Class of 2018 - S/RB Cooper Lutz (PA) SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 S/RB Cooper Lutz (PA) SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE

My darned autocorrect does this all the time too. I have literally never intentionally written minuet, but it is suggested every time I type "minute".

Why I refer to it as “auto incorrect”

"The most dominant team in Berks Football League history continues to make its mark in the offseason.

Berks Catholic landed four first-team selections on the Pennsylvania Football Writers' Class 4A All-State team today, matching a Berks record set in 2012 by state champion Wyomissing.

Running back Cooper Lutz, offensive lineman Matt Hughes, defensive lineman Luke Painton and linebacker Brandon George were named to the 40-man team. "

"The team is selected by football writers across the state, who reviewed 470 nominations across six classes.

Lutz was named Offensive Back of the Year in Section 2 of Berks Football League after rushing for 1,525 yards and scoring 31 touchdowns. He averaged 12.7 yards per carry, a Berks record for players with 100 or more carries in a season.

"Cooper does everything to the best of his ability on every play," said Saints coach Rick Keeley, whose team finished 13-1 and ranked No. 3 in the state. "When he's running, he's hard to stop. When we fake to him, he gets the attention of a lot of defenders. He knows a good fake is worth two good blocks. And he's a devastating blocker."

The Syracuse commit crammed most of his rushing total into the final five weeks of the season when he went for 874 yards and scored 16 TDs as the Saints beat unbeaten Wyomissing, won three District 3 Class 4A playoff games en route to their third straight championship and met eventual state champ Erie Cathedral Prep in the semifinals.

Lutz, a 6-foot, 194-pound senior, ran for a career-high 211 yards and four TDs vs. Wyomissing in Week 10, then topped it with 221 yards and three scores vs. Bishop McDevitt in the district title game. "

The competition level is horrid, I actually lol'd a couple of times watching that highlight tape. Reminded me of class C football here. He's one of my favorite recruits but it might take him a minuet to adjust.

Class C? Looked liked NY AA to me.

Not a bad looking clean. Needs to keep the elbows locked until the jump and extend those hips a little more, but looked much better than many cleans you see out there.

I wonder if he was an add as I looked at the roster announcement earlier this week and didn't see his name. Then again I could have just missed it.

Not a bad looking clean. Needs to keep the elbows locked until the jump and extend those hips a little more, but looked much better than many cleans you see out there.
I think at his stage his clean is almost perfect form. He made that look easy. That’s a crap ton of torque and pull.

6-6 at the half, game has been pretty boring so far.
Haven’t heard Lutzs name yet but did miss the first PA drive.

6-6 at the half, game has been pretty boring so far.
Haven’t heard Lutzs name yet but did miss the first PA drive.
There is 5 min left and I haven’t see him in the game. I saw him on the sideline- # 12