Rutgers attendance...meh | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Rutgers attendance...meh

I am pretty confident that we will wind up in one of the super conferences over the next few years as more shuffling goes on.

Rest assured you will have your hands full when recruiting against us for many years to come regardless of which of the Big 10, ACC, or merger of Big 12 we ultimately wind up in.

If you tell yourself something over and over, eventually you believe it.

College sports is full of teams that have been left behind, you're just the next in line.

The Big 12 is staying in business. The SEC isn't gong to 16, the Big Ten isn't going to 16, the ACC isn't going to 16. You're .

Coming soon to a stadium near you:
rice%203.jpg

I am pretty confident that we will wind up in one of the super conferences over the next few years as more shuffling goes on.

Rest assured you will have your hands full when recruiting against us for many years to come regardless of which of the Big 10, ACC, or merger of Big 12 we ultimately wind up in.

We are assured rest.

Now you go rest up too. You've got a lot of begging to do.

Back to enjoying my steak.

i will segue into this...most people are ok with dropping the price of a ticket from $35 to $10 or even free, but dropping the $12 fee for parking is crazy... how does it go... ::rolls eyes::

this is my last parking post...sorry for the troll desperation post, just thought it would make the point stronger.
Parking has been up to $20 for the past couple seasons - pretty damn expensive, in any place.

FWIW last season when I saw you post game at UL I decided to do the pre-game stuff on the quad (partly because Lurker John was totally MIA but that's a different story). Had the band on the steps at Hendricks, the Orange Club tent (think it was dry, don't remember), all sorts of blown up SU stuff all over the place with the crappy SJ logo. A fair amount of people all over and in orange. The hotel had a tailgate, music, pregame show...able to grab a bloody and a breakfast sandwich. It didn't seem that all terrible. Not Alabama or anything but seemed a lot better than the Midget KISS thing they did a few years back.

Marrone seems to detest the idea of a walk through the campus...I totally get that, but as the juice comes back that would be a cool thing to do.

I was there for that. Yeah, that mini-Kiss thing was very odd and out of place. And yes, the tent was dry.

Agree. I have been to most of our road games and the stadium experience isn't much different. I thought that ND and Mich had lame crowds. There was nothing going on. I do think SU has too many Ads and too much music but those two were the exact opposite, which IMO is just as bad. But that is the way they like it. They like the purity of just watching a game. While in CNY it is supposed to be about entertainment.

You can see some pretty entertaining stuff at roadgame tailgates.

I once saw a group of UCONN fans at Rentschler pull in and proceed to try and set-up and E-Z Up canopy... The 5 of them unpacked it and began pulling on the frame from each corner and immediately got the roof trusses criss-crossed and yanked the hell out of it anyways and broke it...

People were clapping and cheering as they collectively carried the whole thing into the the bushes and dumped it.

We were setting our canopy up as they were walking back and three of them stopped disgusted and watched us do it in 30 seconds...

You can see some pretty entertaining stuff at roadgame tailgates.

I once saw a group of UCONN fans at Rentschler pull in and proceed to try and set-up and E-Z Up canopy... The 5 of them unpacked it and began pulling on the frame from each corner and immediately got the roof trusses criss-crossed and yanked the hell out of it anyways and broke it...

People were clapping and cheering as they collectively carried the whole thing into the the bushes and dumped it.

We were setting our canopy up as they were walking back and three of them stopped disgusted and watched us do it in 30 seconds...

At a Purdue-Michigan tailgate in Ann Arbor I saw a group of Purdue fans show up with two kegs, not turn off the flow for the whole tailgate (starting at 8:00am). The end result was one passed out in the passenger seat of their truck puking down the side, and another behind the wheel revving the engine which subsequently ended with Ann Arbor police giving him a DUI.

Parking has been up to $20 for the past couple seasons - pretty damn expensive, in any place.

I live right next to the Navy stadium. Their home schedule is awful, move all their good home games to neutral sites. I like to walk around their tailgating scene, it's very good. I'm yet to find a parking lot for less than $20, even the people selling spots in their yard. In fact, I keep looking for one, just because I know what melts the butter of all my SU fans out there.

Wait, at 8 a.m., Saturday morning, you were expecting a big tailgating crowd on the quad?

Exactly, while it isn't going to decide the league title (atleast most years it won't), the fact that it is the BE opener, and a main recruiting "rival" would always make it a big game. And thats without mentioning the culture clash between these two fanbases, very urban/suburban vs. mostly ruralites.
That's the whole point. Rutgers should never...ever...be our rival. Syracuse Football will be back when Rutgers is yet again meaningless because we are that much better.

44cuse

That's the whole point. Rutgers should never...ever...be our rival. Syracuse Football will be back when Rutgers is yet again meaningless because we are that much better.

44cuse

Well you'll get a clear picture of "how much better" you are when we meet tomorrow on your field...

Packing up now and making the late night drive up later after work. How late is Dino BBQ open?

Well you'll get a clear picture of "how much better" you are when we meet tomorrow on your field...

Packing up now and making the late night drive up later after work. How late is Dino BBQ open?

1 am Fridays/Saturdays according to their website.

That's the beauty of it, no matter what happens tomorrow, your program is .

and they're open til 1am

Ugh. You do realize that RU is at its peak and SU is 2 years removed from our bottom? RU will always be a mediocre at best program. SU will be a mediocre at worst. We use RU as a measuring stick for how far we have fallen. Not as a measuring stick for how good we are. This is RU's last chance to play SU on even ground. You better get your win in now because going forward it would be a big time upset for RU to win. And this is assuming we ever play again, which may not happen.

Ugh. You do realize that RU is at its peak and SU is 2 years removed from our bottom? RU will always be a mediocre at best program. SU will be a mediocre at worst. We use RU as a measuring stick for how far we have fallen. Not as a measuring stick for how good we are. This is RU's last chance to play SU on even ground. You better get your win in now because going forward it would be a big time upset for RU to win. And this is assuming we ever play again, which may not happen.

Ummmm. We are coming off of our worst season in several years, far from our "peak". You are coming off one of your better seasons in a while. Should be a good game and will be interesting to see how we match up. Both teams are trying to get better and both fan bases feel good about their respective teams growth potential over the next few years...

Alright so I have till 1 am to get up there for BBQ...not sure If I'll make it(if not a post game feast on Sat before heading home will have to do).

Ummmm. We are coming off of our worst season in several years, far from our "peak". You are coming off one of your better seasons in a while. Should be a good game and will be interesting to see how we match up. Both teams are trying to get better and both fan bases feel good about their respective teams growth potential over the next few years...

Your peak was 2005-2009. That 5 year stretch is the greatest stretch in the history of RU FB. At no other time did RU have more than 2 conference Ws in a season. During those 5 years RU went a whopping 20-15 in the BE, which comes out to an average of a 4-3 season in conference. Barely over .500 over a tiny 5 year stretch is your peak. That is your ceiling. If SU cannot do better than that the next 5 years, then we will all be very disappointed.

Don't get me wrong. I want to see the Dome packed all the time.

Glad to see the buzz that seems to be building for this game, but why the push for this game? Why not for WVU or someone else? Just seems to me that in recent years, SU has one shot to gimic their way into a big crowd.

Could it be Dougy & co have recruits in the building they are looking to impress considering our lack of fan support is used against us in recruiting?
Every game should be "pushed"

Our teams coaches and players think differently...not to mention we will continue to recuit head to head for many kids going forward. To say this game isn't very important to both programs is laughable.

It isn't that important, the importance of this game is Internet geek folklore

Because a Friday night game against WVU or USF sells itself.

Anybody with a clue will want to see the game with Cinci.

That's why.

My thoughts exactly -- I don't think they will need to push as hard for the WVU or USF games, simply because of the time of game. You can expect sizeable student sections for both of the night games (or more sizeable than these noon games). I think the push for this game was to push the students out of bed for a Nooner.

Your peak was 2005-2009. That 5 year stretch is the greatest stretch in the history of RU FB. At no other time did RU have more than 2 conference Ws in a season. During those 5 years RU went a whopping 20-15 in the BE, which comes out to an average of a 4-3 season in conference. Barely over .500 over a tiny 5 year stretch is your peak. That is your ceiling. If SU cannot do better than that the next 5 years, then we will all be very disappointed.

The respective schools have different measuring sticks. To RRUUUU, their last 5 years were the glory years. For Syracuse, that would be a fireable offense (ask Coach P).

The respective schools have different measuring sticks. To RRUUUU, their last 5 years were the glory years. For Syracuse, that would be a fireable offense (ask Coach P).

Great point - I wonder what coach Ps record was in comparison to Schianos?

Seriously RU fans I don't hate RU. I am more annoyed with how your fanbase acts like you are Ohio State or Texas and are the alpha dogs of the Big East Conference when you have accomplished NOTHING. Finish in 2nd place and you guys might be taken more seriously even though every other team in the Big East since 2004 has won atleast a share of the Big East crown expect South Florida and Rutgers. Your boob of a coach feeds you guys bulls#it about winning a NC which is so implausible that these statements are funnier than any RutgersAl post. No Big East team will ever play in the BCS NC game unless they play an unbelievable OOC schedule(hell even WVU this yr probably would have been left out and they would have beaten an LSU) and Schiano schedules more cupcakes than any coach in the country atleast when SEC teams play weaker OOC schedules they play in the SEC. Enjoy your road trips to Athens, Ohio, Toledo, Ohio, Kalamazoo, MI, and Rockford, IL because when the Big East blows up unless Notre Dame goes to the B1G and Missouri doesn't join the SEC Rutgers will become a mid-major, but still somehow some of your fanbase believe SU, UMD, BC conspiring to destroy Rutgers.

The only thing Greg Robinson ever said at SU which turned out to be true is that Rutgers truly is a 1 year wonder.

Apparently there is a reading comprehension issue here. You continue to make my point. As long as we are at Rutgers level: we suck.

If Rutgers results over the last 10 years are something you are proud of, I cannot help you. Both teams suck. And SU Football will be back when you are in our rearview mirrrrrrrror. Make a little more sense now?

Where you are now is temporary. Just like where we are is temporary. Enjoy your semi-relevance while you can because a return to obscurity is right around the corner.

44cuse

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom