Class of 2016 - S Scoop Bradshaw (FL) SIGNED LOI | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 S Scoop Bradshaw (FL) SIGNED LOI

Weiner is one of Lester's closest friends, which makes it even more impressive. Lester told him Cuse is still the best choice for both.

Kudos to Tim. Stand up guy.

I'd like to see us maintain our relationship with Plant. That's a big time program in an area that Baber's staff has identified as key to them. Nice development.

I'd like to see us maintain our relationship with Plant. That's a big time program in an area that Baber's staff has identified as key to them. Nice development.

We will. No doubt there.

Weiner is one of Lester's closest friends, which makes it even more impressive. Lester told him Cuse is still the best choice for both.

Kudos to Tim. Stand up guy.

You can say all you want about the previous staff, Shafer and Lester are very classy guys and they practice what they preach, integrity. I would not hesitate to send any of my kids to be coached by them.

I think we know the answer already to his question. Rex Culpepper...
That helps, but I don't remember scoop getting any effusive courting by the Florida, Miami and FSU crowd. And I'd imagine we are on par with USF and UCF at this stage, if not better than them perception wise.

But at the end of the day scoop had a chance to follow Rex and he wasn't going to pass that up

With all the big DBs we have in this class, any chance Scoop is coming in to play on offense? Familiarity with Rex and his film on O looks good

So is the staff thinking CB then?
He may not be his listed 5'11" - but I think this guy will be like glue at CB. One of my faves per his video.

CuseLegacy said:
742168904823414784 Mrs. Dungey taking the boys out for Erics' birthday. My question though is that Scoop on campus already?

Yeah - I saw a tweet or an article that said he and another player were on campus. Babers shared it with Bailey at his latest camp.

texascpa said:
Does anyone look at Culpepper and think "Man, if he doesn't make it as a QB, he sure has the size to play TE."

Yep. Not hard to imagine a scenario where Devito comes in and passes him for the heir to Dungey. Culpepper sees the writing on the wall.

We'll see. Long way to go - I'm rooting for whatever's best.

Yep. Not hard to imagine a scenario where Devito comes in and passes him for the heir to Dungey. Culpepper sees the writing on the wall.

Hard not to imagine a scenario either where Culpepper wins the job and keeps it. I love what DeVito has accomplished at the camps throwing in 7 v 7's etc. But Culpepper is no slouch and it goes without saying he has NFL pedigree and size and played at Tampa Plant for a HC that's put out some ballers. Elite 11 aside, Culpepper had major offers.

Last edited:
PhatOrange said:
Hard not to imagine a scenario either where Culpepper wins the job and keeps. I love what DeVito has accomplished at the camps throwing in 7 v 7's etc. But Culpepper is no slouch and it goes without saying he has NFL pedigree and size and played at Tampa Plant for a HC that's put out some ballers. Elite 11 aside, Culpepper had major offers.

Agreed. That wouldn't surprise me either.

Strictly going on tape with my really untrained eye? Like TD better. But competition is good - future is brighter at QB than it has been in a very long time.

How do you know this? I haven't seen any indication anywhere where Rex has indicated that he's not up for the competition or that he's willing to switch positions. Just because SU has a verbal commit from a talented QB doesn't diminish Culpepper's talent one bit. We've got quite awhile before this thing plays out. How about we just bring in his brother to play TE for SU?!

How do you know this? I haven't seen any indication anywhere where Rex has indicated that he's not up for the competition or that he's willing to switch positions. Just because SU has a verbal commit from a talented QB doesn't diminish Culpepper's talent one bit. We've got quite awhile before this thing plays out. How about we just bring in his brother to play TE for SU?!
you should read what he posted again. He was imaging a scenario which, by definition, is speculative and not based on knowing.

you should read what he posted again. He was imaging a scenario which, by definition, is speculative and not based on knowing.

Thanks. Jumped the gun a bit. As was also pointed out, it's not hard to see a scenario where Culpepper wins the job outright as well. As long as there's healthy competition that benefits the team, I'm all in.