Ryder Cup 2018 | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Ryder Cup 2018

we were fortunate to be 3-1 in the morning. Rose's team fell apart and Rory was awful. I still think we have the better team but sit Phil until Sunday and hope Tiger isn't exhausted and that Reed shows up. I don't have faith in Bubba or Simpson.

Europe potentially going 4-0 in back to back sessions.

USA down in all 4 matches as they make the turn home for the final 4 holes.

As I type this Speith and Finau knock a few shots stiff. (in aggregate they are 8 down amongst the 4 groups, but maybe this is the trigger for a charge back to steal a point or 1.5 this session).

Finau misses the 6 footer, Sergio hits about a 20 footer, and Europe steals a point.

Americans have managed to square 2 matches. (Down 4, Down 2 in the ohter)

Finau and Koepka were 4 down after 13 holes... they are now just 1 down with 2 holes to go.

Justin Thomas taunting the crowd after hitting the putt... when the Americans are down 8-3, and have lost the last 8 games that had teed off before him. Schmuck.

Finau was just announced as the final pick. No surprise. May be the best Ryder Cup team ever.
Or it may not be. Americans need to get their head out of their arses.

Phil is being benched for all of day 2.
DJ/Koepka
Simpson/Bubba
DeChambeau/Woods
Spieth/Thomas

I would prefer Reed over Tiger in 4somes.

This Bubba/Simpson pairing is firable offense for Furyk.
They play scared.

This Bubba/Simpson pairing is firable offense for Furyk.
They play scared.

Well that one turned out well so far knock on wood. As much as I hate to agree with Johnny Miller, don't get Woods and DeChambeau

Well that one turned out well so far knock on wood. As much as I hate to agree with Johnny Miller, don't get Woods and DeChambeau
I reverse jinxed them.
Really need the meathead duo to turn around their match.

Meatheads 1 down with 6 to go.
They need to flip that match or atleast get a half.

Tiger does not deserve to play more than Finau. The whole "committee" thing is a farce and Furyk bowed to his personal relationships.

That prediction was the kiss of death.

The best doesn’t always win. It’s the best collection of US golfers ever.

Molinari owns Tiger ever since Tiger quit on the 18th hole at Medinah and conceded the halve.

As they just mentioned on the broadcast, don't get the decision to sit Finau.

The best doesn’t always win. It’s the best collection of US golfers ever.

Your opinion, very subjective. Ryder Cup is a different animal. For example Tiger may be the greatest golfer of all time but his Ryder Cup record in non-singles is horrific.

Last edited:
The Tiger media is spinning his 0-3 performance as he and his teammates ran into a buzzsaw in Molinari/Fleetwood. His singles record 4-1-2, so maybe be can get a point tomorrow. His other matches he's 9-19-1. Not a team player.

Can't talk about the second session with Dechambeau, In his first 2 matches, Tiger played just average but could have won at least a point if his partner Reed was at least playing decently.

Reed would have had a hard time making a cut on a WebCom tour event with the way he was playing. His biggest ambition this week entering the event was taunting the fans, and his game quickly spiraled out of control. Is that a team player?

Need to win 6 of those first 8 to have a chance, then split the final four

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom