Class of 2015 - S/WR Daiquan Kelly (NJ) Dismissed from PSU Will Sign with UMASS | Page 19 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 S/WR Daiquan Kelly (NJ) Dismissed from PSU Will Sign with UMASS

I don't care what he did to get the boot from PSU I wouldn't take him.

Let me put it this way. You're dating a girl, she dumps you and goes directly to another guy. They date for a year and her old-man dumps her. She comes running back to you and you would take her back depending on why the X sent her packing?

This is a business, not a romantic involvement, so your analogy falls short.

Let's use a business example, then.
After interviewing for a position with your company, an applicant verbally accepts your offer for a job. Before signing his/her contract, however, they decide to accept an offer with a larger, competing firm. Then, after just a couple of months in their training program, the company fires him/her due to behavioral issues.
Do you offer them a position?
I don't think so.
Let's move on. There's a lot of talent out there. I hope we're not that desperate.

Let's use a business example, then.
After interviewing for a position with your company, an applicant verbally accepts your offer for a job. Before signing his/her contract, however, they decide to accept an offer with a larger, competing firm. Then, after just a couple of months in their training program, the company fires him/her due to behavioral issues.
Do you offer them a position?
I don't think so.
Let's move on. There's a lot of talent out there. I hope we're not that desperate.

It would depend on said "behavioral issues" which, at this point, no one knows anything about.

He's still a tweener though I think. Too big for Safety, too small for LB? I don't know, but, I'm sure the staff knows exactly where they stand. I'd root for him if he came aboard. Teenagers are prone to bad decisions.

It would depend on said "behavioral issues" which, at this point, no one knows anything about.
Actually, his was dismissed for "breaking unspecified team rules", which in the business world, would be analogous to violating company policy.

Actually, his was dismissed for "breaking unspecified team rules", which in the business world, would be analogous to violating company policy.

Oh that changes everything!

docsu said:

Trust is the same in business, romantic involvements and friends. Break it and it can never be fully restored. It's best to just move on.

how about the real life analogy that a teenage freshman kid makes a mistake (one that didn't even get him arrested). learns from mistake and is given a second chance by educators and plays football again at another school.

Get out of here with that nonsense ;)

Trust is the same in business, romantic involvements and friends. Break it and it can never be fully restored. It's best to just move on.

Not really. He got an offer from a (in his mind) better school.

It's a group of grown men vs a tennager in high school. My hope is that they would make a decision based on what "unspecified team rules" he violated and weigh that against his potential to contribute to our football team. They should be bigger men than to just turn him away out of spite.

docsu said:
Not really. He got an offer from a (in his mind) better school. It's a group of grown men vs a tennager in high school. My hope is that they would make a decision based on what "unspecified team rules" he violated and weigh that against his potential to contribute to our football team. They should be bigger men than to just turn him away out of spite.

I realize he is just a teenager but a commitment is just that regardless. I wish the young man no ill will and I understand mistakes are made especially by young people but I wouldn't take him. Just my opinion you obviously disagree and that is fine. We will see what HCSS does.

docsu said:
Tyus Battle reneged on his commitment to Michigan. Obviously not trustworthy IMO.

Ya he screwed over Michigan bad. They lost out on a good recruit because Tyus. If SU were to kick him off the team next year do you think Michigan would take him?

Ya he screwed over Michigan bad. They lost out on a good recruit because Tyus. If SU were to kick him off the team next year do you think Michigan would take him?

Yes?

But that's besides the point. Him decommitting from UM already shows he has issues with trust. Boeheim should never have wasted his time.

docsu said:
Yes? But that's besides the point. Him decommitting from UM already shows he has issues with trust. Boeheim should never have wasted his time.

He wronged UM not SU. I don't give a damn about UM. Just like if someone were to screw you over I could care less because I don't give a damn about you.

He wronged UM not SU. I don't give a damn about UM. Just like if someone were to screw you over I could care less because I don't give a damn about you.
One would think that a Pink Floyd enthusiast would be a bit more...mellow.

Jek are we actually entertaining this with a now open ship?
I don't know, to be honest, but some people more connected than I am have indicated we're definitely going to at least find out what the dismissal was for. So the coaches are paying attention, at least.

He's a kid. Kids tend to do a$$holic things in their youthful enthusiasm...anyone who's raised one knows this to be true. :bang:
The chest-bumping was stupid, much like a kid at his official announcement putting a different school's hat on, then removing it to reveal his "real" choice.
Dumb? Stupid? Idiotic?
Yes, all of the above, but not a deal breaker if the reason why he was dismissed is relatively minor.
Talk to the kid, gauge his interest, see if he's learned some valuable lesson(s), then act accordingly.
One mistake shouldn't mean a life sentence- depending on the mistake, of course. Tough crowd...