Class of 2016 - S Devon Clarke (FL) SIGNED LOI | Page 15 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 S Devon Clarke (FL) SIGNED LOI

He does tackle very well. has pretty good techingue and wraps up in most every clip. size and speed reminds me of eskridge.

He does tackle very well. has pretty good techingue and wraps up in most every clip. size and speed reminds me of eskridge.
Maybe size, not speed and athleticism. More physical than Eskridge though.

Id imagine he's a touch shorter and obviously quite a bit lighter right now. That'll change with time in the S&C program. But, outside of height, I don't think this is much of a comparison.

Maybe size, not speed and athleticism. More physical than Eskridge though.

Id imagine he's a touch shorter and obviously quite a bit lighter right now. That'll change with time in the S&C program. But, outside of height, I don't think this is much of a comparison.

Eskridge was the wimpiest hitting safety i've ever seen. I dont know how fast Eskridge was either but he wasnt a burner. Eskridge more athletic. Clark is definitely as big as Eskridge and WAY more physical. Eskridge was listed at 6-2 195 coming out of HS but was rail thin. Clarke listed at 6-3 190

I'm not even a real big fan of Clarke but I like his size and they way he hits and wraps. I've been crying to get bigger at safety for years. (and with guys who actually like to hit)

Last edited:
I reffed this kid also in a playoff game in his junior year. They played powerhouse Lakeland and won. Both teams had D1 talent all over the place. It was fast and hard hitting. It reminded me of a Cortland/Ithaca college game...But it was high school.

My guess is that the direction our S&C will be going is going to increase the speed of every kid on the team. Seems the staff is looking for size and are not as concerned with speed out of the gate from recruits.

rackman18 said:
I bet he feels like a king now after receiving the offer and now with a personal in-house visit. Good for him. Make SU Proud
I have a feeling this kid is going to be a fan favorite from the day he steps on campus. I'm so glad he finally got the offer he worked so hard for.

Nice little article, happy for the kid. It's always nice to get a kid who seems so genuinely excited to go to Syracuse. He put in the work and got the reward he wanted.

Oh boy isn't that interesting CuseLegacy , you read the part in the newspaper article where it says,

"The other issue was Clarke's qualifying marks. He had yet to gain a high enough score on his college entrance exam to reach NCAA requirements and it further prolonged his limbo status as he looked for his future school."

"Two days before Christmas, however, that all changed. He had taken the ACT three times, and he finally got what he needed as a qualifying score.”

Hmmm. Guess I was right. ;)

Oh boy isn't that interesting CuseLegacy , you read the part in the newspaper article where it says,

"The other issue was Clarke's qualifying marks. He had yet to gain a high enough score on his college entrance exam to reach NCAA requirements and it further prolonged his limbo status as he looked for his future school."

"Two days before Christmas, however, that all changed. He had taken the ACT three times, and he finally got what he needed as a qualifying score.”

Hmmm. Guess I was right. ;)

Yeah...it says two days before Christmas he qualified.
You said on 1/16..."I might be wrong about him not being qualified but it sure doesn't appear like he has an offer. Maybe it's bc he runs a 4.8".
So I guess you were wrong. And haven't you learned never to argue with a woman. ;)

I don't know anything about football recruiting, but this is my favorite kid in the class. Couldn't afford the plane fare to make an unofficial visit. Gets his qualifying score and jumps out of bed to tell his grandma. Takes an official visit and thinks they are going to tell him there's no room at the inn, only to be offered a scholarship. Immediately talks to his grandma and then accepts.

I don't know anything about football recruiting, but this is my favorite kid in the class. Couldn't afford the plane fare to make an unofficial visit. Gets his qualifying score and jumps out of bed to tell his grandma. Takes an official visit and thinks they are going to tell him there's no room at the inn, only to be offered a scholarship. Immediately talks to his grandma and then accepts.
Agreed. It is great to have some kids in the class that are really, genuinely excited to have a chance to play for Syracuse. So many of these kids seem to have a feeling of entitlement. Too many seem to take their good fortune for granted.

Yeah...it says two days before Christmas he qualified.
You said on 1/16..."I might be wrong about him not being qualified but it sure doesn't appear like he has an offer. Maybe it's bc he runs a 4.8".
So I guess you were wrong. And haven't you learned never to argue with a woman. ;)

that was sarcasm.

he didn't have an offer because he wasnt qualified so it looks like my assumption about him - not being qualified - was right on target. sooo he got qualified over the dead period. who knew.

ive been following recruiting for nearly 30 years and the tea leaves usually add up.

oh and to answer your question...only my wife. ;)

Devon is this year's Shy for me. Put in the hard work and got rewarded. Keep that attitude work hard and good things will come. Not sure if he plays or not this year but hoping he does great things on the hill!

Even the newspaper says "University of Syracuse". Sheesh!
It says University of Syracuse Orangemen! They are taking everything from us!

Not too far from Reese. They must be making the rounds tonight.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom