Ryder Cup 2018 | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Ryder Cup 2018

Anonymous Ryder Cup member: Reed full of it

Someone on the United States' Ryder Cup team has zero patience with Patrick Reed questioning the pairings after this weekend's blowout loss to Europe.

Reed essentially threw captain Jim Furyk under the bus by telling The New York Times on Sunday that he was "blindsided" by not playing with Jordan Spieth after the pair's past success in international competitions.

"He is so full of s---,'' a member of Team USA told the New York Post on Monday. "Blindsided, my ass. He begged to play with Tiger [Woods].''

Someone on the United States' Ryder Cup team has zero patience with Patrick Reed questioning the pairings after this weekend's blowout loss to Europe.

Reed essentially threw captain Jim Furyk under the bus by telling The New York Times on Sunday that he was "blindsided" by not playing with Jordan Spieth after the pair's past success in international competitions.

"He is so full of s---,'' a member of Team USA told the New York Post on Monday. "Blindsided, my ass. He begged to play with Tiger [Woods].''

Cowtown already posted it. Lol. That’s twice today.

My guess is Fowler or Thomas said it to defend Speith who is their close friend.
Phil would just say it as he doesn’t do anonymity he would just say it like he did with Watson in 2014.

My guess is Dechambeau said the stuff about Reed.

#1. Gets along well with Tiger
#2. Reed took his partnership role with Tiger that he thought he should get.

What a bunch of bleeping prima donnas. Makes me want to root against all of them.

In other words, not watch golf.

Last edited:
While US Golfers have got friendlier with each other, it seems to be more "clique" based rather than the overall team camaraderie the Europeans appear to have. Seems to be causing problems.

DowPOo4VAAABkBj.jpg

Like it.

Hogan has it right. It's about the players and their talent. With all the US referendums they no longer believe in themselves -- if they are paired with someone they don't like or agree with, mentally they are beat. It's ridiculous for a better team to think this way.

And while the "system" is more criticized when they lose, to be fair it doesn't only happen when they lose. Even when they win more praise is given to how they paired and managed the players, than praising how well they played. It is just odd.

While US Golfers have got friendlier with each other, it seems to be more "clique" based rather than the overall team camaraderie the Europeans appear to have. Seems to be causing problems.

Speith's crew arriving at the course

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom