Rutgers Update | Syracusefan.com

Rutgers Update

RutgersAl

Walk On
Well howdy boyz. Wish i could banter, but i'm currently working in the financial industry, which means long days and late nights, but thankfully decent dough :)

Truly regret that I am unable to attend this Saturdays pow wow, as one of my best friends from graduate school is getting married, so I'll be in Miami this weekend. Nevertheless, I thought I'd stop by to say a few words.

Rutgers might be the most complete college football team in America. We're like USC on offense and Alabama on defense. I would rank Rutgers #4 in the Country:

1. Alabama
2. South Carolina
3. Oregon
4. Rutgers
5. Florida

Rutgers has the ability to run effectively between the tackles thanks to the outstanding blocking of our top notch offensive line, which was significantly bolstered by the addition of Maryland transfer RJ Dill, who goes 6'6" 316 pounds. He has been rock solid, and should play Sundays next year. The line has paved the way for the likes of Jawan Jamison, who should be a Heisman trophy candidate one day. Savon Huggins sometimes spells Jawan, and he is a threat to take the ball, the distance. Jawans success in running the ball has at times made it easier for quarterback Gary Nova to do well. Nova threw for close to 400 yards against Arkansas, and might be the best quarterback in Rutgers history. Nova has been fairly successful, throwing to a receiving corp that is probably better than USCs. Brandon Coleman, all 6'6" of him, should be playing Sundays, either next year, or the year after. He is complemented by 6'4" Mark Harrison, who should be playing Sundays next year. Tim Wright, after being beset by injuries earlier in his career, is in midst of a career season, and should at the minimum get a shot to get paid playing in the league. Quron Pratt has been our most consistent receiver, and he too should get a chance to play professionally.

The wrs are complemented by a decent tight end corp. DC Jefferson, 6'6" should be playing sundays next year. Paul Carrezola, is a tough, gritty player, who has improved his blocking significantly this year. There are a multitude of other Rutgers superstar players, but i don't wan to bore you.

I know our offensive stats suck, but thats only because we can play conservatively, and still win by a decent amount. It personally drives me up the wall, but our new coach, coach Flood, seems to be doing things the way Coach Schiano did them. That means mitigate or avoid risks and take advantage of mistakes that opponents might make. Thus we've run the ball more than we've thrown, save for the Arkansas game, as they had a terrific passer.

Rutgers defense might be the best in the country. Its led by nose tackle scott vallone, who is joined by a multitude of other players at the 3 technique tackle position. Scott is relentless and has a terrific motor, and if he continues to maintain his play, should be an All American. LB Khaseem Greene is an All American LOCK. He has terrific instincts, and always seems to be around the football.

Logan Ryan might be the best corner in college football. There are rumours of him coming out after this year, but i have hopes that he'll return for another. Teams generally avoid throwing in Ryans direction, though he did get burned by Arkansas and Uconn.

safety Duron Harmon might be the best in college football. He too has terrific instincts, and always seems around the football.

well thats all for now. time for bed. nighty night!

This post:
0STGp.gif

Does Chuck Norris play for you also? Or maybe he only backs up Scott Vallone.

And you might be the most delusional fan in the ..country. Get some help.

Give RutgersAl some credit, he was humble enough to rank Rutgers as #4 in the country...(OK, I couldn't keep a straight face while typing that, but I tried).

I would agree that Rutger's Defense is good, but it remains untested to date to determine exactly how good. I'm not sold on Rutger's offense, either. Too many inconsistencies, but they have the one stat that matters in the end, they have W's. I respect their Turn Over ratio and think their special teams do a good job. Rutgers seems to like the play solid, take advantage of your opponent's mistakes, kind of game instead of truly attacking (low risk, low reward v. high risk, high reward).

They are beatable, but we cannot play like we did against Pitt. If we play lights out like the Northwestern and USC games, we win. If we play lie we did at Pitt, they win.

Rutgers might be the most complete college football team in America. We're like USC on offense and Alabama on defense. I would rank Rutgers #4 in the Country:

1. Alabama
2. South Carolina
3. Oregon
4. Rutgers
5. Florida

Hey RutgersAl what company do you work for? I would like to know where not to put my money with predictions like that. You must be out buying up swampland by the bunch.

I'm disappointed. Obviously the new job is taking a toll because this felt like a really watered down version of a RutgersAl post.

Again though, another year for of us playing an NFL squad. It's going to be tough to stay in this one.

