Class of 2019 - S Cornelius Nunn Jr (FL) SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE 12/19/18 | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 S Cornelius Nunn Jr (FL) SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE 12/19/18

The six commits were 2020s and 2021s...silly season.

"While much will be made of the six prospects that pulled the tigger over the weekend, it's some of the other prospects that visited that have the folks in Coral Gables excited. The buzz coming out of the football facilities is that UM made a major move with Ellenwood (Ga.) Cedar Grove five-star wide receiver Jadon Haselwood, who was in town from Thursday to Sunday. Miami also seemed to tighten the battle with Florida for the Lakeland duo of Top247 tight end Keon Zipperer and Top247 defensive end Lloyd Summerall while also laying the ground work to potentially flip Miami Palmetto three-star safety Cornelius Nunn from Syracuse. The Hurricanes got some much needed face time with Fort Lauderdale Univeristy School Top247 running back Kenny McIntosh and Wellington Top247 athlete Mark-Antony Richards, as well."

With our history, I’ll give Nunn a 90% of being upgraded to a 4/5 Star and a less than 5%chance of making it to SU campus.

Why? Clearly he puts an above minimal focus on academics, and keeps the kids focused
In the macro, the better question is why in the wake of all this evidence showing us how foolish it is to conflate athletic coaching with superior moral fiber, why as a society we persist in placing coaches on a pedestal?

Why? Clearly he puts an above minimal focus on academics, and keeps the kids focused
I agree. It shows in that the players have not been getting into senseless trouble. Kids will be kids, however this program has avoided controversy like many other football programs. Let’s hope Dino keeps up doing exactly what he has been. I think this is one thing he and Marrone have in common. No BS attitude. If you screw up badly then you can see yourself to the door.

In the macro, the better question is why in the wake of all this evidence showing us how foolish it is to conflate athletic coaching with superior moral fiber, why as a society we persist in placing coaches on a pedestal?
I don't place anyone on a pedestal...everyone is human and everyone has frailties.
What I do see is that Babers is a good role model for success for young men. Especially as a black man who has been able to attain the position of HC at a P5 school.

[

I have no problem with the news itself and it could very well be true. But the issue I have is the way it’s presented and the never-wrong, I’m-always-right attitude. It has been there from the jump and been consistent. There is a reason certain terminology is used for folks hailing from Massachusetts.
I too used to be wary of the insiders’ seemingly privileged info re recruits. But i learned to live w/ it once I realized they were right more often than not. Also, I’ve gotten more advanced info from this forum than anywhere else. When I tell friends what’s gonna happen, based on some insider info gathered from the bnoro & Jake’s of the world, and it comes true- I end up getting the accolades. And when it doesn’t, I get the shade. That’s just how it works.
In either case, I’d rather have that knowledge, then NOT have it!

I don't place anyone on a pedestal...everyone is human and everyone has frailties.
What I do see is that Babers is a good role model for success for young men. Especially as a black man who has been able to attain the position of HC at a P5 school.
You'll be hard pressed to find a bigger fan of Babers than I am.

The coaching profession as a whole has lost certain moral claims. Perhaps Babers is unique. I'm just not ever putting that expectation on him due to his peer set.

Becoming less worried. Unless he leads his HS team to a state championship and FSU/Bama/LSU show up with the brinks

If tweeting is a deciding factor in recruiting then it looks like he’ll stay the course. But, I have it on strong authority that humans are fickle. I like our chances this year.

I too used to be wary of the insiders’ seemingly privileged info re recruits. But i learned to live w/ it once I realized they were right more often than not. Also, I’ve gotten more advanced info from this forum than anywhere else. When I tell friends what’s gonna happen, based on some insider info gathered from the bnoro & Jake’s of the world, and it comes true- I end up getting the accolades. And when it doesn’t, I get the shade. That’s just how it works.
In either case, I’d rather have that knowledge, then NOT have it!

QFT

Understand the insecurity of the whole recruiting thing but we got over losing Samson and the speedy guy from Arizona, SU will be fine if Nunn decides to go elsewhere at the last minute. Want him in Orange but he has to want to be in Orange and this train is moving forward with or without him, better with but again moving forward.

I've looked into the flames and I'm going to make a prediction. Nunn signs with Syracuse in December.

What will y'all do if I'm wrong...burn me at the stake. ;)
monty-python-witch.gif

Understand the insecurity of the whole recruiting thing but we got over losing Samson and the speedy guy from Arizona, SU will be fine if Nunn decides to go elsewhere at the last minute. Want him in Orange but he has to want to be in Orange and this train is moving forward with or without him, better with but again moving forward.
I mean, we replaced those guys but not with better players...