Class of 2016 - S Devon Clarke (FL) SIGNED LOI | Page 14 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 S Devon Clarke (FL) SIGNED LOI

Is he fully qualified? Or are we waiting on some test scores?
No reason to think he isn't. Kids have to submit transcripts to Babers staff before visits now. So hopefully this means les non-qualifiers down the line

Is it me or does it look like he has really long arms? I am looking at the picture of him in the end zone at the dome and then a couple others after that, even the picture in the Bailey tweet and they just look long.

Free Article

Three-star safety Devon Clarke commits to Syracuse
Devon Clarke, tried to commit to Syracuse over the summer with the old staff in place. They did not accept his commitment, however, and he was forced to look at other options. One of those options was Bowling Green, with Nick Monroe as his primary recruiter.

Fast forward a a few months and Monroe is now at Syracuse as part of the new coaching staff. Clarke, once again, committed to Syracuse and this time it was accepted, Clarke and a source told Scout. The big 6-foot-3 safety pulled the trigger during his official visit over the weekend. He committed to coach Babers during dinner Sunday evening.

Clarke has been one of the prospects that is the most excited about the possibility of playing at Syracuse, generating a lot of support amongst Orange fans. Now he is set to become a part of the program.

In addition, the three-star safety informed Scout he is done taking visits.

Clarke is the second safety prospect to commit to Syracuse in the 2016 class, joining fellow Sunshine State product Scoop Bradshaw. Bradshaw, however, has the ability to play corner if needed. Clarke, however, is a long, rangy defensive back who gives the Orange some size in the secondary.

"He's one of the most lengthiest defensive backs I've seen in this year's class," Scout recruiting analyst Corey Bender said. "When he's in his stance, his arms go past his knees. Very lengthy kid. He's a hard worker who wears his heart on his sleeve. Very competitive kid with good awareness and is very instinctive. He gets his hands on a lot of balls with his length. He's a legit 6-foot-3 and is real disrputive in the secondary.

"He does a good job reading and reacting. He has a lot of length and range."

Lewis posts the strangest videos...

But hey at least we got a safety we wanted and a big guy at that.

Let's get one more tonight fellas
This is the most popular music video in years

Long term I hope he can become an impact player. Right now I am just generally happy for the kid. He clearly wanted this so bad, I'm glad he is getting his shot. Welcome to the Cuse Devon!!!!!

I guess you were wrong. ;)

i was wrong (for now) with an assumption i had. thanks for pointing that out. you're wrong a lot about your guesses and assumptions to but hey as long as you keep posting twitter feeds who's counting. ;)

Watch his senior tape and he goes up for a ball that I though the receiver was going to get and out of nowhere these long arms and hands reach up and intercepted the ball. I said holy crap, how did he reach up that high. Yes those arm are definitely very very long.

This is all very funny. The old staff didn't want him but the new staff, which is turning away many of the old staff's recruits, likes him enough to take him.

You can't make this stuff up.

This is all very funny. The old staff didn't want him but the new staff, which is turning away many of the old staff's recruits, likes him enough to take him.

You can't make this stuff up.
I agree. This makes the old staff's refusal to take him even stranger.

Each recruit is their own separate entity, each staff has their own philosophy... Sometimes you'll hit, sometimes you'll miss, neither of which have happened yet, nor will for some time.

The separate recruitments of this kid aren't the same circumstances either.

Because one staff liked Harper and one didn't, and vise versa with Clarke means nothing, there are so many variables we know nothing about unless it was posted on Twitter or in a recruiting article. The reasons a staff has will never be known to a fan base 99.5% of the time.

This staff seems to like kids who are taller. I think that's bearing out. Clarke is 6-3 but doesn't have many schools knocking at his door. Same with Edwards, who is 6-2.

Happy for him, he really wanted to be here and stuck it out until it happened.

Granted an entire coaching staff had to get fired for it to happen, but I think he'll fit really well into the new defensive scheme.

cuseguy said:
This staff seems to like kids who are taller. I think that's bearing out. Clarke is 6-3 but doesn't have many schools knocking at his door. Same with Edwards, who is 6-2.

The probably watched the FSU game. Giant WR's carrying our DB's down the field.

TheCusian said:
The probably watched the FSU game. Giant WR's carrying our DB's down the field.

Unfortunately we only seem to be able to land small kids with speed or big kids who are slow.

i was wrong (for now) with an assumption i had. thanks for pointing that out. you're wrong a lot about your guesses and assumptions to but hey as long as you keep posting twitter feeds who's counting. ;)

Hey we are all wrong sometimes... no one on here is omnipotent. Well maybe OrangeXtreme . ;)

Devon, welcome to the Syracuse Football family! Go Orange!

devon clarke 18428750-standard.png

Well at least we know we don't have to worry about a flip with this kid!

Congrats to Devon, who was really patient and finally got rewarded for it.

I really like his tape. It will be nice to have a big hitter at safety again. He covers a lot of ground, tackles really well and looks solid in coverage too. Might play right away for us; he brings things to the table our existing safeties do not.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom