Running the Point | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Running the Point

Rhetorical Ofcourse. But everyone pretty much stopped after they didn’t get the ball on their initial cut/track. You have to keep moving to space and help out the teammate.

There was more culprits than just JG, but it’s still frustrating.
If we are talking about the sideline inbound play that Marek had no one to pass to, it was really poorly designed from the jump. It's as if JB didn't expect that Pitt would contest the inbound and/or that they never practiced the play. No screens to free the entry pass. The back screens that were set were to get BB free for a jumper, but his cut off those screens, by design, was timed to start once the ball was entered.

There’s no logical reason why your best perimeter defender watches the most critical portion of the game when you need stops. None.

Hot take? Yes. True? Yes.
Careful...your anti-JB "agenda" is showing. The simple answer is that it makes no sense, and I'm a JG3 fan who thinks he'll end up being a very good player for us eventually.
We know Buddy is never leaving the game, and JG3 is a close 2nd because...spacing. But on defense, isn't it glaringly obvious that our 2-headed starters are not up to par? Is everyone else wrong and JB right, that somehow that pairing was the best defensive option on THE critical sequence of the game, and especially now that we know what KR brings to the table? Sheesh.

Careful...your anti-JB "agenda" is showing. The simple answer is that it makes no sense, and I'm a JG3 fan who thinks he'll end up being a very good player for us eventually.
We know Buddy is never leaving the game, and JG3 is a close 2nd because...spacing. But on defense, isn't it glaringly obvious that our 2-headed starters are not up to par? Is everyone else wrong and JB right, that somehow that pairing was the best defensive option on THE critical sequence of the game, and especially now that we know what KR brings to the table? Sheesh.

coincidentally enough - I love JB... I’m happy to have him as long as he wants to stay.

Kid is a losing basketball player, as is, if he isn't playing Class B basketball. City Rocks team with Isiah Stewart and a ton of D1 players wasn't great. Oh yeah, Buddy Boeheim was his running mate.

He can get better, but has shown no proclivity to do the things needed to be better.

There were a couple of us saying that KR was, by far, the best, and only, true PG on the team before the season.

JG is an easy target - and for very good reasons, as your stats show. His lack of hustle on D is almost as glaring as his poor shooting and poor shot selection. But, there are several other flaws with this team. Hate to see JG singled out as the primary reason.
The guard play is the primary issue.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bspencer309

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom