Rutgers Update | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Rutgers Update

I am going to need some prozac after reading that,he's beyond help

I'm shocked by how conservative this was. #4? Rutgers must suck this year.

Good to hear from you Al, hope all is well.

Well howdy boyz. Wish i could banter, but i'm currently working in the financial industry, which means long days and late nights, but thankfully decent dough :)

Truly regret that I am unable to attend this Saturdays pow wow, as one of my best friends from graduate school is getting married, so I'll be in Miami this weekend. Nevertheless, I thought I'd stop by to say a few words.

Rutgers might be the most complete college football team in America. We're like USC on offense and Alabama on defense. I would rank Rutgers #4 in the Country:

1. Alabama
2. South Carolina
3. Oregon
4. Rutgers
5. Florida

Rutgers has the ability to run effectively between the tackles thanks to the outstanding blocking of our top notch offensive line, which was significantly bolstered by the addition of Maryland transfer RJ Dill, who goes 6'6" 316 pounds. He has been rock solid, and should play Sundays next year. The line has paved the way for the likes of Jawan Jamison, who should be a Heisman trophy candidate one day. Savon Huggins sometimes spells Jawan, and he is a threat to take the ball, the distance. Jawans success in running the ball has at times made it easier for quarterback Gary Nova to do well. Nova threw for close to 400 yards against Arkansas, and might be the best quarterback in Rutgers history. Nova has been fairly successful, throwing to a receiving corp that is probably better than USCs. Brandon Coleman, all 6'6" of him, should be playing Sundays, either next year, or the year after. He is complemented by 6'4" Mark Harrison, who should be playing Sundays next year. Tim Wright, after being beset by injuries earlier in his career, is in midst of a career season, and should at the minimum get a shot to get paid playing in the league. Quron Pratt has been our most consistent receiver, and he too should get a chance to play professionally.

The wrs are complemented by a decent tight end corp. DC Jefferson, 6'6" should be playing sundays next year. Paul Carrezola, is a tough, gritty player, who has improved his blocking significantly this year. There are a multitude of other Rutgers superstar players, but i don't wan to bore you.

I know our offensive stats suck, but thats only because we can play conservatively, and still win by a decent amount. It personally drives me up the wall, but our new coach, coach Flood, seems to be doing things the way Coach Schiano did them. That means mitigate or avoid risks and take advantage of mistakes that opponents might make. Thus we've run the ball more than we've thrown, save for the Arkansas game, as they had a terrific passer.

Rutgers defense might be the best in the country. Its led by nose tackle scott vallone, who is joined by a multitude of other players at the 3 technique tackle position. Scott is relentless and has a terrific motor, and if he continues to maintain his play, should be an All American. LB Khaseem Greene is an All American LOCK. He has terrific instincts, and always seems to be around the football.

Logan Ryan might be the best corner in college football. There are rumours of him coming out after this year, but i have hopes that he'll return for another. Teams generally avoid throwing in Ryans direction, though he did get burned by Arkansas and Uconn.

safety Duron Harmon might be the best in college football. He too has terrific instincts, and always seems around the football.

well thats all for now. time for bed. nighty night!

Whoa, the financial industry...pray tell...what exactly are you doing in that industry...perhaps arbitrage; intl finance; gold markets, derivitives...what...come on your bigger tease in this post is not that Rutgers is a very good football team, its that you are working in the financial industry...gosh..what could that be?

Who knows --- given Al's demonstrated talent for expanding things --- just what this "financial work" entails. Bond trader? Bank teller? Collecting tolls in the NJ Turnpike?

My first thought was Ebay selling bobbleheads.
images

Well howdy boyz. Wish i could banter, but i'm currently working in the financial industry, which means long days and late nights, but thankfully decent dough :)

Truly regret that I am unable to attend this Saturdays pow wow, as one of my best friends from graduate school is getting married, so I'll be in Miami this weekend. Nevertheless, I thought I'd stop by to say a few words.

Rutgers might be the most complete college football team in America. We're like USC on offense and Alabama on defense. I would rank Rutgers #4 in the Country:

1. Alabama
2. South Carolina
3. Oregon
4. Rutgers
5. Florida

Surprised you have Rutgers ranked so low honestly. I'm sure you're just trying to lull us to sleep with false modesty here though.

Rutgers has the ability to run effectively between the tackles thanks to the outstanding blocking of our top notch offensive line, which was significantly bolstered by the addition of Maryland transfer RJ Dill, who goes 6'6" 316 pounds. He has been rock solid, and should play Sundays next year. The line has paved the way for the likes of Jawan Jamison, who should be a Heisman trophy candidate one day. Savon Huggins sometimes spells Jawan, and he is a threat to take the ball, the distance. Jawans success in running the ball has at times made it easier for quarterback Gary Nova to do well.

Pitt had massive O Linemen last week as well. It didn't do much for them. Reality is Jamison will be the 6th or 7th best RB our defense has seen this year. Scheduling up early in the season has perks like this. USC wouldn't trade either or their top 2 for an RU rb, Venric Mark from NW, Graham from Pitt, Maysonet from Stony Brook and possibly even Coker from Stony Brook are better RB's. JJ had 48 yards on 24 carries vs Cuse last year. That doesn't win you heismans.

Nova threw for close to 400 yards against Arkansas, and might be the best quarterback in Rutgers history. Nova has been fairly successful, throwing to a receiving corp that is probably better than USCs. Brandon Coleman, all 6'6" of him, should be playing Sundays, either next year, or the year after. He is complemented by 6'4" Mark Harrison, who should be playing Sundays next year. Tim Wright, after being beset by injuries earlier in his career, is in midst of a career season, and should at the minimum get a shot to get paid playing in the league. Quron Pratt has been our most consistent receiver, and he too should get a chance to play professionally.

Please post this on the USC board about your WR's vs their 2 starting future first rounders. Your best WR from last year graduated and the guys you have now haven't been setting the world on fire. They're big but aside from that they aren't exactly great route runners or fleet of foot. RU qb's vs SU haven't done so hot in recent years. You need Nova to manage the game, if he has to try and carry the team you're going to be in for a long day.

The wrs are complemented by a decent tight end corp. DC Jefferson, 6'6" should be playing sundays next year. Paul Carrezola, is a tough, gritty player, who has improved his blocking significantly this year. There are a multitude of other Rutgers superstar players, but i don't wan to bore you.

I know our offensive stats suck, but thats only because we can play conservatively, and still win by a decent amount. It personally drives me up the wall, but our new coach, coach Flood, seems to be doing things the way Coach Schiano did them. That means mitigate or avoid risks and take advantage of mistakes that opponents might make. Thus we've run the ball more than we've thrown, save for the Arkansas game, as they had a terrific passer.

Your offensive stats suck because your offense isn't that good. They are good enough to let your defense wins games but 5 games in and you've only played 1 defense that is worthwhile. You put up 280 yards and 13 points against them. The stats tell the story pretty accurately about who your offense is.

Coach Flood seems to be doing things better than Schiano did though since he is winning games. It'll be funny to see Schiano flame out in the NFL and not be able to go running back to Rutgers as a fall back. You're team is in a better place with Flood at coach.

Rutgers defense might be the best in the country. Its led by nose tackle scott vallone, who is joined by a multitude of other players at the 3 technique tackle position. Scott is relentless and has a terrific motor, and if he continues to maintain his play, should be an All American. LB Khaseem Greene is an All American LOCK. He has terrific instincts, and always seems to be around the football.

Vallone has been invisible vs SU in the past. Greene is a stud though, no arguement there.

Logan Ryan might be the best corner in college football. There are rumours of him coming out after this year, but i have hopes that he'll return for another. Teams generally avoid throwing in Ryans direction, though he did get burned by Arkansas and Uconn.

No he's not. He might not even be the best on the field this weekend.

safety Duron Harmon might be the best in college football. He too has terrific instincts, and always seems around the football.

No not correct there either. He's your version of Shamarko Thomas. I understand why RU fans love him but he's not the best in the country he's simply very solid.

well thats all for now. time for bed. nighty night!

Appreciate the optimism always even though it is for another team. Expecting a good game once again this weekend.

I believe he trades binary options.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Just saw this Rutgers-related headline:
Greg Schiano’s son suspended for remainder of regular season for cursing at official

Have scientists/geneticists been able to identify the "azzhole" gene that is sometimes passed from father to son?

I love this post only for those of you who like this "rivalry". I hope you enjoy, and you should have to read every single word.

As for me, as much as I've loved reading the rantings of a lunatic, I'm sooo ready to move on. After this week, I will never open another thread with the word Rutgers in it. If I violate this, please ban me, because I will have earned it.

We'll put you in a room with a naked woman for 12 hours, from Rutgers too. That will teach you.

Just saw this Rutgers-related headline:
Greg Schiano’s son suspended for remainder of regular season for cursing at official

Have scientists/geneticists been able to identify the "azzhole" gene that is sometimes passed from father to son?

I saw that something happened with Schiano the Younger, but I just assumed he tried to take out an old woman's knees after she got the last loaf of bread at the grocery store or something.

We'll put you in a room with a naked woman for 12 hours, from Rutgers too. That will teach you.

When they beat us in 1999, I was at the Adams Morgan Bar Crawl. Saw a girl cheering for them, couldn't believe they had an actual fan back then. Ended up hooking up with her and never calling her, because in my mind that was revenge. I was very mature (and very heterosexual) in my mid 20s.

I'm disappointed. Obviously the new job is taking a toll because this felt like a really watered down version of a RutgersAl post.

Again though, another year for of us playing an NFL squad. It's going to be tough to stay in this one.

Yeah, only one "all caps" in that whole post? Al is slipping. Oh for the days of Al hyping BIG Mike Fladell!...

Funny I went to check out the RU board and their plan is to taunt us by chanting ACC. :crazy:

That would be like Yankee fans chanting "29 million" at ARod after he strikes out.

That would be like Yankee fans chanting "29 million" at ARod after he strikes out.

Good point ... gives real life to the phrase, "Laughing all the way to the bank".

"ACC, ACC, ACC" from RU fans would be yet another data point that shows this is the dumbest fan base in CFB.

Everyone in the stadium knows that Rutgers would kill to get in the ACC.

Chanting "ACC" is what SU fans would do if this were a home game in the Dome. I will welcome the Rutgers fans chanting it. I think the SU fans in attendance should join the chant.

It would be like Jets/Bills fans chanting "Gisele Bundchen" at Tom Brady.

Rutgers might be the most complete college football team in America. We're like USC on offense and Alabama on defense. I would rank Rutgers #4 in the Country
Al is a believer in his team. He's the king of optimists and doesn't get down on his team even if they lose. He's a tad over the edge, but there's a big part of Al I really like. Even if I don't really care if Rutgers ever really thrives, I hope the best for you, Al. Oddly, I think this board likes you more than most of your fellow Rutgers fans. That has to be a good thing.

Good point ... gives real life to the phrase, "Laughing all the way to the bank".

"ACC, ACC, ACC" from RU fans would be yet another data point that shows this is the dumbest fan base in CFB.

Everyone in the stadium knows that Rutgers would kill to get in the ACC.

I was the BC game in 2004. At the end the SU contingent started the ACC chant, which I found odd for the same reason. The BC fans weren't there to retort as they had left throughout the game leaving their sombrero hats behind.

I was the BC game in 2004. At the end the SU contingent started the ACC chant, which I found odd for the same reason. The BC fans weren't there to retort as they had left throughout the game leaving their sombrero hats behind.

Well, didn't we also do that at the dome after handling them quite easily and they just announced they were going to the ACC? Ahh, to be young and stupid.

As bad as SU has been in the new century (2000+), after going back and looking at games v. Rutgers, surprisingly, we are 6-6 against the juggernaut. In our worst of times, we split with the football behemoth that Rutgers believes it is. I shouldn't really care, but if you look at how Rutgers views the recent "rivalry", one would think they at least won more than they lost v. us. Cripe, I half believed it myself until I looked it up.

Well, didn't we also do that at the dome after handling them quite easily and they just announced they were going to the ACC? Ahh, to be young and stupid.

I remember monopoly money being thrown from the stands in the 2003 game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom