Class of 2019 - S Cornelius Nunn Jr (FL) SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE 12/19/18 | Page 30 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 S Cornelius Nunn Jr (FL) SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE 12/19/18

Does anyone know why he decommitted from Miami in the first place? Little bit murky.

I have no idea, but he did decommit from us after we lost two games and then decommited from Miami after they just lost their third in a row. Maybe he wants to make sure he's signing with a winner.

I know. Do ya really think he comes back though.

I don't know really. Using my car example again, lol. Usually when they walk out that door, it's rare you see them again, especially when there's competition. But decommitting from Miami I think puts us back in the ball game. I think it'll be one of those situations that whichever school ends up getting his ear the most right before signing day will win.

A lot of pressure on this kid to stay home in Miami. Mom wants him out of the area.

I was told by one person that CN’s father who was incarcerated for a period of time is out, and wanted him in FL as well. After hearing about the situation, I do believe that he loves Syracuse and wants to be Orange. At times it’s important to remember that they’re still a kid and can emotions can be pulled in every direction. I do believe that he ends up orange when all said and done.

A lot of pressure on this kid to stay home in Miami. Mom wants him out of the area.

I was told by one person that CN’s father who was incarcerated for a period of time is out, and wanted him in FL as well. After hearing about the situation, I do believe that he loves Syracuse and wants to be Orange. At times it’s important to remember that they’re still a kid and can emotions can be pulled in every direction. I do believe that he ends up orange when all said and done.

Reading between the lines of some tweets and having Dad back in the picture, that's exactly how I saw it and was guessing the same scenario way back when. If Mom wants him out it's for good reason.

Age old recruiting saga...

Now I’m really pulling for the kid to make the best decision for his future. And, it really may be in our favor as much as his. Tough spot for him.

So you weren't one of those kids that your parents had to tell "Just because your friends are doing it doesn't mean you have to".
I can only imagine the amount of peer pressure Nunn had to deal with urging him to commit to Miami. Then add in the effect of Social Media on kids trying to make a major life decision. I give him credit for backing off his commitments and rethinking his decision.

No ma’am, I wasn’t a follower growing up! My father was a Drill Sergeant, Sergeant First Class actually. Didn’t matter what my friends did. But he decommitted twice now. He’s riding trends as they call it. When Miami was hot that’s where he wanted to go. Now SU is flaming! I understand your point, I just don’t agree.

Exactly. That comment made zero sense to me.
Usually on this board the convo is about landing 4* recruits and getting ranked it’s supposed to change all the things that have been happening in the past. Hope that makes sense.

Usually on this board the convo is about landing 4* recruits and getting ranked it’s supposed to change all the things that have been happening in the past. Hope that makes sense.

I mean...if a 4 star(I think?) kid decommitts from Miami and goes to Cuse, that would be a sign that our winning is helping reel in better recruits and turning heads.

I know that is a hypothetical at this point and him previously decommitting from Cuse makes this unusual. He decommitted before we were ranked and getting all this hype though. Perhaps he’s reconsidering Cuse and wants to hop on the bandwagon?

No ma’am, I wasn’t a follower growing up! My father was a Drill Sergeant, Sergeant First Class actually. Didn’t matter what my friends did. But he decommitted twice now. He’s riding trends as they call it. When Miami was hot that’s where he wanted to go. Now SU is flaming! I understand your point, I just don’t agree.

Did you miss the whole "Dad was incarcerated and wants him to stay, Mom wants him out of the area bit"? Or do you really think our winning streak is more important to his decision than his family situation?

I can see why you behaved growing up, having had a father who served in two wars. Although it was my Italian mother who kept us in line. But our backgrounds are exactly why we weren't followers. Not all kids have those type of influencers in their lives.

I mean...if a 4 star(I think?) kid decommitts from Miami and goes to Cuse, that would be a sign that our winning is helping reel in better recruits and turning heads.

I know that is a hypothetical at this point and him previously decommitting from Cuse makes this unusual. He decommitted before we were ranked and getting all this hype though. Perhaps he’s reconsidering Cuse and wants to hop on the bandwagon?
That’s was my initial point. It is what it is.

Being the trend that good recruits want to ride would be a good thing to me.

Give me decommitts that can play from all the good programs that want to hop on the trend!

I can see why you behaved growing up, having had a father who served in two wars. Although it was my Italian mother who kept us in line. But our backgrounds are exactly why we weren't followers. Not all kids have those type of influencers in their lives.
I absolutely understand that. I shouldn’t but I take it personal as if SU wasn’t good enough

The two main rules for following recruiting are:
1.) Don’t tweet at recruits.
2.) Don’t take any of it personal.

Guess all those people doing edits should delete their accounts. Who cares if the recruits like them. I

Guess all those people doing edits should delete their accounts. Who cares if the recruits like them. I
There’s a distinct difference between an account with a name like “CuseSports44” tweeting at a recruit and Joe Smith tweeting at them from his personal account.

There’s a distinct difference between an account with a name like “CuseSports44” tweeting at a recruit and Joe Smith tweeting at them from his personal account.

Is there? Still some random dude. Matter of fact, I would say it is even MORE inappropriate because of the amount of time that “account” puts into customizing pictures of a 17 year a old kid. We have mods on this site that literally creep on kids and who they follow, but talking to them is off limits. If you can conduct yourself as a decent human being there’s nothing wrong with tweeting recruits. I’d argue it’s far less creepy than stalking their profile from afar and posting on a website who the follow.

Is there? Still some random dude. Matter of fact, I would say it is even MORE inappropriate because of the amount of time that “account” puts into customizing pictures of a 17 year a old kid. We have mods on this site that literally creep on kids and who they follow, but talking to them is off limits. If you can conduct yourself as a decent human being there’s nothing wrong with tweeting recruits. I’d argue it’s far less creepy than stalking their profile from afar and posting on a website who the follow.
So now I'm creepy and a stalker. Thanks. I could happily stop following them and posting their offers and visits but then I guess you would have no FB recruiting forum to follow or post to.

People forget to take into account that some coaches are less than truthful with recruits during the process, tell them what they want to hear just to get them to sign, have more commits than available scholarships, pull scholarships last minute, etc.

If colleges (adult in the situation) are going to be less than honest during this process, it's strange we expect the kids in the situation, many coming from less than ideal environments, to be the more mature person in this whole game.

So now I'm creepy and a stalker. Thanks. I could happily stop following them and posting their offers and visits but then I guess you would have no FB recruiting forum to follow or post to.

Too me? No. Under this rationale? Yes. It’s just annoying that some things are taboo but other things aren’t, even though they are as bad or worse. How about just be mature, if you’re gonna interact and don’t bash kids if they make decisions you don’t like? Very hypocritical. It’s 2018, internets are different, stop chastising.

I don’t even talk to recruits, I just think it’s really hypocritical.