Saints/Packers Offense | Syracusefan.com

Saints/Packers Offense

G

GoCuse44

We have read in the newspaper that Hackett & Marrone have implemented the Saints/Packers offense at SU. Although it has been successful at the NFL level those two teams also have two of the best QB's in the NFL. The Packers not only have a great QB they have three big time wide receivers (Jennings, Driver, Nelson), a top notch tight end (Finley), and they utilize their fullback (Kuhn) in short yardage situations.

I would say we have a solid QB (with limited mobility), a lack of talent/experience at the wide receiver postition, and a solid TE in Provo. The one position our coaching staff has not utilized at all is the fullback position in short yardage situations.

I was wondering if the problem is that we simply do not have the talent at wide receiver to successfully run the Packers/Saints pro style offense at this point in time.

Over the next two years I hope the group of talented freshman and sophmore WR's (Foster, West, Flemming) improve, Adonis Moore will take on a role like Kuhns has with the Packers, and Marrone will have a couple of more recruiting classes filled with the athletes he needs to fully implement this offense.

the only contribution Marrone made to the Saints offense was getting Sean Peyton's coffee every morning.

We have read in the newspaper that Hackett & Marrone have implemented the Saints/Packers offense at SU. Although it has been successful at the NFL level those two teams also have two of the best QB's in the NFL. The Packers not only have a great QB they have three big time wide receivers (Jennings, Driver, Nelson), a top notch tight end (Finley), and they utilize their fullback (Kuhn) in short yardage situations.

I would say we have a solid QB (with limited mobility), a lack of talent/experience at the wide receiver postition, and a solid TE in Provo. The one position our coaching staff has not utilized at all is the fullback position in short yardage situations.

I was wondering if the problem is that we simply do not have the talent at wide receiver to successfully run the Packers/Saints pro style offense at this point in time.

Over the next two years I hope the group of talented freshman and sophmore WR's (Foster, West, Flemming) improve, Adonis Moore will take on a role like Kuhns has with the Packers, and Marrone will have a couple of more recruiting classes filled with the athletes he needs to fully implement this offense.
i don't think the packers WR are that special compared to other decent NFL teams

the gap between rodgers/brees and average qbs is much bigger than the gap between packers wrs and avg wrs.

if nassib were close to average at deep passes to open WR, this offense would be much more effective

edit - not that i wouldn't want more athletic receivers. i like van chew but he disappears a lot. feast or famine with him. but if nassib hits him, there's 70 more yards and we wouldn't be as worried about WRs

i don't think the packers WR are that special compared to other decent NFL teams

the gap between rodgers/brees and average qbs is much bigger than the gap between packers wrs and avg wrs.

if nassib were close to average at deep passes to open WR, this offense would be much more effective

edit - not that i wouldn't want more athletic receivers. i like van chew but he disappears a lot. feast or famine with him. but if nassib hits him, there's 70 more yards and we wouldn't be as worried about WRs
I agree that Nassib's inability to hit the receiver on the deep routes is killing SU. VanChew had the Rutgers safety beat and Nassib simply missed him. Let's hope the boys come out firing on all cylinders this weekend !!

Agreed, those long passes do add the numbers up and this is a problem Nassib has to fix. I'd like to see our wr's separate more each game as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom