Class of 2019 - S Cornelius Nunn Jr (FL) SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE 12/19/18 | Page 31 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 S Cornelius Nunn Jr (FL) SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE 12/19/18

I don’t even talk to recruits, I just think it’s really hypocritical.

Following recruits and recruiting is one thing. It involves seeing when they're taking visits, who they've received offers from, etc. In fact, there is a billion dollar industry stemming from that type of reporting (considering all of that information is public). Tweeting at recruits as an adult stranger is something else entirely and is/should be frowned upon. The edits sit in a strange place because they're not really tweeting as themselves. I don't love it, but it's more or less the reality of it.

Regardless, I've attached a handy tweeting-at-recruits flowchart for your reference:

B5Ecmp6CMAAScTO.png:large

Too me? No. Under this rationale? Yes. It’s just annoying that some things are taboo but other things aren’t, even though they are as bad or worse. How about just be mature, if you’re gonna interact and don’t bash kids if they make decisions you don’t like? Very hypocritical. It’s 2018, internets are different, stop chastising.
I think what you are saying has merit. I hate when I see fans, of any school, turn on kids on twitter. That goes to the second rule of not taking things personal. Some fans act as if these kids are a commodity...they are kids. I don't mind a congratulatory tweet on their offer, a have a great visit tweet or congratulations on your commitment and edits are fine. What I find creepy is fans that follow these kids on all facets of social media...twitter, Instagram, facebook as if they are a media celebrity. No one needs to be that familiar with these kids. I would hope their parents would advise them not to friend strange fans.

I think what you are saying has merit. I hate when I see fans, of any school, turn on kids on twitter. That goes to the second rule of not taking things personal. Some fans act as if these kids are a commodity...they are kids. I don't mind a congratulatory tweet on their offer, a have a great visit tweet or congratulations on your commitment and edits are fine. What I find creepy is fans that follow these kids on all facets of social media...twitter, Instagram, facebook as if they are a media celebrity. No one needs to be that familiar with these kids. I would hope their parents would advise them not to friend strange fans.

Or fans that have a handful of different handles that tweet at kids with each handle

Following recruits and recruiting is one thing. It involves seeing when they're taking visits, who they've received offers from, etc. In fact, there is a billion dollar industry stemming from that type of reporting (considering all of that information is public). Tweeting at recruits as an adult stranger is something else entirely and is/should be frowned upon. The edits sit in a strange place because they're not really tweeting as themselves. I don't love it, but it's more or less the reality of it.

Regardless, I've attached a handy tweeting-at-recruits flowchart for your reference:

B5Ecmp6CMAAScTO.png:large
spelling error 3rd row, 4th box down, otherwise, a huge thumbs up
I will show myself out now

This is alll I was getting at. 100%

I wonder if he is watching Miami get their butts handed to them.

Ok I guess if u read into it kill my kid if he decommitted I was emphasizing the wrong point. My point was more on the do ur due diligence first and before committing and making a promise to someone. Take all visits and make sure where you go is certain. That’s my point. I get kids decommitted cause a coach left and that kinda a thing. So if I affended anyone I apologize. I guess I have to reread stuff.
I didn't take it literally that you would kill your kid, but I guess others really think you would actually commit murder over a decommitment.

FWIW I sold that guy a used car 30 years ago. An 1985 Chrysler LeBaron woody convertible. No sheet.
At the time I did not know it would be featured in a Cornelius Nunn thread.

Mostly because Nunn was 12 years away from being conceived yet.

SU and Babers will take care of him. Im very glad that Dino understands the pressure these kids are under.