Class of 2019 - S Cornelius Nunn Jr (FL) SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE 12/19/18 | Page 15 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 S Cornelius Nunn Jr (FL) SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE 12/19/18

I think there is a difference between being in a battle with good schools for a quality recruit prior to his commitment (that's a good thing) vs. having bigger schools come in and take your top recruit after their Plan A didn't work out (that's a bad thing).

Unfortunately, until we win we will have a hard time holding onto some top players. Gotta get to 6 somehow this year. I think it would be a big boost to recruiting.

Btw, hope we can hold onto this kid.

Even Alabama has flips. It’s a part of recruiting

We gotta just keep working this kid and show him how we can help him become who and what he wants. This is a challenge now and hopefully we step up and accept it and out work any other recruiters.

Even Alabama has flips. It’s a part of recruiting

Yes ... and off the top of my head I think Dino has only had 1 flip against us - which was Aquinas WR Josh Palmer to Tennessee. We've held onto a lot of kids. Jaquwan Nelson, Devito, Melifonwu, Okechukwu, QWhite, Cisco, Wallace, Hendrix, Vetterello, and Trill. A good number of kids from last year had a lot of pressure on them.

Nunn had the offers going in when he committed so I feel much better than a kid who had no offers when he committed. He'll be under heavy pressure from Miami but the longer it goes and as schools fill up we'll be in better shape.

Bottom line is he's a hot commodity and Babers has done well to keep committed kids in the fold, so this will be a great recruiting battle.

Hopefully fredricks and bradshaw impress in the first few weeks. Show the commits SU’s turning into ACC dbu with fsu between those two and our three monster frosh

I don't know, I've been following this kid for a while. I thought he was going to flip WAY back. Honestly, if he's still committed, I think he stays committed. He's a great get.

Trill was the one who got away, great job flipping and keeping him (he could have easily blown up last year).

I don't know, I've been following this kid for a while. I thought he was going to flip WAY back. Honestly, if he's still committed, I think he stays committed. He's a great get.

Trill was the one who got away, great job flipping and keeping him (he could have easily blown up last year).
It's a lot easier to keep a kid from the northeast in the northeast. It's a lot harder to keep a florida kid committed to a non-florida school, and it's even harder when those florida schools are actively recruiting him.

still think it's less than a 25% chance he stays with SU.

It's a lot easier to keep a kid from the northeast in the northeast. It's a lot harder to keep a florida kid committed to a non-florida school, and it's even harder when those florida schools are actively recruiting him.

You may be right, but never underestimate the intangibles that a charismatic coach brings to the process.

Is it taboo to mention that playing for an African American coach may appeal to some kids as well?

I honestly wonder how much the head coach matters compared to their position coach and coordinator? That is who they will spend far more time with. Is the head coach still more important just because of the churn of position coaches and coordinators throughout most of college football?

Recruiting Florida is a chore, to say the least.

I think that is actually up from your last thought.

88 on 2fo7 now and 89 in their composite. Should be 4 stars by mid fall.

If Miami is the competition, we may be heading in opposite directions. They looked bad against LSU. QB a problem. If our D can coalesce we’ll be fine.

I honestly wonder how much the head coach matters compared to their position coach and coordinator? That is who they will spend far more time with. Is the head coach still more important just because of the churn of position coaches and coordinators throughout most of college football?
I don’t think it’s a question with a finite answer. Probably more case by case.