Ryan Nassib's Place among all time Cuse QB's ? | Syracusefan.com

Ryan Nassib's Place among all time Cuse QB's ?

Don

2nd String
If Ryan Nassib comes out and throws 26-28 TD passes and keeps his interceptions around 9-10 like last year an throws for about 3200 yards or so, where would you rank him on the alltime list? I beleive if he throws 28 TD's he will have 70 career TD passes if he throws for 3200 yards he will have over 7000 yard for a career. I think they make a bowl this year and if that is the case he will have led the team to two bowls in his three years a starter after the dismal 4-5 years before him.

I think if he has the kind of year I described above I think he is only below Mcpherson who is 1, Mcnabb who I think is 2 and Marvin Graves who i think is 3.

what do you think?

4th

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

tie with nunes behind mcnabb, mcpherson, graves, philcox, mason

Agreed. He has been about on par with Troy Nunes.

QB is all about wins, IMO. Hopefully Nassib can get us at least 6 this year and lead team to a pair of bowls in his tenure. But he is not the fourth-best QB in Syracuse history, despite the numbers.

Imagine if he has passing #s that look good on paper and we don't go to a bowl. Would you put him 4th? That would mean the 4th ranked QB went to 1 bowl in 4 years, a bowl largely credited to the defense. Doesn't say much for a school with football tradition.

So if we don't go to a bowl game, I'm going to use fake names to fill out the top 5 if I'm asked, before Nassib goes on that list.

Let's hope he has a senior renaissance like some of his predecessors and we do get a 13th game.

Philcox had a great senior season but the problem with putting him and Mason ahead of Nassib is the length of their careers.

QB is all about wins, IMO. Hopefully Nassib can get us at least 6 this year and lead team to a pair of bowls in his tenure. But he is not the fourth-best QB in Syracuse history, despite the numbers.

Over a career, who is 4th then?

Disagree. With a good season this year, RN is ahead of Nunes -- though Troy Nunes was an absolute magician.

Ryan already ranks as the best since McNabb. it would have been interesting to see what he could have done with 90's talent around him. He might rank at least with Graves. The two Donnie Macs need to be #1-2. Don should have won the Heisman and Donovan was our biggest talent.

A word for Dave Sarette. Not only did he quarterback us to the naitonal championship in 1959, but did you know we led the nation in touchdown passes that year?

Mason played one season - a season we didn't even go bowling. I could see it if he passed for 4000 yards or was a Heisman contender...maybe. Same with Philcox. If Nassib has a big season, wins another bowl game, I don't see how you could put either of those 1 year guys ahead of a 3 year starter with better stats and 2 bowl wins.

Post 1980 it's McPherson, McNabb, Graves, Nassib and it's not even arguable except for the order of the first 2. I prefer this order but I can see the argument of McNabb for #1. The first 3 are in their own tier and then Nassib is the best of the rest.

At first read, I scoffed at this. Then I started to think of the QB's we've had since DM. Yikes. I'm not too high on RN, I don't care what his overall numbers look like, I base that on what I see on the field--granted it's not all his fault (lack of skill position players/coaching/etc..) but I think it's more of an indicator of just how bad the position has been the last 10+ years more than he deserves the ranking. I still have him behind Philcox and Mason, even though they only started for a brief part of their careers. I just think they were better.

That said, he has this upcoming year to leave his mark.

There is no way he is behind Troy "the human turn-over machine" Nunes, to even suggest so is silly. At no point has Ryan run around behind the line of scrimmage dropped back 20 yards then flung out a duck destined to be intercepted. Troy was not the sharpest tool in the shed, Ryan is way more intelligent and has a better understanding of concepts.

nassib is the wrong kind of qb for this team. he needs to be more mobile and create for a run or pass

If Ryan Nassib comes out and throws 26-28 TD passes and keeps his interceptions around 9-10 like last year an throws for about 3200 yards or so, where would you rank him on the alltime list? I beleive if he throws 28 TD's he will have 70 career TD passes if he throws for 3200 yards he will have over 7000 yard for a career. I think they make a bowl this year and if that is the case he will have led the team to two bowls in his three years a starter after the dismal 4-5 years before him.

I think if he has the kind of year I described above I think he is only below Mcpherson who is 1, Mcnabb who I think is 2 and Marvin Graves who i think is 3.

what do you think?

He's already 4th. He is going to be 1st, 2nd, or 3rd in almost every season and career category after this year.. If he had a year like you list above he is going to blow away most of the single season records. He will have three years as a starter, Graves and McNabb had four, all three guys in front of him had much better surrounding talent.

If you are looking at overall performance at the position it's Graves, McNabb, McPherson. McPherson had a magical season, but Todd Philcox went 10-2 the next year. That tells you what kind of talent was on the team. Nassib hasn't had the benifit of being surrounded by pros.

Ryan already ranks as the best since McNabb. it would have been interesting to see what he could have done with 90's talent around him. He might rank at least with Graves. The two Donnie Macs need to be #1-2. Don should have won the Heisman and Donovan was our biggest talent.

A word for Dave Sarette. Not only did he quarterback us to the naitonal championship in 1959, but did you know we led the nation in touchdown passes that year?
Sarette also played on a run first team.

How do people think these rankings should even go? Most accumulated stats? Best QBs you ever saw play here? Putting Nassib anywhere near the 3 Ms doesn't make much sense to me given all the ways they positively impacted the offense and all of the team success that went along with it.

I look forward to the next QB who sometime approach the radar of those 3.

How do people think these rankings should even go? Most accumulated stats? Best QBs you ever saw play here? Putting Nassib anywhere near the 3 Ms doesn't make much sense to me given all the ways they positively impacted the offense and all of the team success that went along with it.

I look forward to the next QB who sometime approach the radar of those 3.
I
He will be here in January.

If Nassib had the Harrison's and KJ's to throw to, his numbers would be much better. Lemon and Sales should help big-time with his numbers this year though.

Hearing their chemisty is awesome right now. To be seen...

I am bumping this because Nassib's career is officially over at SU.

That being said, I'd have him at #2 behind McNabb.

Thoughts?

I am bumping this because Nassib's career is officially over at SU.

That being said, I'd have him at #2 behind McNabb.

Thoughts?
I think 4 is fair - McNabb, Graves/McPherson, then Nassib.