Rumor alert - WVU | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Rumor alert - WVU

His claim to fame=one of two people to pick men and womens MC Donalds AA.

We need to be nice to him then because Coleman and Grant are both nominees.

As long as Syracuse is in the Big East they are entitled to and will recieve their financial share

We leave with Pitt and the BE is down to 5 teams for 2012?

I don't see it happening.

Snooki will have to play Howard home and home.

I'm pretty sure Camden School of Barbers has an open date.

we could always play WV in a OC game next year, maybe they think they owe us for helping get them out..

Only if we get out too. If not, I'm fine with the Schwartzwalder Trophy taking up permanent residence in Syracuse, New York.

seems more like Mr. "BigTime TV/Radio" G Swaim is jumping to conclusions.
His link says nothing about the lawsuit being settled or even that WVU is on OSU schedule.

70384439_ba1fd5b9de_z.jpg

the delay in letting them go to the bevo10 was probably finding the right legal wording to keep SU and Pitt in the bmw for 2 more years and not letting them use this as an escape route.

3 d1aa's next year???

Oh Lord

Awesome now Rutgers can feel better about scheduling VMI and Utica College for this year schedule along with Howard Army Norfolk State and god knows who else.

Hey, UC was tough this year.:)

Meanwhile the Marionette visits Dallas to try and cop some free barbecue.

Caption this photo

NS_19SMUBIGEAST_01_23046361.JPG

"Who says we can't? If this is true, it will set precident for how much it will cost us. I'd just as soon collect WVU's buyout money first."

I doubt we will ever see one penny of that buyout money even if we stay until 2014.

Hey, UC was tough this year.:)

Ya I caught that Ithaca game on TW 813, was nice to see them win. They have a great RB I think who impressed me. There light years ahead of where they were when i was there we struggled to get 2-3 wins a year.

Contracts go both ways. As long as we're in the Big East I'd think they have to (legally) share everything with us. I'd also have to believe the second they don't they are in breach of contract.

No. They don't. After we left we forfeit rights to meetings and revenue share. It is in that contract

No. They don't. After we left we forfeit rights to meetings and revenue share. It is in that contract
This is correct. We get nothing.

Except a Golden Ticket to the ACC.

This brings up a question on revenue. If we went to a bowl game say next year or win the NCAA tournament in March we get no revenue from that? What about TV revenue? If true, I can fully see why WVU is out even with a large buyout.

Normal revenue sharing funds are generally applied to exit fees and any other expenses that an institution may owe the conference. That is, yes, you get credit for them, but no, you may never see them.

NCAA basketball credits are paid out much later. If Syracuse were to win the championship this year it is unlikely that they'd see a dime from that. Once Syracuse is out (effective date July 1, 2013?) it's not entitled to anything that it may have generated for the conference previously.

For WVU exit fees? No, I don't believe Syracuse will see a dime of that money.

Here's the text from the Big East by-laws:
ARTICLE XI – TEMINATION, SUSPENSION, PROBATION AND WITHDRAWAL OF MEMBERS

11.02 Withdrawal from Membership

All rights of a Withdrawing Member in the Conference and in the assets and revenue of the Conference shall cease as of the effective date of its withdrawal, including without limitation any rights to distributions which would otherwise become due after such effective date, even if such distributions are based on matters that occurred prior to such effective date, During the pendency of a Withdrawing Member’s withdrawal, the Withdrawing Member’s share of revenue distributed by the Conference that would otherwise be paid to such Member shall first be credited towards any amounts which are or will be payable by the Withdrawing Member to the Conference until those amounts are fully satisfied. The Director, Athletic Director and any other agent of a Withdrawing Member shall be automatically removed from any Committee membership or any other position in which they are serving as a representative of the Conference, immediately upon the receipt by the Conference of the Member’s Withdrawal Notice.

How do you know that? I'm not questioning whether you're right or not I'm just wondering. How could we survive financially if we're forfeiting revenue sharing right now? Doesn't seem likely - we'd lose about what - between 10 and 17 million dollars over this season and next?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom