Rutgers Update | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Rutgers Update

Did anyone else notice that despite the exceptionally high level of talent the 'girls have, Al did not predict a victory.

4th in the country doing whose financial work... People in jersey are nuts

I love this post only for those of you who like this "rivalry". I hope you enjoy, and you should have to read every single word.

As for me, as much as I've loved reading the rantings of a lunatic, I'm sooo ready to move on. After this week, I will never open another thread with the word Rutgers in it. If I violate this, please ban me, because I will have earned it.

That post was a thing of beauty. What I will always appreciate about Al is his ability to see only positives in his team. Does he ever bash the opposition? I hope not. As a fan, there's nothing wrong with looking on the bright side. Come back soon, Al.

BTW--I disagree with most of his post. True, Rutgers has a stout defense, but they are beatable. I think if our offense can get it going for at least a drive or two, we will win a close, low scoring game. Rutgers kicking woes cost them 6-9 points. Cuse 17, Rutgers 13.

4th in the country doing whose financial work... People in jersey are nuts

Who knows --- given Al's demonstrated talent for expanding things --- just what this "financial work" entails. Bond trader? Bank teller? Collecting tolls in the NJ Turnpike?

I love Al on these boards. By far the most successful troller in Syracuse history! He just spews a bunch of nonsense and will get somewhere near 80 posts about how delusional he is. Been laughing at the responses for years Al! Take care.

just wondering how the best corner in the country gets burned by uconn...

Who knows --- given Al's demonstrated talent for expanding things --- just what this "financial work" entails. Bond trader? Bank teller? Collecting tolls in the NJ Turnpike?
I was thinking cash register at Walmart, but maybe you are right about the toll booth. Like that guy in the movie Big Fan. It gave him a lot of opportunity to work on his team rants.

I love this post only for those of you who like this "rivalry". I hope you enjoy, and you should have to read every single word.

As for me, as much as I've loved reading the rantings of a lunatic, I'm sooo ready to move on. After this week, I will never open another thread with the word Rutgers in it. If I violate this, please ban me, because I will have earned it.
lately every thread has the word rutgers in it.

we might have to put some provisions in on your statement...or you will be on the sidelines a whole hell of a lot.

I refuse to believe that there are people who are this delusional. I refuse I refuse I refuse...

teller.png

Well howdy boyz. Wish i could banter, but i'm currently working in the financial industry, which means long days and late nights, but thankfully decent dough :)

Truly regret that I am unable to attend this Saturdays pow wow, as one of my best friends from graduate school is getting married, so I'll be in Miami this weekend. Nevertheless, I thought I'd stop by to say a few words.

Rutgers might be the most complete college football team in America. We're like USC on offense and Alabama on defense. I would rank Rutgers #4 in the Country:

1. Alabama
2. South Carolina
3. Oregon
4. Rutgers
5. Florida

Rutgers has the ability to run effectively between the tackles thanks to the outstanding blocking of our top notch offensive line, which was significantly bolstered by the addition of Maryland transfer RJ Dill, who goes 6'6" 316 pounds. He has been rock solid, and should play Sundays next year. The line has paved the way for the likes of Jawan Jamison, who should be a Heisman trophy candidate one day. Savon Huggins sometimes spells Jawan, and he is a threat to take the ball, the distance. Jawans success in running the ball has at times made it easier for quarterback Gary Nova to do well. Nova threw for close to 400 yards against Arkansas, and might be the best quarterback in Rutgers history. Nova has been fairly successful, throwing to a receiving corp that is probably better than USCs. Brandon Coleman, all 6'6" of him, should be playing Sundays, either next year, or the year after. He is complemented by 6'4" Mark Harrison, who should be playing Sundays next year. Tim Wright, after being beset by injuries earlier in his career, is in midst of a career season, and should at the minimum get a shot to get paid playing in the league. Quron Pratt has been our most consistent receiver, and he too should get a chance to play professionally.

The wrs are complemented by a decent tight end corp. DC Jefferson, 6'6" should be playing sundays next year. Paul Carrezola, is a tough, gritty player, who has improved his blocking significantly this year. There are a multitude of other Rutgers superstar players, but i don't wan to bore you.

I know our offensive stats suck, but thats only because we can play conservatively, and still win by a decent amount. It personally drives me up the wall, but our new coach, coach Flood, seems to be doing things the way Coach Schiano did them. That means mitigate or avoid risks and take advantage of mistakes that opponents might make. Thus we've run the ball more than we've thrown, save for the Arkansas game, as they had a terrific passer.

Rutgers defense might be the best in the country. Its led by nose tackle scott vallone, who is joined by a multitude of other players at the 3 technique tackle position. Scott is relentless and has a terrific motor, and if he continues to maintain his play, should be an All American. LB Khaseem Greene is an All American LOCK. He has terrific instincts, and always seems to be around the football.

Logan Ryan might be the best corner in college football. There are rumours of him coming out after this year, but i have hopes that he'll return for another. Teams generally avoid throwing in Ryans direction, though he did get burned by Arkansas and Uconn.

safety Duron Harmon might be the best in college football. He too has terrific instincts, and always seems around the football.

well thats all for now. time for bed. nighty night!

I would put Rutgers at 1 or 2 , its clear Alabama and Rutgers are the two best teams in the land , Well done Al !!!!!

You would think he would want to be more like Auburn on defense since Arkansas didn't put up nearly 500 yards on the Tigers like they did RU ... but hey ... ya never know ...

Hilarious... UMass and RPI fans might not appreciate this next year!

Even though we may not play each other again, don't be a stranger. Even at the tailgates. You are always wlecome if passing through or if we go to the Pinstripe this year, come tailgate with us. I can say of the syracusefan tailgates you attended, you were the same person in victory or in defeat. Be well.

Funny I went to check out the RU board and their plan is to taunt us by chanting ACC. :crazy:

To be fair, I recall doing the same thing during the last BC game at the Dome. It was stupid by us, and it will be stupid by them. Jealousy.

Funny I went to check out the RU board and their plan is to taunt us by chanting ACC. :crazy:

I remember being in the Dome for the BC game shortly after they announced their future defection...our fans were chanting the same thing. :noidea:

wow. what a stretch. A cashier at a 24 hour mini-mart is working long hours and late nights in the financial industry. Then it just gets
crazy after that.
Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk 2

Well howdy boyz. Wish i could banter, but i'm currently working in the financial industry, which means long days and late nights, but thankfully decent dough :)

Truly regret that I am unable to attend this Saturdays pow wow, as one of my best friends from graduate school is getting married, so I'll be in Miami this weekend. Nevertheless, I thought I'd stop by to say a few words.

Rutgers might be the most complete college football team in America. We're like USC on offense and Alabama on defense. I would rank Rutgers #4 in the Country:

1. Alabama
2. South Carolina
3. Oregon
4. Rutgers
5. Florida

Rutgers has the ability to run effectively between the tackles thanks to the outstanding blocking of our top notch offensive line, which was significantly bolstered by the addition of Maryland transfer RJ Dill, who goes 6'6" 316 pounds. He has been rock solid, and should play Sundays next year. The line has paved the way for the likes of Jawan Jamison, who should be a Heisman trophy candidate one day. Savon Huggins sometimes spells Jawan, and he is a threat to take the ball, the distance. Jawans success in running the ball has at times made it easier for quarterback Gary Nova to do well. Nova threw for close to 400 yards against Arkansas, and might be the best quarterback in Rutgers history. Nova has been fairly successful, throwing to a receiving corp that is probably better than USCs. Brandon Coleman, all 6'6" of him, should be playing Sundays, either next year, or the year after. He is complemented by 6'4" Mark Harrison, who should be playing Sundays next year. Tim Wright, after being beset by injuries earlier in his career, is in midst of a career season, and should at the minimum get a shot to get paid playing in the league. Quron Pratt has been our most consistent receiver, and he too should get a chance to play professionally.

The wrs are complemented by a decent tight end corp. DC Jefferson, 6'6" should be playing sundays next year. Paul Carrezola, is a tough, gritty player, who has improved his blocking significantly this year. There are a multitude of other Rutgers superstar players, but i don't wan to bore you.

I know our offensive stats suck, but thats only because we can play conservatively, and still win by a decent amount. It personally drives me up the wall, but our new coach, coach Flood, seems to be doing things the way Coach Schiano did them. That means mitigate or avoid risks and take advantage of mistakes that opponents might make. Thus we've run the ball more than we've thrown, save for the Arkansas game, as they had a terrific passer.

Rutgers defense might be the best in the country. Its led by nose tackle scott vallone, who is joined by a multitude of other players at the 3 technique tackle position. Scott is relentless and has a terrific motor, and if he continues to maintain his play, should be an All American. LB Khaseem Greene is an All American LOCK. He has terrific instincts, and always seems to be around the football.

Logan Ryan might be the best corner in college football. There are rumours of him coming out after this year, but i have hopes that he'll return for another. Teams generally avoid throwing in Ryans direction, though he did get burned by Arkansas and Uconn.

safety Duron Harmon might be the best in college football. He too has terrific instincts, and always seems around the football.

well thats all for now. time for bed. nighty night!
Al it was good getting to know you. Never in my life was my initial impression as off to what I thought a person would be like compared to what it was when we met you. You're a good dude and a passionate fan, nothing wrong with that. As Bees said Godspeed and see you down the road somewhere.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom