Rush the court vs GTOWN | Syracusefan.com

Rush the court vs GTOWN

mlbball99

2nd String
I have been hearing rumors it is going down. If we win, rushing of the court in the Dome will take place.

Last home game vs our long time rival. Its a win vs gerogetown. Its a celebration of the long history of these two teams battle in the dome.

See you on the court with 34,616+ people..

I have been hearing rumors it is going down. If we win, rushing of the court in the Dome will take place.

Last home game vs our long time rival. Its a win vs gerogetown. Its a celebration of the long history of these two teams battle in the dome.

(n)

Best to just turn your back and walk away. Don't give them the feeling we did anything special. After all, they're just Hoyas and they still suck.

Ehhhh...I wouldn't mind it if it happened, but there is no need, it's 1:47 and the Hoyas still SUCK!!!!

Best to just turn your back and walk away. Don't give them the feeling we did anything special. After all, they're just Hoyas and they still suck.
in fact, don't even go to the game. let them play before an empty arena, that'll really show them

for the original poster: good luck. I am of the opinion that any time there is a natural critical mass that creates a storming, then it is appropriate. I hope you get a win that causes such a rush of pride and jubilation.

If it's a buzzer beater to win it, then fine. Anything else would be ridiculous.

get-off-my-lawn.jpg

i wasnt gonna go, but now i may, just to stand there or tackle people and try to stop it.

a premeditated court storming is OFF the charts on ridiculousness.

better plan on storming after a loss too.

cant go halfway ridiculous on this.

If any student is on the messageboard PLEASE MAKE SURE THIS DOESN'T HAPPEN. Nothing says bush league like storming the court when your the higher ranked team, and favorite going into the game. This is total bad karma PLEASE STUDENTS STOP THIS FROM HAPPENING.

Reactions: cto
If we are ever in a position to storm the court, it will mean our program has gone downhill into the sh#$*er. We are elite. PLease don't make us bush-league:oops:

Embarrassing doesn't even begin to explain it.

I'm going to follow Melo. If he storms, I storm.

I think I’m ok with it. When is the last time we stormed at a home game? Have this set of seniors (players and students) even been part of a court storm (besides on the road)? I don’t think we’ve beat a team at home ranked higher than us since 2008/2009.

I think the general college basketball community understands the historical importance of this game and not just the AP#8 vs. AP#11 teams in the country playing.

I'd rather storm in the last game against a huge rival than in the first game vs. a Duke or UNC.

I mean, it can't be worse than rushing the court when you're a ranked team and you beat an unranked team like OK State did right?

I'll be at the game in the student section. I was at the game where the students rushed the court twice against Pitt. My dad just held me up on his shoulders so I could watch the chaos.

Not sure if I'll rush, but I'll consider it if the situation is appropriate.

My friends talked about doing something different like rushing the court at halftime just for the hell of it lol.

if any students are reading the board: PLEASE IGNORE ALL THE BORING MIDDLE AGED MEN WITH WIDE MIDDLES AND A WIDER LIST OF RULES.

Life is short - have fun.
and then get to listen to us get abused on ESPN for the next week. Paging Tony Kornheiser...

I'm going to follow Melo. If he storms, I storm.

I think I’m ok with it. When is the last time we stormed at a home game? Have this set of seniors (players and students) even been part of a court storm (besides on the road)? I don’t think we’ve beat a team at home ranked higher than us since 2008/2009.

I think the general college basketball community understands the historical importance of this game and not just the AP#8 vs. AP#11 teams in the country playing.

I'd rather storm in the last game against a huge rival than in the first game vs. a Duke or UNC.
I graduated in May and my class never stormed. I'm very happy that was the case. Unless you're TCU against Kansas you shouldn't be storming.

and then get to listen to us get abused on ESPN for the next week. Paging Tony Kornheiser...
by a bunch of boring middle aged men - like I said, ignore them and their phony rules.

The only people who care about at that are middle aged men. Who the f### cares what Kornheiser or other teams' fans think?

Personally I'm not a huge fan of it, but whatever. If we storm it means we won.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

I don't have a real strong opinion on this either way, but I do have strong feelings about the post above. ..f-ck what the douchenozzles at espn think about the program.

The only people who care about at that are middle aged men. Who the f### cares what Kornheiser or other teams' fans think?

Personally I'm not a huge fan of it, but whatever. If we storm it means we won.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2
But then middle-aged men like myself who live outside of Syracuse get to hear it from middle-aged men whom I work with about how cheezy we are.;)

SU as a program is above storming the court. SU students are students and if they want to do it so be it. So what if they look ridiculous. Is one of us old guys gonna catch flak at the water cooler because "our school" rushed the court when they don't think we should've? Maybe, but if we beat the Hoyas who gives a danm? You're only a 18-22 year old college student once in your life, enjoy it! And try to remember it, I swear sophmore/juniors year are a big blur to me! I remember coming in as a freshman and leaving as a grad, in between a bunch ofcouchburn and some :bat:.

Honestly I'd rather we lose than storm the court. Losing to GTown is far less embarrassing than the shame of storming the court being a higher ranked team (tongue in cheek but almost true)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom