Class of 2016 - S Devon Clarke (FL) SIGNED LOI | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 S Devon Clarke (FL) SIGNED LOI

Aren't they asking for transcripts prior to OV's? If that is the case, then this recruitment wouldn't jive with what the supposed plan of attack has been thus far in terms of NQ risks, if in fact, he's a NQ risk.

Aren't they asking for transcripts prior to OV's? If that is the case, then this recruitment wouldn't jive with what the supposed plan of attack has been thus far in terms of NQ risks, if in fact, he's a NQ risk.
That is what I have heard, that they were asking kids to send in transcripts prior to scheduling ovs.

Setting up OVs without seeing a transcript is like showing a 500k home to someone off the street not knowing if they are credit qualified,

Why waste dwindling time / effort / resources recruiting a kid who won't qualify? The staff is already recruiting on a short cycle to begin with.
My thoughts exactly. And of the recruits who have gone on to prep school and JC, how many have ended up playing for us?

Setting up OVs without seeing a transcript is like showing a 500k home to someone off the street not knowing if they are credit qualified,

10 years ago that happened all the time...didnt matter...could get them to qualify pretty much no matter what...stated income...ninja loans...those were the days aye?

10 years ago that happened all the time...didnt matter...could get them to qualify pretty much no matter what...stated income...ninja loans...those were the days aye?

They're coming back.

U do it bc u like the player so much you a) hope he qualifies b) hope that he re-signs with you after prep or jc. Schools all over the country do this why is it that so hard to understand.

Time money and resources blah you get 56 official visits. They never use them all and not every kid who gets one is qualified or has an offer. Kids might never get an offer but your plan B's still need to visit. Use them.

U do it bc u like the player so much you a) hope he qualifies b) hope that he re-signs with you after prep or jc. Schools all over the country do this why is it that so hard to understand.

Time money and resources blah you get 56 official visits. They never use them all and not every kid who gets one is qualified or has an offer. Kids might never get an offer but your plan B's still need to visit. Use them.
Maybe you are right and maybe you are wrong. We will know soon.

To be fair though, 10 years ago it seemed like we had 3-4 kids every class that ended up at JUCO or Milford. That clearly is no longer the strategy.

:noidea::noidea::crazy::noidea::noidea::noidea::noidea:
Maybe you are right and maybe you are wrong. We will know soon.

I might be wrong about him not being qualified but it sure doesn't appear like he has an offer. Maybe it's bc he runs a 4.8

If he hasn't been offered, then why is the title of this thread indicating he's been offered?

If Dino and staff likes him after meeting him on campus and his grades are ok, he will get his offer this weekend. Just my opinion but I am right at least once a month
I would guess if he was a plan A for and Dino he would have his offer already. My guess is if we strike out on our top choices over the next couple weekends, Clarke gets his offer late.

I like his size but his speed, not so much. If we do offer I hope he gets faster within the next year. FSU and Clemson have punished us with the deep passes. Other than Cordy it seemed our defensive backfield was bad.

I like his size but his speed, not so much. If we do offer I hope he gets faster within the next year. FSU and Clemson have punished us with the deep passes. Other than Cordy it seemed our defensive backfield was bad.
I agree. So you make him a OLB if he struggles with that.

I agree. So you make him a OLB if he struggles with that.
My only question (as a guy who hasn't ever seen him play a live game) is, does he have e instincts as a run defender to read lineman, hit holes and blow up plays before they get started?

My only question (as a guy who hasn't ever seen him play a live game) is, does he have e instincts as a run defender to read lineman, hit holes and blow up plays before they get started?
You can see it on film. Will it materialize to that? We dont know for sure. Generally when you are a in the box strong safety type, its like playing LB anyways. 6'3 with average speed normally equates to OLB but we will see. Hope he gets offered.

Have not seen him play live, but his highlight video shows a run stopper that likes contact. I like him. Getting tired of watching our DBs being scared to tackle or not wrap up to make the tackle. However, I am not one of Babers assistant coaches that specializes in recruiting. :noidea:

You can see it on film. Will it materialize to that? We dont know for sure. Generally when you are a in the box strong safety type, its like playing LB anyways. 6'3 with average speed normally equates to OLB but we will see. Hope he gets offered.
Given how badly he clearly wants to be here, I hope he gets his offer as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom