Rush the court vs GTOWN | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Rush the court vs GTOWN

Point is- the majority of these kids wouldn't know anymore or any less about Syracuse if they had gotten into other schools. Hell (not calling you out Dan :)) Blackknight was a ND and Uconn fan before coming to SU. Wishing the students would "learn the history" of Syracuse basketball and their associated r*vals is ridiculous. We are all of the diehards, hence why we spend countless hours of our lives posting on this forum.

It's just reality.

I DENY EVERYTHING!

Looks like a post I'd expect to see from "Casual Hoya", especially the probation dig. Shouldn't get your panties in a wad over court storming but maybe everyone should about the new improved Friars.
it's just a reaction to the sanctimony expressed by some of these killjoys

Embarrassing doesn't even begin to explain it.

I didn't know you were a BORING MIDDLE AGED MAN WITH A WIDE MIDDLE AND A WIDER LIST OF RULES.

Sent using my Commodore 64

Act like you've been there. Court stormings are for huge upsets. Court stormings happen against us, after those few times we lose.

We are Syracuse. And Georgetown sucks (every time, all the time).

It has nothing to do with being "killjoys", it has to do with not being a moron.

I was all for the court storming when we beat GTown in 2007. We weren't that good, they were, and it was our biggest home win in awhile. We shot the lights out in the 2nd half, the Dome was electric, and a storming just fit. That was worthy. I stormed when we beat UConn(the clear best team in the country) in 2004. Also Pitt(#2, about to be #1 and our first huge win in about 3 years) in 2003, which was maybe the best game I've ever been at and one of the loudest basketball crowds I've heard.

Unless we win on a dramatic buzzer beater or something(like Pearl against BC - also passes the storm-worthy common sense test not because of the opponent but because we won on a halfcourt buzzer beater), then there is no reason to storm the court Saturday.

I'm not anti-court storming at all, I generally love it when it's a fitting time to do it. Just having a little college basketball common sense should make it pretty obvious if the court should be stormed or not.

Our program is at a level right now where it shouldn't even be a consideration.

I want Carmelo to storm the court. He has never done it as a fan yet :)

it. Carmelo and GMAC should raise JB up on their sholders after the buzzer and lead the court storm. Bonus points for running over JTIII.

Thousands of drunk kids don't get a f*** what our BE record has been the past 2 years, they don't care about the history between georgetown, hell, they might not even know what we are ranked. They are simply, drunk kids that like doing stuff like rushing the court.

F it! Wish I was back for it.

Also 75% of those drunk kids haven't been to a game all year.

The only way this would be a good thing is if when we beat Gtown at their house. The hundreds of Cuse fans that made the trip rush the court grab the mic and say" The orange has officially ended this rivalry BOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!!!!!

Act like you've been there. Court stormings are for huge upsets. Court stormings happen against us, after those few times we lose.

We are Syracuse. And Georgetown sucks (every time, all the time).

...AMEN to this. I am going to have to look away from the TV as soon as the clock hits zero in fear of seeing an embarrassing display of student behavior. Luckily, we have about as few students at games as any team in America... so there wont be too much of a stampede.

...AMEN to this. I am going to have to look away from the TV as soon as the clock hits zero in fear of seeing an embarrassing display of student behavior. Luckily, we have about as few students at games as any team in America... so there wont be too much of a stampede.
They sold all 5,500 student tickets to this game. Not sure what you're talking about with the student support...

I was going to say I think we have one of the largest student sections (when they all show up) in the country.

Have road fans ever rushed their host's court?

We're favored in a home game against a team everyone expects to beat.

Did some of you kids "rush the court" the first time you kissed a girl as well?

No but I jizzed in my pants

Sent from my SCH-R720 using Tapatalk 2

I was going to say I think we have one of the largest student sections (when they all show up) in the country.

"when they show up" is the key to that phrase. 90% of the time, they dont. I am glad we sold out all 5,500 student seats... but all this means is that there will be 3,000+ people who are only attending because it is an event, not because of the game itself. This will lend itself to storming the court vs an inferior team when you are ranked #8 in the country.

Storming the court is one of my fav memories of my college experience. In fact, 12 yrs later my friends and I still talk about it.

"Storming is so boring, it's bush league"... you should sit in your seat and post on this site... now that's exciting and mature.

"Storming is so boring, it's bush league"... you should sit in your seat and post on this site... now that's exciting and mature.
I'm 22 years old and just as passionate as you about SU Sports. I wanted to storm the field when we beat WVU in the dome. If we storm as a higher ranked team vs Georgetown I will be completely embarrassed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom