Sales pitch | Syracusefan.com

Sales pitch

GooseMutt

All Conference
ok to finish out the trilogy. We talked about where to go as a five star. We talked about what it would take to be a top recruit destination. Now let's hear your sales pitch to a 5 star recruit on why he should come to Syracuse.

No holds barred

ok to finish out the trilogy. We talked about where to go as a five star. We talked about what it would take to be a top recruit destination. Now let's hear your sales pitch to a 5 star recruit on why he should come to Syracuse.

No holds barred
As I suspected. Loss for words? No sales pitch? Other than come and we will make it rain with unlimited minutes in front of large crowd

Ok I will bite.
I will play the role of assistant coach on my closing arguments.

Hey, (recruit), I really hope you have enjoyed your visit to Syracuse University.
As you can tell we are a very proud institution. We love our basketball program and have a lot of pride when it comes to keeping up the Syracuse brand.

I want you to know that out of all the kids that have come across our campus, you are by far the most promising one. And let me tell you we have had the likes of Pearl, Coleman, Melo, and lots in between.

You have the opportunity to come in here and play significant minutes right from the start. Our fans absolutely love our incoming freshman, and they would especially love you. You will be a rock star!

Have you ever played in front of 30 plus thousand screaming fans? Have you ever played on national television? Have you ever played for a hall of fame coach? Have you ever wanted to one day play in the NBA? All those things are a reality at Syracuse University.

Wesley Johnson who played for us has made 15 million dollars in the NBA so far. Derrick Coleman made 91 million dollars. Carmelo Anthony has made 181 millions dollars so far.

All you have to do is sign on this dotted line and you and your family will forever be taken care of. We want you, the fans want you, Jim Boeheim wants you.

We have lots of premier high school basketball players itching for this scholarship right in front of you...what do you say kid?

Ok I will bite.
I will play the role of assistant coach on my closing arguments.

Hey, (recruit), I really hope you have enjoyed your visit to Syracuse University.
As you can tell we are a very proud institution. We love our basketball program and have a lot of pride when it comes to keeping up the Syracuse brand.

I want you to know that out of all the kids that have come across our campus, you are by far the most promising one. And let me tell you we have had the likes of Pearl, Coleman, Melo, and lots in between.

You have the opportunity to come in here and play significant minutes right from the start. Our fans absolutely love our incoming freshman, and they would especially love you. You will be a rock star!

Have you ever played in front of 30 plus thousand screaming fans? Have you ever played on national television? Have you ever played for a hall of fame coach? Have you ever wanted to one day play in the NBA? All those things are a reality at Syracuse University.

Wesley Johnson who played for us has made 15 million dollars in the NBA so far. Derrick Coleman made 91 million dollars. Carmelo Anthony has made 181 millions dollars so far.

All you have to do is sign on this dotted line and you and your family will forever be taken care of. We want you, the fans want you, Jim Boeheim wants you.

We have lots of premier high school basketball players itching for this scholarship right in front of you...what do you say kid?
Actually not bad. Where do I sign

I picture JB offering a kid his sack. The kid taking it the wrong way. Red trying to explain to JB that it is a bag not a sack. While simultaneously trying to cool the kid down and explain to him the mistake.

Sweet, my first recruit.
You will not regret this GooseMutt!
I'll make you proud Coach and if you want I can bring a few of my boys I like to play with

All kidding aside - in no particular order

-notable program with great legacy
-Hall of Fame coach
-great academics
-Dome capacity
-rabid fan base
-good asst coaches
-major minutes available
-Melo Center
-beautiful campus
-top league
- T V exposure
-cool uniforms(I like em)
-Cuse brotherhood
-success with NBA
-expensive education
-campus heroes
-knack for on court drama in close games
-we hate Duke Uconn Georgetown

Besides all the normal talking points. We seem to have an awful lot of former players that always come by, and bleed Orange after leaving. Guys come back to work out, and it's really a family.

Not too many that seemed to not enjoy their time here. Of course some exceptions, but feel like we are up there with any program with guys that come back around, and still have their heart in the Cuse.

All kidding aside - in no particular order

-notable program with great legacy
-Hall of Fame coach
-great academics
-Dome capacity
-rabid fan base
-good asst coaches
-major minutes available
-Melo Center
-beautiful campus
-top league
- T V exposure
-cool uniforms(I like em)
-Cuse brotherhood
-success with NBA
-expensive education
-campus heroes
-knack for on court drama in close games
-we hate Duke Uconn Georgetown
Most likely it will be within six hours of their hometown and we have numerous games up and down the east coast, so their friends and family can see them play live multiple times per year.

I hope JB taps into former players more. Dion Mcw grant mali... Those guys can help

I hope JB taps into former players more. Dion Mcw grant mali... Those guys can help

Funny how 2 of those guys were completely disgruntled their frosh year and seriously considered transferring.

Worst trilogy since the Star Wars prequels.

IMO what we need is not a canned pitch.
What we need is a strategy, based upon our strengths and program history.
We need to build relationships with our recruits; the ones who truly want to be here.
Historically we are a program that goes to the tournament and who helps develop players for their pro careers.
We have a lot to sell and we need to identify our needs for each class and find iut, as soon as posdible, who wants us and who is just playing.
We need to involve alums as well as bringing in high profile experts who will regularly speak to our players on life beyond college. We need to demonstrate to recruits and families that we take care of our own. Let the Dukes & Kentucky's have theirs and we will be just fine with those who truly cover The Cuse!

Have you ever heard the engine of a 2017 camaro?

IMO what we need is not a canned pitch.
What we need is a strategy, based upon our strengths and program history.
We need to build relationships with our recruits; the ones who truly want to be here.
Historically we are a program that goes to the tournament and who helps develop players for their pro careers.
We have a lot to sell and we need to identify our needs for each class and find iut, as soon as posdible, who wants us and who is just playing.
We need to involve alums as well as bringing in high profile experts who will regularly speak to our players on life beyond college. We need to demonstrate to recruits and families that we take care of our own. Let the Dukes & Kentucky's have theirs and we will be just fine with those who truly cover The Cuse!

I agree 100%. As a buyer, half the time you're buying something or a service from someone you're buy the salesperson, the trust, the relationship.

What we have sells itself. JB and crew doesn't need to sell the Melo Center, they need to sell the family, the brotherhood, the comradeship and things these recruits do not see on the surface.

I think that's why Hop did such an amazing job as a recruiter, these guys trusted him and absolutely loved him. Not sure we have that on our staff right now but hope our guys figure it out so we start getting in the mix for some top ranked guys.

I agree 100%. As a buyer, half the time you're buying something or a service from someone you're buy the salesperson, the trust, the relationship.

What we have sells itself. JB and crew doesn't need to sell the Melo Center, they need to sell the family, the brotherhood, the comradeship and things these recruits do not see on the surface.

I think that's why Hop did such an amazing job as a recruiter, these guys trusted him and absolutely loved him. Not sure we have that on our staff right now but hope our guys figure it out so we start getting in the mix for some top ranked guys.
It also helps to get that one really good recruit to get the ball rolling and gets the kids talking.
You bring in a solid kid early and other kids want to play with them. It is not always the case but momentum seems to play a big part in recruiting amongst other things.

"Look, kid. We have this message board with thousands of fans who really, really know basketball. They'll post on the site daily telling you what you need to improve upon, and will advise you when it makes sense to go to the NBA. You won't need to hire an agent or even work out for NBA teams, because our fans already know what's best for you. Are you ready to have your game broken down and analyzed and have outrageous comparisons made to college players from the 1980s, before you were born? Great - see you at the Melo Center."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom