Class of 2018 - S/RB Cooper Lutz (PA) SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 S/RB Cooper Lutz (PA) SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE

You know I forgot about this recruit and now that I'm reminded of him CFP HERE. WE. COME.

5a0e2bad203f7.image.jpg

Jake Adams, The Sentinel

No. 5 East Pennsboro (9-2) takes a bus ride west to face No. 1 Berks Catholic (11-0) in one of the District 3 Class 4A semifinal matchups.

It's a matchup of strength vs. strength. The Panthers, led by running back Onasis Neely, face a stalwart Saints defense that has bludgeoned teams all year, allowing just seven points in the first half. Yards will not come easy for the pride of Enola.

District 3 Class 4A Preview: East Pennsboro heads to No. 1 Berks Catholic

[QUOTE=

Our man Cooper Lutz rushed for 194 yards on 15 carries (12.3 ave) and scored three TDs on runs of 11, 30 and 41 yards.

Berks Catholic defeated Bishop McDevitt 45-24

I think he can be a special player for us - I’ve written it before, but I will do it again. He dominated a very good level of high school football without getting 30 touches a game.

He has very good speed and excellent burst and explosiveness, the later being the more important when evaluating football players IMO.

Most importantly, I think he has the ability to play WR, RB, CB, or safety here. He’s the type of kid this program needs. Good athletes that can find a way to contribute multiple ways.

I think he can be a special player for us - I’ve written it before, but I will do it again. He dominated a very good level of high school football without getting 30 touches a game.

He has very good speed and excellent burst and explosiveness, the later being the more important when evaluating football players IMO.

Most importantly, I think he has the ability to play WR, RB, CB, or safety here. He’s the type of kid this program needs. Good athletes that can find a way to contribute multiple ways.

Great point about explosiveness. Skill sets and athletic ability like Lutz's get magnified even more so in an offense like Babers. He is going to create match up problems in space, and that's what this offense needs a lot more of. He already has very good strength numbers. I wouldn't be surprised if he makes the 2 deep at slot next season.