sad day #RIP Dan Johnson | Syracusefan.com

sad day #RIP Dan Johnson

I fight through tears as I try to write this. My heart hurts today as a great man is taken from our world, and from his family too soon. I also saw it on twitter a couple minutes ago. I've only met Dan once at a tailgate, but he was a great guy and a great fan. I truly accept all Cuse fans, and especially syracusefan.com fans as family. This is the first time I've really cried since my grandmother passed away last year. Just a devastating day for our fanbase. I was really hopeful that his body wouldn't quit on him, because I know there was no quit in his heart. Watch over us from upstairs Dan. #Legend

RIP Dan Johnson. Thank you for your support of Syracuse. My condolences to family and friends.

su_hendricks.jpg

Last edited:
Just a one of a kind guy and fan. He was like a kid when it came to all things Syracuse. One of the friendliest guys I've ever met. This is a sad, sad day. My heart goes out to his family and friends. I hope he is at peace in a better place.

To the greatest SU fan I ever knew, we will miss you, Dan.

Sincerely,

Greg

Wow...Dan is a legend on these boards and regretfully I never had a chance to meet him. RIP, OE. This is very sad news but my hope is he is in a better place.

Every time I read any stories on SU sports from now until my passing, I'll think of him. His work on this board was tireless but obviously a labor of love.

I said this to someone in a Facebook PM, but I'll say it here too...

There are certain people that you will remember your whole life. Someone that makes an impact on our lives, and will always be thought of...

For us, it's a guy on our message board, who a lucky few of us got to meet and and enjoy conversation with. Even if you didn't get the chance to meet him, he was the start of all of our days. Everyone of us wakes up and checks out the daily links. He didn't have to do any of that. He did it for us.

Were a family here.

I regret not getting a picture with him. How the hell did I not get a picture with him..

I remember my dad wanted to sit there for hours talking with Dan after the game. He remembers him most out of anyone he met last year.

You will always live on here, dan. You will never be forgotten