And you might be the most delusional fan in the ..country. Get some help.
The absolute end point on the normal curve - the most delusional fan within the most delusional fan base in the country.

I'm thinking Al finally met a girl and now realizes that there's a whole new world out there outside of his moms basement. Maybe if she has some sisters he can introduce some of the other rutgers posters to them and they too will realize that the sun really isn't toxic and there is more to life than posting ridiculous crap about their favorite team.

After reading that,I think we should tell Coach Maronne that there's no point in playing this game. We should spare the chance of getting someone hurt and just give them the game. It sounds like Rutgers should be playing on Sundays. Maybe Schiano can just switch and take the Rutgers team instead of Tampa.

Well howdy boyz. Wish i could banter, but i'm currently working in the financial industry, which means long days and late nights, but thankfully decent dough :)

Truly regret that I am unable to attend this Saturdays pow wow, as one of my best friends from graduate school is getting married, so I'll be in Miami this weekend. Nevertheless, I thought I'd stop by to say a few words.

1. Alabama
2. South Carolina
3. Oregon
4. Rutgers
5. Florida

Rutgers has the ability to run effectively between the tackles thanks to the outstanding blocking of our top notch offensive line, which was significantly bolstered by the addition of Maryland transfer RJ Dill, who goes 6'6" 316 pounds. He has been rock solid, and should play Sundays next year. The line has paved the way for the likes of Jawan Jamison, who should be a Heisman trophy candidate one day. Savon Huggins sometimes spells Jawan, and he is a threat to take the ball, the distance. Jawans success in running the ball has at times made it easier for quarterback Gary Nova to do well. Nova threw for close to 400 yards against Arkansas, and might be the best quarterback in Rutgers history. Nova has been fairly successful, throwing to a receiving corp that is probably better than USCs. Brandon Coleman, all 6'6" of him, should be playing Sundays, either next year, or the year after. He is complemented by 6'4" Mark Harrison, who should be playing Sundays next year. Tim Wright, after being beset by injuries earlier in his career, is in midst of a career season, and should at the minimum get a shot to get paid playing in the league. Quron Pratt has been our most consistent receiver, and he too should get a chance to play professionally.

The wrs are complemented by a decent tight end corp. DC Jefferson, 6'6" should be playing sundays next year. Paul Carrezola, is a tough, gritty player, who has improved his blocking significantly this year. There are a multitude of other Rutgers superstar players, but i don't wan to bore you.

I know our offensive stats suck, but thats only because we can play conservatively, and still win by a decent amount. It personally drives me up the wall, but our new coach, coach Flood, seems to be doing things the way Coach Schiano did them. That means mitigate or avoid risks and take advantage of mistakes that opponents might make. Thus we've run the ball more than we've thrown, save for the Arkansas game, as they had a terrific passer.

Rutgers defense might be the best in the country. Its led by nose tackle scott vallone, who is joined by a multitude of other players at the 3 technique tackle position. Scott is relentless and has a terrific motor, and if he continues to maintain his play, should be an All American. LB Khaseem Greene is an All American LOCK. He has terrific instincts, and always seems to be around the football.

Logan Ryan might be the best corner in college football. There are rumours of him coming out after this year, but i have hopes that he'll return for another. Teams generally avoid throwing in Ryans direction, though he did get burned by Arkansas and Uconn.

safety Duron Harmon might be the best in college football. He too has terrific instincts, and always seems around the football.

well thats all for now. time for bed. nighty night!

Oh no, we are surely doomed.

Been fun bantering with you over the years. Too bad it has to end. Good luck in the future and perhaps we will meet again in a bowl game sometime down the road.

I'm disappointed. Obviously the new job is taking a toll because this felt like a really watered down version of a RutgersAl post.

Again though, another year for of us playing an NFL squad. It's going to be tough to stay in this one.
Agree Al's post seems a little watered down compared to prior years. Heck he didn't even come up with nicknames for his All-Americans and "guys who will be playing on Sundays." I kinda miss the "Killer..." or "Big Man..." names he came up with, always worth a chuckle.

Classic Al. If you need help finding the SMU, Navy, Memphis, UCF, San Diego St., or Houston message boards next year, stop on by, we will help you out.

He left this part out. "We really pounded Howard."

i dont know whats better, Al's post or the fact that he helped to out a few clueless posters here.

thanks Al for 15 years of this!! 20 years from now, which will make 20 years since ive probably seen a post by you...i will still remember you fondly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom