rutgers, rutgers, rutgers | Syracusefan.com

rutgers, rutgers, rutgers

KaiserUEO

2022 and 2x ESPN Tourney Challenge Winner
they need to come to the ACC.

they have to come to the ACC.

if swofford continues to be smarter than everyone but myself on this board, they will come to the ACC.

everyone always cries and puffs their chests out on here...rutgers doesnt deliver the NYC market. NYC doesnt care about rutgers...blah the blahdee dah.

anyone who has ever walked down an Avenue, or wandered in the Village in NYC after High Noon on a Saturday, knows that college football is a BOOMING business here.

the bars are JAMMED.

we may not be Syracuse's City, or rutgers, or penn states, or michigans, or even notre dames city...but we are a COLLEGE FOOTBALL WATCHING CITY.

the last thing the ACC needs as they build their base up above the mason/dixon line, is for the power big10 progams...michigan, ohio st, penn st, wisconsin, nebraska...to play 1 game a year...and possibly 2 for the conf in total...and then have them move their Championship Game 1x every 3 years or so there just because they would OWN jerseys only d1 football program.

and that Champ game my friends...would put 82k in Giants Stadium in Dec...your Kaiser included.

i understand the nd/storz st sides view, but swofford wont give a F about storz if he can grab nd. for he could then take rutgers and their better academic record and push storz back down to 1aa football. because at that point, the big10 will not be taking a non aau school and 1 of which is a little out of the way with the best they could offer the alumni is game just south of bah-sten which technically is bc territory.

SOLD!

And the ACC could hold their football championship in the same :)

Well, between Rutgers and the Meadowlands, SU would have one game in NJ every year. :)

If the Big 10 wants to play in NYC, they'll just do it. They don't need Rutgers for that.

Penn State played a Big 10 road game in DC last year... against Indiana.

If the Big 10 wants to play a conference championship game in NYC, it only takes a phone call. I can't imagine the Meadowlands will say no, it's only contingent on you having a team from NJ in your league.

I won't put my Tristan stamp of no SU to the ACC on this one, but I just don't see what the Big 10 gains in Rutgers that they couldn't have already. I imagine New York City spends a lot of Saturdays watching the more interesting Big 10 programs.

SU is better with UConn/RU in the new Big whatever. That's all I care about now. We'll need that recruiting angle if we're going to have any hope of winning this new league one day.

if swofford continues to be smarter than everyone but myself on this board, they will come to the ACC.

everyone always cries and puffs their chests out on here...rutgers doesnt deliver the NYC market. NYC doesnt care about rutgers...blah the blahdee dah.

anyone who has ever walked down an Avenue, or wandered in the Village in NYC after High Noon on a Saturday, knows that college football is a BOOMING business here.

the bars are JAMMED.

we may not be Syracuse's City, or rutgers, or penn states, or michigans, or even notre dames city...but we are a COLLEGE FOOTBALL WATCHING CITY.

the last thing the ACC needs as they build their base up above the mason/dixon line, is for the power big10 progams...michigan, ohio st, penn st, wisconsin, nebraska...to play 1 game a year...and possibly 2 for the conf in total...and then have them move their Championship Game 1x every 3 years or so there just because they would OWN jerseys only d1 football program.

and that Champ game my friends...would put 82k in Giants Stadium in Dec...your Kaiser included.

i understand the nd/storz st sides view, but swofford wont give a F about storz if he can grab nd. for he could then take rutgers and their better academic record and push storz back down to 1aa football. because at that point, the big10 will not be taking a non aau school and 1 of which is a little out of the way with the best they could offer the alumni is game just south of bah-sten which technically is bc territory.

The Big 10 ain't talking Rutgers...they would've taken them last year. End of the day they are a middling Central New Jersey program that is just another mouth to feed for them.

The Big 10 will be totally fine playing their game in Chicago, Indy, Detroit...give it a Lambeau for good measure.

The ACC doesn't need them either.

And we will own NJ while Rutgers plays ECU.

:rolling:

Notre dame and uconn to the ACC and it's ball game over. The ACC would be strong in New York. T^he Big 10 is already strong in New York with Penn St. Rutgers adds nothing.

Do we rape and pillage, or pillage and rape?

Notre dame and uconn to the ACC and it's ball game over. The ACC would be strong in New York. T^he Big 10 is already strong in New York with Penn St. Rutgers adds nothing.

so why give them a door?? why let them OWN it. if penn st can con indiana to playing in Giants Stadium, let them. if they play rut every other year, they dont have to con anyone.

i dont see any reason for anyone to take rutgers 1st.

but i cant see how they arent a positive fit anyone.

i seriously would love to play poker with some of you guys.

so why give them a door?? why let them OWN it. if penn st can con indiana to playing in Giants Stadium, let them. if they play rut every other year, they dont have to con anyone.

Dude, you're advocating for the Joker in the deck...

Wasn't long ago ND tried to schedule games with them at the Meadowlands and they said no. Might have been a nice audition for them.

Would make it ironic if Rutgers gets in the Big 10 and were forced to move any home games against Penn State, Ohio State, Michigan, Nebraska, Wisconsin or Iowa to Giants Stadium. No questions asked. But you can play Indiana, Purdue and Northwestern in New Brunswick.

And if it happened, I think the ACC would still be fine.

Dude, you're advocating for the Joker in the deck...

without the Joker, Batman aint Batman.

and storz isnt even a reccuring character.

priority 1: notre dame
priority 2: rutgers
priority 3: storz

although, i cant say this enough...its nice to not have a horse in this race.

F everyone...CUSE IS IN THE ACC!!!!

i still crack up over chip's post about what TGDs comment wouldve been saturday morning when this was starting to break if he spoke his mind.

Picture Gross right after he got off the phone with Swofford. To be a fly on that wall...

Meh, NYC is also a baseball city, an NFL city, a basketball city, a tennis city, a hockey city, a cricket city, a soccer city, a handball city, a boxing city...

Pac 12 doesn't have enough votes to expand, B1G doesn't look like they are in any hurry to expand, Former Big 12 looks like they might hold it together at least another season, Uconn, RU, and WVU are now hosed unless SEC decides to poach some ACC teams. Or WVU says it and applies to the Former Big 12 (only conference that may take them).

Meh, NYC is also a baseball city, an NFL city, a basketball city, a tennis city, a hockey city, a cricket city, a soccer city, a handball city, a boxing city...

yep, but for about 13 fall Saturdays, it is 1 hell of a college football City.

and those 13 days are worth it for a conference commish, for thats all he is concerned about.

the City can do whatever the fluck it wants the other 349 days of the year..

What does RU offer the B1G? A bottom dweller. Think about it, not everyone can win every game, there has to be a loser in each contest. They offer a sacrificial lamb in many athletic contests with the benefit of great academics, or at least perceived.

I admit, I rooted for Rutgers in their one glorious season. Of course, between being concerned with warzone operations and then watching afar from ACC country, I did not quite understand the consequences of my actions. I mean, this was Rutgers! The team that Graves and McNabb put up TECMO bowl numbers against!. It was quite a compelling story at the time.

Of course, any compassion I had has quickly soured to the point that I will watch their games (if easily available, free, and not in conflict with a superior match up) to root against them. My disdain for them comes down to this: a general lack of humility from their fanbase. They sucked for sooooo long, and then to act as if they are an elite program is comical. To take such pride in beating late P era teams and then owning GROB, I mean did we gloat so much over drubbing them in the McShea era? Hell, the GROB era taught (or should have taught) Cuse fans the importance of humility and being gracious in defeat and victory.

A lot of posters here have seen the lean and fat periods of Syracuse football. Many, if not all have acknowledged the limitations that this program faces in running a clean program. To be quite honest, I believe that this is reason that I'm such a Cuse football junkie, simply that to win at SU is that much more difficult. My local roots and blue collar upbringing make me identify with this team.

I for one am all for RU becoming cannonfodder for the B1G. Of course, I kind of relish in the fact they are twisting in the wind right now when faced with the economics of their situation. The gist of that times or journal piece that implied that they are running an impressive athletics' deficit and have to be supplemented from student fees. What was also implied was that they were looking at getting a bigger TV payout to better balance their books. Does that happen now?

To play such superior teams on a weekly basis and not the NCCU's of the world will expose them and expose them hard. They may recruit better according to the services, but the payoffs have been less than exemplary.

i think the ACC is waiting for the Big 12 to finally break up on the slim chance they could get Texas to join, if they dont get Texas or Notre Dame they may take uconn and rutgirls

The Big 10 already has a sacrificial lamb, though. It's called Northwestern.

the bars are JAMMED.

yesterday it was announced that the robert wood johnson medical school in nj will become part of rutgers university again (i believe this includes the school of dentistry. this is huge for them and congatulations to them. they continue to grow. i hope they get in the acc but i bet they will get into the b10. this merger has been on the burner for awhile and i find the timing of the announcement intriguing---politics at work again.

the bars are JAMMED.

You're delusional. Rutgers has always blown and will always blow.

The Big 10 already has a sacrificial lamb, though. It's called Northwestern.
Except that Northwestern is still garnishing votes in the polls. Perhaps you meant Indiana.

i think the ACC is waiting for the Big 12 to finally break up on the slim chance they could get Texas to join, if they dont get Texas or Notre Dame they may take uconn and rutgirls

Agreed. There is no hurry for ACC.

Agreed. There is no hurry for ACC.

Rutgers has recruited very well last three seasons with not much success. SU has some solid Jersey starters (Chibane, Spruill, etc) but still
hasnt beat shady for a NJ recruit with RU offer in a long time. If we can stay ACC for a stretch without RU that should change.