Rush the court vs GTOWN | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Rush the court vs GTOWN

If you consider Syracuse to be an elite tier 1 basketball program the signal nationally of storming the court means you are overcome with the joy of beating a team that 1. Las Vegas favored you in 2. You are ranked higher than. The following programs NEVER storm the court North Carolina, Duke, UCLA, Kentucky, Kansas , Michigan State (note I would include Indiana but they stormed the court last year after beating Kentucky, but that was because the programs had been completely in the gutter for 3 years) if you want Syracuse to be the discussion with those programs then don't storm the court and act like you have been there before. If you want Syracuse to be considered just another good program or tier 3 program then go ahead and storm the court, but I NEVER want to see Syracuse fans storm the court UNLESS we are a legitimate underdog in the game say 6+ points AND the opponent is a top 3 program and its a legitimate upset. I hope we never meet my critieria ever and we never storm the court again the program's existence.

Honestly, don't care either way because I'm not a student, but I'd argue FOR it.

We get crapped on by the talking heads no matter what. If it pisses Georgetown off, great. I would never be ashamed of pissing on Georgetown. I've never been a part of a court or field storm. Doubt I will be even if we win on Saturday.

Id say save the storming for March 9th;)

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

"THIS IS EMBARASSING WAHHH WE ARE BETTER THAN THAT WAHHH SOO BUSH LEAGUE WAAAHHHHHHHHHHH"

Don't forget to tell those dam whippersnappers to stay off your yards too.

Thousands of drunk kids don't get a f*** what our BE record has been the past 2 years, they don't care about the history between georgetown, hell, they might not even know what we are ranked. They are simply, drunk kids that like doing stuff like rushing the court.

F it! Wish I was back for it.

Thousands of drunk kids don't get a f*** what our BE record has been the past 2 years, they don't care about the history between georgetown, hell, they might not even know what we are ranked. They are simply, drunk kids that like doing stuff like rushing the court.

F it! Wish I was back for it.

And they are probably the same dorks who've been sitting in their dorm rooms for 75% of the games this year. The basketball fans get it.

We are Syracuse.
I'm not against court-storming in principle, but beating an underdog on our home court is a really lame excuse to storm the court.
It's time for the college kids to show some respect for who we are and our storied history. Please don't embarrass the program.

And BTW, we need to get by a pesky Providence team first, and then beat GT for any of this to even matter.

Please don't embarrass the program.
you mean the program that has been on probation, fills out the police blotter annually, and of late routinely has kids who can't keep up academically?

seems to me the program is working at an embarrassment deficit, vis a vis the students

And they are probably the same dorks who've been sitting in their dorm rooms for 75% of the games this year. The basketball fans get it.

We are Syracuse.
I'm not against court-storming in principle, but beating an underdog on our home court is a really lame excuse to storm the court.
It's time for the college kids to show some respect for who we are and our storied history. Please don't embarrass the program.

LOL here we go again. It's the same argument that we hear continuously on the football board with regards to attendance. People think students are OBLIGED to attend every game, regardless of the team's product, just because THEY are diehards.

Let me break this down again. The majority of students hail from all different parts of the country. Many of them cared little about sports, and even less about Syracuse sports beforehand. Do they show up in good packs for the big games? Of course. Because it is a social event, moreso than a basketball game, for many of these kids. Was this how I was? F*** no. But I also grew up in Syracuse, I watched the teams my entire life, I fell in love with Syracuse sports, I got picked up from school in my Dad's "syracuse university loading zone" truck to watch the Manhattan game, I stayed up all night watching the post championship coverage and showed up to school late the next day.

Point is- the majority of these kids wouldn't know anymore or any less about Syracuse if they had gotten into other schools. Hell (not calling you out Dan :)) Blackknight was a ND and Uconn fan before coming to SU. Wishing the students would "learn the history" of Syracuse basketball and their associated r*vals is ridiculous. We are all of the diehards, hence why we spend countless hours of our lives posting on this forum.

It's just reality.

They did not storm the court for Missouri. I was in the first row students section. I did storm 5 times in that 2003 season though. Notre Dame. Pitt 3x. And we didn't really storm for Rutgers, it was more of a aimless jump about stroll onto the hardwood, I was vocalizing against it for the record, but then acquiesced.

I am fairly certain it happened -- I was watching on TV. I remember at the time I had old man syndrome, and thought it was sort of silly. That's why it always stuck in my mind -- but now I no longer have no issues with court storming and the "class" and "tier" system. , have fun.

This guy says it happened too.

http://www.realclearsports.com/blog...orming-of-the-court-than-georgetown-game.html

Perhaps your right.. or maybe it was a minor storming.

LOL here we go again. It's the same argument that we hear continuously on the football board with regards to attendance. People think students are OBLIGED to attend every game, regardless of the team's product, just because THEY are diehards.

Let me break this down again. The majority of students hail from all different parts of the country. Many of them cared little about sports, and even less about Syracuse sports beforehand. Do they show up in good packs for the big games? Of course. Because it is a social event, moreso than a basketball game, for many of these kids. Was this how I was? F*** no. But I also grew up in Syracuse, I watched the teams my entire life, I fell in love with Syracuse sports, I got picked up from school in my Dad's "syracuse university loading zone" truck to watch the Manhattan game, I stayed up all night watching the post championship coverage and showed up to school late the next day.

Point is- the majority of these kids wouldn't know anymore or any less about Syracuse if they had gotten into other schools. Hell (not calling you out Dan :)) Blackknight was a ND and Uconn fan before coming to SU. Wishing the students would "learn the history" of Syracuse basketball and their associated is ridiculous. We are all of the diehards, hence why we spend countless hours of our lives posting on this forum.

It's just reality.

I really don't care if non-sports fans learn the history or not. I don't think it's too much to ask for them to know our team is good and that our team hasn't lost at home in a few years.

I really don't care if non-sports fans learn the history or not. I don't think it's too much to ask for them to know our team is good and that our team hasn't lost at home in a few years.

Maybe someone will announce it to them on the PA system while they're crowd surfing on "Jim Boeheim's court".

Maybe someone will announce it to them on the PA system while they're crowd surfing on "Jim Boeheim's court".

They'll probably be too busy trying to get on TV or tweeting to their 45 followers to notice.

Screw this BS. I am driving down, and I am going to storm the court at the first TV timeout.

Did anyone catch Oklahoma State rushing the court vs. Oklahoma in Stillwater this past weekend? OSU was 17th and Boomer was getting some votes in the D-2 polls. Ridiculous and embarrassing.

I am fairly certain it happened -- I was watching on TV. I remember at the time I had old man syndrome, and thought it was sort of silly. That's why it always stuck in my mind -- but now I no longer have no issues with court storming and the "class" and "tier" system. , have fun.

This guy says it happened too.

http://www.realclearsports.com/blog...orming-of-the-court-than-georgetown-game.html

Perhaps your right.. or maybe it was a minor storming.

I was front row for that. It relayy was only maybe 20 kids tops and the never got past center court. It was a "failed" one that pent up to the Pitt triple. (Premature first, then the halfcourt heave, then JB go back and make sure its waved then it was) ...

The Rutgers one was absolutely planned. The whole game people talked about it. I voiced my displeasure but I was already awkwardly sad knowing it was the last time I would see Carmello. Little did I know the next time was he had a certain Glass Ball...

I have been hearing rumors it is going down. If we win, rushing of the court in the Dome will take place.

Last home game vs our long time rival. Its a win vs gerogetown. Its a celebration of the long history of these two teams battle in the dome.

See you on the court with 34,616+ people..
Gay

If we're gonna storm the court, we better do it right. There is still a game to be played but let's destroy Georgetown one last time in the Dome and maybe rush. These students don't know the rivalry, we need the 40 year vets who sit on their hands to get on the court and let loose.

We're favored in a home game against a team everyone expects to beat.

Did some of you kids "rush the court" the first time you kissed a girl as well?

We're favored in a home game against a team everyone expects to beat.

Did some of you kids "rush the court" the first time you kissed a girl as well?

The best part of your use of "you kids", is that the ones you are talking to, the ones most likely to rush the court, the ones who can't name the roster of the 2005 team, don't post here :)

1427412.jpg

I have been hearing rumors it is going down. If we win, rushing of the court in the Dome will take place.

Last home game vs our long time rival. Its a win vs gerogetown. Its a celebration of the long history of these two teams battle in the dome.

See you on the court with 34,616+ people..

"IF we win..."???????????

Mr. Potatohead and his Ho-yas are going to get a MAJOR DOMING.

you mean the program that has been on probation, fills out the police blotter annually, and of late routinely has kids who can't keep up academically?

seems to me the program is working at an embarrassment deficit, vis a vis the students

Looks like a post I'd expect to see from "Casual Hoya", especially the probation dig. Shouldn't get your panties in a wad over court storming but maybe everyone should about the new improved Friars.

I was front row for that. It relayy was only maybe 20 kids tops and the never got past center court. It was a "failed" one that pent up to the Pitt triple. (Premature first, then the halfcourt heave, then JB go back and make sure its waved then it was) ...

The Rutgers one was absolutely planned. The whole game people talked about it. I voiced my displeasure but I was already awkwardly sad knowing it was the last time I would see Carmello. Little did I know the next time was he had a certain Glass Ball...

That would make sense. I don't remember it enough if it was major or minor, I just remember seeing people and thinking this is not right.

I'm going to let Lee Trevino express my thoughts on this idea...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom