Class of 2015 - S/WR Daiquan Kelly (NJ) Dismissed from PSU Will Sign with UMASS | Page 18 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 S/WR Daiquan Kelly (NJ) Dismissed from PSU Will Sign with UMASS

Im curious what one would have to do to get kicked off a penn state football team and a team run by franklin? Disagree with their ethical and moral standards?

Haha good one, like PSU has ever had ethics or morals

5 hail Mary's and 5 our fathers and then bring him in

I don't know man, for James Franklin to dismiss a kid before he even hits the field, he must have...wait has James Franklin ever dismissed a kid? lol.

My hesitation here is:

We just booted Ashton Broyld for a violation of team rules. How's it going to look if we bring in someone who got booted from a different school for a violation of team rules so quickly after?

My hesitation here is:

We just booted Ashton Broyld for a violation of team rules. How's it going to look if we bring in someone who got booted from a different school for a violation of team rules so quickly after?

Variables. From my understanding Ashton had several chances (could be wrong here). We don't know anything about what DK did, or how many chances he was given. I'll just say I don't trust Franklin to make unbiased and fair decisions. Based on that I'd be fine if HCSS decided to give DK a chance here. I'm also fine if they've moved on as well. Kid had his chance to stick with us and decided to change his verbal to PSU, we don't owe him anything. I will say I'm surprised Franklin actually booted someone. I will also say, I don't trust that it was simply a team rules violation either.

Probably clearing out space under the "cap". Kid is only a 3 star afterall.

I am guessing you are partially right. Kelly was probably recruit #24 or #25, and their class this year is even better. I could see some cap clearing going on, especially if Kelly gave him a reason.

I'm all for bringing him on. We were actually semi-close to a flip last year. Franklin recruited him as an OLB, but the kid wanted to play Safety bad. We need some size in our secondary, if he didn't do anything too bad let's bring him on.

My hesitation here is:

Ya, but AB at least had a warning before he got the boot.

Variables. From my understanding Ashton had several chances (could be wrong here). We don't know anything about what DK did, or how many chances he was given. I'll just say I don't trust Franklin to make unbiased and fair decisions. Based on that I'd be fine if HCSS decided to give DK a chance here. I'm also fine if they've moved on as well. Kid had his chance to stick with us and decided to change his verbal to PSU, we don't owe him anything. I will say I'm surprised Franklin actually booted someone. I will also say, I don't trust that it was simply a team rules violation either.
With Penn St reputation maybe Franklin found out the kid actually likes Women

I guess WE AREN'T - PENN STATE, eh mr kelly?

(kid pissed me off when he was all smiles and yelled we are penn state & chest bumped his buddy when giving the interview about his decision to flip from SU)

lol

Rumors are that the PSU freshman class is partying a little too hard. As one of their "Plan Bs" last year, it sounds like Mr. Kelly had an example made of him.

I think he has to sit a year if he transfers, because he signed a NLI.

I think he has to sit a year if he transfers, because he signed a NLI.
But I think this is different from a transfer, it's a dismissal. Which changes things. The kid didn't choose to move on, the school did. But honestly no idea how it changes things.

But I think this is different from a transfer, it's a dismissal. Which changes things. The kid didn't choose to move on, the school did. But honestly no idea how it changes things.

Doesn't matter...not that I agree, but he's a transfer in the eyes of the NCAA.

We don't need anymore problem kids. We probably should turn our heads and just move forward.

If we simply turn our head and pretend not to see anything and convice ourselves that nothing happend we would be taking a play directly out of penn states playbook.

Obviously it matters what he did wrong, so lets assume it’s not the end of the world. I wouldn’t turn my back on a kid who’s made one dumb mistake that a lot of teenagers make; first time away from home etc etc.

His being booted from ped state might be the wake up call for the kid to never get in trouble again. Ive seen that happen more than once.

Obviously it matters what he did wrong, so lets assume it’s not the end of the world. I wouldn’t turn my back on a kid who’s made one dumb mistake that a lot of teenagers make; first time away from home etc etc.

His being booted from ped state might be the wake up call for the kid to never get in trouble again. Ive seen that happen more than once.

All quite true.

That said, do we even need him at this point? If he's playing Safety, perhaps. Linebacker though, I think we're very good with what we've got.

I'd tell the kid to go pound salt. He reneged on a commitment he made to the team and did it like a jack@ss.

I here Cortland down the road needs a safety.

docsu said:
depending on what got him kicked out I'd take him. The chest pounding is funny tho.

I don't care what he did to get the boot from PSU I wouldn't take him.

Let me put it this way. You're dating a girl, she dumps you and goes directly to another guy. They date for a year and her old-man dumps her. She comes running back to you and you would take her back depending on why the X sent her packing?