Class of 2019 - S Cornelius Nunn Jr (FL) SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE 12/19/18 | Page 13 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 S Cornelius Nunn Jr (FL) SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE 12/19/18

Miami Palmetto three-star defensive back Cornelius Nunn shot up Miami's board following a strong spring evaluation period which included a two-touchdown performance in front of UM assistant Jonathan Patke. The rangy athlete is currently committed to Syracuse, but after attending last month's Paradise Camp it appears the the Hurricanes are in prime position to flip Nunn from the Orange and he isn't afraid to state that. The senior, who has been described as a locker room fit at Miami, projects likely as a safety at the next level, but could also give cornerback a try in college.

– Fort Lauderdale St. Thomas Aquinas' Jordan Battle probably belongs on the list, but we gave Nunn the nod simply because we're under the impression that as long as Urban Meyer is at Ohio State he isn't backing off his pledge to the Buckeyes. That however could change in the coming weeks depending on what happens in Columbus.

Now y'all just keep in mind that this is a Miami writer.

Miami Palmetto three-star defensive back Cornelius Nunn shot up Miami's board following a strong spring evaluation period which included a two-touchdown performance in front of UM assistant Jonathan Patke. The rangy athlete is currently committed to Syracuse, but after attending last month's Paradise Camp it appears the the Hurricanes are in prime position to flip Nunn from the Orange and he isn't afraid to state that. The senior, who has been described as a locker room fit at Miami, projects likely as a safety at the next level, but could also give cornerback a try in college.

– Fort Lauderdale St. Thomas Aquinas' Jordan Battle probably belongs on the list, but we gave Nunn the nod simply because we're under the impression that as long as Urban Meyer is at Ohio State he isn't backing off his pledge to the Buckeyes. That however could change in the coming weeks depending on what happens in Columbus.

Something about seeing this guy in hell.

"and he isn't afraid to state that"

really ? did we miss it?

in my mind, he isn't a part of the 2019 class and if he ends up a part of it, i will be ecstatic. I think the only thing keeping him committed to SU at this point is his mom

He’s absolutely still committed and him shutting down recruitment communication until the end of his season only helps us in my opinion.

Time for Dino to win some games and close on the top 300 calibre recruits from Florida.

He’s absolutely still committed and him shutting down recruitment communication until the end of his season only helps us in my opinion.

Time for Dino to win some games and close on the top 300 calibre recruits from Florida.

I wouldn't exactly call making trips to Alabama, Pitt etc shutting down recruitment communication. I do agree that winning will help keep a kid like this in the fold and will help a ton with other top recruits going forward, no question there

Some defeatist perspectives in this thread...though same may counter with realistic. The reality is he is a commit until he isn’t. Folks if we turn the proverbial corner and start going and getting better rated guys you can sure as heck bet there are going to be an increase in flips. Comes with the territory. Just enjoy the fact we got a baller out of Florida who is wanted by other programs. Enjoy the ride...

Some defeatist perspectives in this thread...though same may counter with realistic. The reality is he is a commit until he isn’t. Folks if we turn the proverbial corner and start going and getting better rated guys you can sure as heck bet there are going to be an increase in flips. Comes with the territory. Just enjoy the fact we got a baller out of Florida who is wanted by other programs. Enjoy the ride...
This.
My attitude has always been: " If you don't wanna come here...that's your loss"!!

Last edited:
He isn’t wavering at all yet. This kid is a stud. Lets hope for the best and know he is the next coming. AA-Markus Paul type

This is recruiting drama I appreciate. Grateful for the early signing period which I hope coincides roughly with our bowl game.

I think it’s good that’s he’s visiting other schools. Makes it harder for programs to come in at the last minute and try to get him to flip in crunch time.