Ryan Bartow leaving for FSU | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Ryan Bartow leaving for FSU

I follow the team fairly closely and couldn't even remember who this was at first. So what? This is a hustle position is it not? We need someone who's eager and will work their ass off. And then in a few years, hopefully they get a better job. Such is the nature of the job/business.

I follow the team fairly closely and couldn't even remember who this was at first. So what? This is a hustle position is it not? We need someone who's eager and will work their ass off. And then in a few years, hopefully they get a better job. Such is the nature of the job/business.

I read the thread title and thought "why is fsu taking one our walk on olineman?" Got curious enough to look when thread hit 50 replies

Bartow was very connected to HS coaches and prospects. I year of recruiting rankings doesnt put a value on what he was doing behind the scenes. He planted a lot of seeds. The type of seeds that would have been useful to us after a disappointing 2020 season. Im a little worried about this cycle. Dino needs to go outside the box again on his replacement. Anyone that has connections and can help land prospects in a unconventional way.

Last edited:
Even at the same pay, due to the delta in income taxation of NY vs. FLA.
And also property taxes too, HUGE delta there.
In the words of, Jan Brady, "Delta, Delta, Delta."

Tallahassee sucks. And, you go past the city limits and you are in toothless-white-guy country.
Toothless GIF by memecandy

I look at it possibly the opposite way. Maybe he was "given the talk" at the end of the season just like all the other coaches - and players.

According to his profile, he was primarily assisting with OCVs and contributed to prioritizing the recruitment board. OCVs are non-existent this past year.

Not sure if he got poached or if someone helped him find his next job.

I'd take Cuse in February over Tallahassee in August by a huge margin. Shoveling snow >>> having to machete through the air
Amen to that. My kids complain when I keep the house at 68. Too damn hot.

I have to routinely check 1 of their rooms, because he was keeping it in the 30s. Thats a bit excessive, but its almost always easier to put on a layer and be comfy, than escape from oppressive heat.

Amen to that. My kids complain when I keep the house at 68. Too damn hot.

I have to routinely check 1 of their rooms, because he was keeping it in the 30s. Thats a bit excessive, but its almost always easier to put on a layer and be comfy, than escape from oppressive heat.

Yes, exactly - if it's cold, one can always put on a little more clothing.

In oppressive heat, once you're naked, what else can you do, clothing-wise? ;)

You only maneuver from your air conditioned home to your air conditioned car to whatever air conditioned location you are trying to get to. Not trying to hang out outside in either one but I've lived in both and FL Summer is still better than NY Winter and it's not really close.

You only maneuver from your air conditioned home to your air conditioned car to whatever air conditioned location you are trying to get to. Not trying to hang out outside in either one but I've lived in both and FL Summer is still better than NY Winter and it's not really close.

yeah, but - you can say the exact same thing for what to do in cold weather.

Heated house to heated car to heated office or whatever.

Why would you want to live someplace where you cannot 'hang outside' for months at a time?
I like the outdoors, even in the winter when it's cold.
If you dress properly, it's fine.

That said - there are no clothing options that make a 90+ day of heat AND humidity tolerable.

Pray for death? Hose down the elderly?

My staycation was the hottest weak of the year. Miserable. I hid in my house. I'd only go out to check the smoker during daylight. Before I even fired it up, the temp probe read 127 degrees, one day
(In the sun, of course).

I'd exchange 2 months of freezing temps, over 1 weak of oppressive heat every single time. At least I can go outside.

I look at it possibly the opposite way. Maybe he was "given the talk" at the end of the season just like all the other coaches - and players.

According to his profile, he was primarily assisting with OCVs and contributed to prioritizing the recruitment board. OCVs are non-existent this past year.

Not sure if he got poached or if someone helped him find his next job.
Now that’s a way to spin it.

yeah, but - you can say the exact same thing for what to do in cold weather.

Heated house to heated car to heated office or whatever.

Why would you want to live someplace where you cannot 'hang outside' for months at a time?
I like the outdoors, even in the winter when it's cold.
If you dress properly, it's fine.

That said - there are no clothing options that make a 90+ day of heat AND humidity tolerable.
Personally when it's 90 out, I still go sit at an open air beach bar and drink cold beers and stare at the water and that beats pretty much anything available to do in winter. And that's from someone who had a snowmobile and most years a season lift ticket.

Meh, the guy would rather work in Florida than in New York. So what. It’s common in college football for these types of positions to turnover frequently.
He went from Oregon to New York to Florida in just a few years.

My only complaint is that it takes Dino ages to hire anyone. Surely he has a short list with names on it for these situations. We are actively recruiting offensive linemen without an OL coach.