Saturday’s Celeb Guest | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Saturday’s Celeb Guest

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Rock’s the highest paid actor in Hollywood I’m fairly certain.

Do you have proof, or do you suspect that he is paying people?

You got a link for that?
Weitsman is a billionaire from what I have found out.
Odell Beckham Jr., the Bella Twins, Jeremy Piven aren't Syracuse basketball fans.
The guy obviously has a deal to get these celebrities to come to Syracuse games. It might be part of a contract for business deals or he just may pay personal appearance fees.
There is nothing wrong with the guy doing this. These celebrities are being compensated in one way or the other.
I respect Weitsman for using his bleep you money to do this.

I know somebody who paid William Morris company who represents Tom Brady to book him for a private party he was hosting. You can book celebrities. Weitsman either thru his businesses or these companies does this. Why would he publicize it.

so is security going to be beefed up for this?

I think it's still a fluid situation. I was hearing Burrow, now I'm hearing Edelman and that Drake may be back on the table.

He loves building his brand. So far, we’ve been lucky that it’s positively impacted us and the community.
It's his money he can do what he wishes. But how has it positively impacted the community? Are you suggesting he is influencing dior?

If he wants to make a direct impact to SU, pitch in another $25M gift for the athletic department.

It's his money he can do what he wishes. But how has it positively impacted the community? Are you suggesting he is influencing dior?

If he wants to make a direct impact to SU, pitch in another $25M gift for the athletic department.
I don’t think he’s doing anything that’d be considered illegal or an infraction, so no.

i just think these stunts have become more about his brand than SU. Otherwise, yes he’d donate an athletic building or something of the sort.

he’s funded homeless shelters/food halls and other community projects around cuse. He also plans, so I’ve heard, to create an upstate Basketball prep school.

he’s donated plenty of money to local charities and organizations in the Syracuse area and the southern tier. I’d say that is the community. He also helped out the Dungeys with medical expenses. He’s done more for people than the rest of us combined probably.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Foxda130

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom