Rush the court vs GTOWN | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Rush the court vs GTOWN

During my 4 years 03-06 we stormed 2 times and I was disgusted both times. The first one wasn't that bad Feb. 2003 against #2 Pitt when Brendan Knight almost F'ed us from midcourt at the buzzer and the second time was in February 2006 when we beat a top 25 West Virginia team and the dumb idiot students stormed the court after beating WVU. The last time SU had a court storming was March 2007 on Sr. Day against #10 Georgetown who was on a 10 game winning streak and the D-Nic, T-Rob, D-Watkins trio had the Senior Day resume win which should have put us in the NCAA Tournament. If the students think storming the court after this game is acceptable we are Bush league plain and simple. We have been a top 10 team EVERY week the LAST 2 YEARS and we want to storm the court? What if we storm the court I give up. In 2005 SU played at Boston College in February or January I forget and BC was the higher ranked team they were #5 and Syracuse was #9 and when BC squeaked out a win they stormed the court and I thought it was the ultimate bush league court storming because they were favored and higher ranked this "planned" court storming would take the cake BY FAR.

Honestly I'd rather we lose than storm the court. Losing to GTown is far less embarrassing than the shame of storming the court being a higher ranked team (tongue in cheek but almost true)

During my 4 years 03-06 we stormed 2 times and I was disgusted both times. The first one wasn't that bad Feb. 2003 against #2 Pitt when Brendan Knight almost F'ed us from midcourt at the buzzer and the second time was in February 2006 when we beat a top 25 West Virginia team and the dumb idiot students stormed the court after beating WVU. The last time SU had a court storming was March 2007 on Sr. Day against #10 Georgetown

You missed the Notre Dane court storming in February 2003 and the infamous Rutgers court storming by about 30 locals that year in Carmelo's last game with no tv coverage and no student section due to spring break.

Also, we stormed in 2008 when we beat Georgetown.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

Storming the court means you did something special, beating Georgetown is not special, it is expected. Some programs simply outgrow storming the court, our program is a top 5 program thus we have out grown it.

Save the storming for football season.

if any students are reading the board: PLEASE IGNORE ALL THE BORING MIDDLE AGED MEN WITH WIDE MIDDLES AND A WIDER LIST OF RULES.

Life is short - have fun.
Judge much? Premeditated court storming is the very definition of boring.

I'm sort of like Dan Dakich on this -- he things people are way too critical off court storming, and trying to tie some meaning to them. It's a big win / monumental game, your happy, and if emotions are high, what is the big problem with storming.

But pre-meditated is sketchy.

this is a board where people get their panties all bunched up if the vote total in the rankings isnt up to their specifications or if the game highlight is tucked in at the 38th minute of sportcenter...AND NOW they want to absolutely HUMILIATE the school and fan base on NATIONAL tv. :crazy:
:eek:

okie doke......

:noidea:

What is that embarassing about it?
If you consider Syracuse to be an elite tier 1 basketball program the signal nationally of storming the court means you are overcome with the joy of beating a team that 1. Las Vegas favored you in 2. You are ranked higher than. The following programs NEVER storm the court North Carolina, Duke, UCLA, Kentucky, Kansas , Michigan State (note I would include Indiana but they stormed the court last year after beating Kentucky, but that was because the programs had been completely in the gutter for 3 years) if you want Syracuse to be the discussion with those programs then don't storm the court and act like you have been there before. If you want Syracuse to be considered just another good program or tier 3 program then go ahead and storm the court, but I NEVER want to see Syracuse fans storm the court UNLESS we are a legitimate underdog in the game say 6+ points AND the opponent is a top 3 program and its a legitimate upset. I hope we never meet my critieria ever and we never storm the court again the program's existence.

If you consider Syracuse to be an elite tier 1 basketball program the signal nationally of storming the court means you are overcome with the joy of beating a team that 1. Las Vegas favored you in 2. You are ranked higher than. The following programs NEVER storm the court North Carolina, Duke, UCLA, Kentucky, Kansas , Michigan State (note I would include Indiana but they stormed the court last year after beating Kentucky, but that was because the programs had been completely in the gutter for 3 years) if you want Syracuse to be the discussion with those programs then don't storm the court and act like you have been there before. If you want Syracuse to be considered just another good program or tier 3 program then go ahead and storm the court, but I NEVER want to see Syracuse fans storm the court UNLESS we are a legitimate underdog in the game say 6+ points AND the opponent is a top 3 program and its a legitimate upset. I hope we never meet my critieria ever and we never storm the court again the program's existence.

I hope they storm vs. DePaul because
1 it is the last game for SU in the Big East and
2 I wonder if it would make your head explode

I graduated in May and my class never stormed. I'm very happy that was the case. Unless you're TCU against Kansas you shouldn't be storming.

I graduated in 2003 and we stormed the court vs. Pitt three times in one game.

If any student is on the messageboard PLEASE MAKE SURE THIS DOESN'T HAPPEN. Nothing says bush league like storming the court when your the higher ranked team, and favorite going into the game. This is total bad karma PLEASE STUDENTS STOP THIS FROM HAPPENING.

Would storming against #2 Duke(if they were that) be satisfactory? On our home court our program is at a point that we should beat them. It's not a monumental win for the program.

But tomorrow is a monumental game. I would rather storm for Georgetown than a higher ranked Duke team. Then again I would rather the kids decide what is appropriate based on the emotions at the game. And if neither is stormed, or both are stormed... great.

The only real embarassing storm this program had was against Pitt in 2003 when we stormed the court early. All I ask, is make sure the game is over.

I could understand if we were never gonna play Georgetown again...but there is no doubt we will play them again, maybe not every year, but a lot more often than other former BE teams (, Seton Hall, etc.). Also, not a fan of pre-meditated court storming...not really opposed to them, but to me really depends on the situation and in this case, I don't think one is warranted...

Honestly I'd rather we lose than storm the court. Losing to GTown is far less embarrassing than the shame of storming the court being a higher ranked team (tongue in cheek but almost true)

BOO THIS MAN

Would storming against #2 Duke(if they were that) be satisfactory? On our home court our program is at a point that we should beat them. It's not a monumental win for the program.

But tomorrow is a monumental game. I would rather storm for Georgetown than a higher ranked Duke team. Then again I would rather the kids decide what is appropriate based on the emotions at the game. And if neither is stormed, or both are stormed... great.

The only real embarassing storm this program had was against Pitt in 2003 when we stormed the court early. All I ask, is make sure the game is over.
Court storming are acceptable if you are a legitimate underdog going into the game, and you win the game. If Georgetown was coming into the Dome undefeated in Big East play and was favored going into the game, and we won then go ahead and storm. However, I want Syracuse basketball to be viewed as a tier 1 program and tier 1 programs expect to win big games and act like they have done it before.

You missed the Notre Dane court storming in February 2003 and the infamous Rutgers court storming by about 30 locals that year in Carmelo's last game with no tv coverage and no student section due to spring break.

Also, we stormed in 2008 when we beat Georgetown.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

And the Missouri game in 2003. It seemed like they like to storm in 2003.

We're not KU, UK, UNC, or Duke. It's just drunk students having fun. If you don't have fun storming the court, then there is something wrong with you as a person. Calm down, the grass will grow back, and enjoy life.

because we were unranked. You see, there's a pattern here...

As long as nobody does anything like this. That is embarassing.

I am taking this time to introduce a new online chat abbreviation that, to my knowledge, has not been used before. If this is in fact a new abbreviation, and not one that I am simply unaware of and already exists, I only ask that I am somehow given "credit" for it.

In regards to this entire thread WGAF. If we win and people want to storm the court WGAF. If people on ESPN talk crap about the storming WGAF. I just want us to win this game and every other game the rest of the season.

Ridiculous. We're 26-4 in the BE the last 2 years, and are undefeated at home. Act like it. There is nobody in the country we should be storming the court after beating, right now because there's not a team out there who we shouldn't expect to beat at home.

Storm the Verizon Center just to piss them off in a few weeks. Not the Dome.

They did not storm the court for Missouri. I was in the first row students section. I did storm 5 times in that 2003 season though. Notre Dame. Pitt 3x. And we didn't really storm for Rutgers, it was more of a aimless jump about stroll onto the hardwood, I was vocalizing against it for the record, but then acquiesced.

"Blue bloods" absolutely do rush.

Duke rushed against VT a few years back when they won at the buzzer.
I was at the Dean Dome when UNC rushed against UConn in '04 (I think it was '04), and they've rushed multiple times following a win over Duke.

However, rushing is supposed to be spontaneous, not premeditated. If we win at the buzzer though, I'd have no problem with it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom