Class of 2016 - S Scoop Bradshaw (FL) SIGNED LOI | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 S Scoop Bradshaw (FL) SIGNED LOI

Thanks. Jumped the gun a bit. As was also pointed out, it's not hard to see a scenario where Culpepper wins the job outright as well. As long as there's healthy competition that benefits the team, I'm all in.
Absolutely, the QB position is stronger than it has been in years, but as many have mentioned, depth is an issue.

Absolutely, the QB position is stronger than it has been in years, but as many have mentioned, depth is an issue.

Theoretically. ; )

Edit--and I completely agree with your perspective, on paper. But given our post-McNabb history, I'm a little reluctant to make any declaration about how good the recruits are until we see them perform. I got burned by the likes of Cody Catalina, David Legree, Andrew Robinson, etc. etc. etc.

Last edited:
Theoretically. ; )

Edit--and I completely agree with your perspective, on paper. But given our post-McNabb history, I'm a little reluctant to make any declaration about how good the recruits are until we see them perform. I got burned by the likes of Cody Catalina, David Legree, Andrew Robinson, etc. etc. etc.

I remember that group with Legree and Robinson. I thought we were stocked also.

Theoretically. ; )

I am 100% in the same boat, even typing it felt a bit like deja vu.

I am 100% in the same boat, even typing it felt a bit like deja vu.

I think the bottom line is that the guys we've landed seem qualitatively better than prospects we've landed in the post-McNabb era. Dungey wasn't highly regarded, and he looks like he could be a difference maker / NFL caliber prospect. Culpepper has a better offer list than just about anybody we've landed at the QB position in program history [no exaggeration], and DeVito's recent performance at the Elite 11 is a real cause for optimism.

Plus, I have to imagine that once Babers has a chance to get his system rolling, that skilled talent will be coming our way in droves, with visions of putting up video game-esque numbers. So the immediate future looks bright. We just have to hope that Dungey stays healthy for the remainder of his career and that one of Culpepper / DeVito [or both] end up proving to be the real deal. If those things happen, it is going to be a fun couple of years.

RF2044 said:
I think the bottom line is that the guys we've landed seem qualitatively better than prospects we've landed in the post-McNabb era. Dungey wasn't highly regarded, and he looks like he could be a difference maker / NFL caliber prospect. Culpepper has a better offer list than just about anybody we've landed at the QB position in program history [no exaggeration], and DeVito's recent performance at the Elite 11 is a real cause for optimism. Plus, I have to imagine that once Babers has a chance to get his system rolling, that skilled talent will be coming our way in droves, with visions of putting up video game-esque numbers. So the immediate future looks bright. We just have to hope that Dungey stays healthy for the remainder of his career and that one of Culpepper / DeVito [or both] end up proving to be the real deal. If those things happen, it is going to be a fun couple of years.

Agreed. I think we'll have our pick of NE guys within a year or so - just because the system is so QB friendly.

I think the bottom line is that the guys we've landed seem qualitatively better than prospects we've landed in the post-McNabb era. Dungey wasn't highly regarded, and he looks like he could be a difference maker / NFL caliber prospect. Culpepper has a better offer list than just about anybody we've landed at the QB position in program history [no exaggeration], and DeVito's recent performance at the Elite 11 is a real cause for optimism.

Plus, I have to imagine that once Babers has a chance to get his system rolling, that skilled talent will be coming our way in droves, with visions of putting up video game-esque numbers. So the immediate future looks bright. We just have to hope that Dungey stays healthy for the remainder of his career and that one of Culpepper / DeVito [or both] end up proving to be the real deal. If those things happen, it is going to be a fun couple of years.

I pray for 3 things daily:
1. My niece and nephews health
2. For my mom's ovarian cancer to be less aggressive
3. For ED to remain healthy
GO CUSE!