Unless BE contract w/SU voids your right to buyout $ if you put in notice to leave. )

Contracts go both ways. As long as we're in the Big East I'd think they have to (legally) share everything with us. I'd also have to believe the second they don't they are in breach of contract.

we could always play WV in a OC game next year, maybe they think they owe us for helping get them out..

If they think they owe us they should come to the Dome.

Source?

---------------

2012 Oklahoma State Football Ticket Information
OSU site says: " 2012 football season is expected to feature seven games". OSU 2012 future schedule still lists Missouri.

No indication of WVU as opponent:

Seems more like Mr. "BigTime TV/Radio" G Swaim is jumping to conclusions.
His link says nothing about the lawsuit being settled or even that WVU is on OSU schedule.

---------------
His link says nothing about the lawsuit being settled or even that WVU is on OSU schedule.

He has a tendency to do that. He's essentially an internet and twitter tabloid for us college sports fans. I take everything he throws out with a major grain of salt.

Dennis Quaid once told Rob Brown that too much salt can be bad for you. I wonder if Schwartzwalder actually said that to Ernie, anyone know?

He has a tendency to do that. He's essentially an internet and twitter tabloid for us college sports fans. I take everything he throws out with a major grain of salt.

------------------

Very trustworthy looking. Mr "BigTime" whatever.

---------------

2012 Oklahoma State Football Ticket Information
OSU site says: " 2012 football season is expected to feature seven games". OSU 2012 future schedule still lists Missouri.

No indication of WVU as opponent:

His tweet about the lawsuit is this one.

"@meglasdad: @GSwaim Heard anything new regarding the WVU lawsuits?" // Unofficial, but a "done deal". #Big12 teams putting out ticket deals

The link I put above from another tweet of his is to the sale of ticket packages that includes 7 home games. It doesn't say the schedule but they have a price they are selling them at and people can buy. If WVU weren't to play in the B12 what do they do? Give them part of their money back? That was Swaims point, they are selling season tickets with WVU included (5 home conference games).

------------------

Very trustworthy looking. Mr "BigTime" whatever.

He's probably one of the more reliable sports guys. I believe he is an OSU grad.

Luck has the reputation of a snake. He is a pariah as far as AD's are concerned. Syracuse signed an agreement and is living withing its terms. Guys like Luck will be the death of college sports.

His tweet about the lawsuit is this one.

The link I put above from another tweet of his is to the sale of ticket packages that includes 7 home games. It doesn't say the schedule but they have a price they are selling them at and people can buy. If WVU weren't to play in the B12 what do they do? Give them part of their money back? That was Swaims point, they are selling season tickets with WVU included (5 home conference games).

--------
"Unofficial, but a "done deal"

Sorry: didn't notice that comment: still I'll believe it when I see it officially announced.

He's probably one of the more reliable sports guys. I believe he is an OSU grad.

--------------

My comment was unfair, since I know very little about him.

Sorry. Still, if I was in a meeting with him, I would make sure my wallet was in my pocket.

Really puts us in the hole scheduling wise for next year imo. Aren't we already looking for 2 teams to play? Maybe the idea of selective home and home with another Big East team isn't such a bad one. It's done on the basketball side already.
MAYBE UWV PLAYS SU AND PITT OOC!

--------
"Unofficial, but a "done deal"

Sorry: didn't notice that comment: still I'll believe it when I see it officially announced.

No doubt. That's why the first word in my post was "rumor ".

Sent from my DROIDX

--------------

My comment was unfair, since I know very little about him.

Sorry. Still, if I was in a meeting with him, I would make sure my wallet was in my pocket.

His claim to fame=one of two people to pick men and womens MC Donalds AA.

How could they? If they are keeping us in the league they must treat us as equals (although we don't get to vote on anything anymore) and share all revenue equally. If not they are in breach and we can walk for free immediatly and have grounds to do so.

Remaining BE can't have the best of both worlds. If WVU is gone it's a win win for SU. Either we get money, or we get to the ACC immediately without spending any additional money including the $5 mil buyout.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom